Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Do you think they should have a Junior Womens division at all the pro events like they have the Junior Mens? It would seem that these young riders are the future pro's in the Womens division? They have this division at Nationals and Worlds why not on the Pro Tour?
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-13-2004, 11:01 PM Reply   
i don't know, BUT i think that they FOR SURE should have a women's division. that would be great for the sport. for girls....and for guys!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2004, 12:50 AM Reply   
well, the women dont even ride in all the PWT events, so i think that right there tells you that there probably wont be any jr. womens at the PWT for awhile. oh yeah, that, and its kinda expensive to travel unless you have sponsors. i dont know too many women that have more than a couple sponsors (that arent already on the pro tour).
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
From what I have been told, there will not be a Jr. mens series on the PWT. They have decided to only have "pros". I think that the pro women will be at all stops.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-14-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Tom, is there an explanation for that?? It seems to me that they are throwing out the baby with the bathwater. So jr mens would only be with the amateur events?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hi Robyn,

I guess the PWT wants to put on a Pro only event. They think that the Jr. X Series should not be in their format because they are amatuers. I think they are being short sighted. Most of the pros were in the Jrs. like Santori, Webb, Atkinson, Hanson & the list goes on.

Rumor has it that there will be a Jr. circuit with their own sponsors. I will miss going to the pro stops.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-14-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
Will the jr circuit include only jr men?? Or is it going to be a full on amateur tour? Tell Derek, we are so proud of him. I can just imagine you are beaming. Is the whole family going?? Did Gwen take a look at that place in florida? hugs to the fam, robyn
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
I dont know the format yet. But I do know that the AWA is trying to open up the California market. They will be a cross brtween INT & WWA. There focus is for the amatuer and family.

I am going to get involved somehow, would you like to be?