Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
i dont know if i am the first as ive never seen it done. nicknamed a cosmosis. same trick as a grabbed osmosis (front hand, shifty) but spin the handle in the air in front of you then catch it. its easier than you think if you can already let go. i found it easy because as it spins it stays on an axis.

if its a regular trick then pretend you never saw this post!

good fun and loots cheeky! give it a go
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
i believe osmosis only refers to when you let go/pick up the handle on a spin. it's a suicide if you do it on a wakejump - or any non-spin trick apparently as andrew adkinson does a suicide raley and was working on a suicide 313 (yes the 313 involves a spin, but the letgo/pickup of the handle is done during the raley part).

but i've never seen anyone spin the handle when they do a suicide. that's pretty cool. but you'll have to come up with another name.

like suicide prestidigitation? ;)
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Ah christopher, thought you may join in on this. i was getting bord of no new threads so just racked my brains to get one going. Yes the name is wrong but to be honest, like grabs i can do them all but not a clue what 90%are called!

I would like to see a 5 or a raley with the handle spun as it looks wicked. i think this will get out and you will see the pros doing this one. i have been doing it on my grabs shiftys. It is actually easier i think as the handle has its own "orbit" and of course spinning it will meet your hand better. found that about 1 and a half or two rotations seems best. just put your hand back out and its there. i did have an mpeg of when i first started them a year or two ago. if i find it i will post it or try getting a camera out with me again.

incidentally i find these tricks alot easier behind the boat and not on the double up. think its to do with height and angle.
ps.uk water is getting cold!

(Message edited by tantrum999 on September 29, 2003)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
i agree, i wish there would be more traffic in this forum.

definitely get some video up here -i'd love to see it! i've only tried a couple of suicides and im not at all comfortable with 'em yet. i keep forgetting to try them. as i've said before, just so much stuff to work on!

which way do you spin the handle - in the direction you're going or reverse?

now you know what would be seriously cool? a suicide tantrum! haha. theorectically possible...
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
spin the handle anti clockwise and im goofy, yes think same direction. its 3 am here and trying to work it out. boarding wednesday so i will try to take the trick to blind. but i think that alot but dont try. its a long way to blind after spinning it.

one main key is shoulders and head back at the peak. it is far easier than most people think. i just though.... wonder if its possible toeside???? maybe too much tension but maybe half way through a 180. gotto try that.