Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-14-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
I need a few suggestions for a distrubution block for stereo set up. I will be running 4 amps: 2 JL 300/2, JL 6450, and A1400. This will be a dual battery system. Clarion HU, WS485's and WS-420. Was not sure what info was needed so I listed it all. My buddy suggested Sound stream but I don't know what I'm buying. Also patch cord req would be great as a second opinion.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-14-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
i use streetwires/esoteric..
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-14-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Best I have used is Streetwires CBR44S, I prefer the solid mounted screw down fuses, unfortunately they are discontinued. It does both power and grounds.

Upload
Old     (bullit4888)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
I just installed a soundstream in my boat. I'm really happy with it but I'm not a fan of the blue led spider on the front. It has both positive and ground with screw down midi fuses. It also has a relay included to turn on your amps which is really handy.
Upload
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-14-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
That's the soundstream unit I have as well. You could disconnect the wiring to the cover if you don't like the lights. There are 2 plugs inside that connect the cover to the board. I'm not sure if the lights and gauges are independent...you'd have to figure it out I guess. I think one of the plugs was towards the bottom, so it may just be the spider lights.

It uses the same fuses as the streetwires unit. It does remote turn on as well, and has connections for a cap if you need it.

If you end up getting any of these make sure you get fuses. I forgot and had to go buy em locally. Duh.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
I use two Stinger SHD21's one for power and one for ground.
Upload

Then I have a Blue Sea 100 amp thermal circuit breaker near the battery.
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have a similar question. I have a customer that is going to put in a second battery bank and is looking for a distribution block that goes from 1/0 to 3 or 4 4 gauge out. I have a supplier that has one of these that does that exact thing and uses mini ANL fuses. The distribution block is a Raptor and the fuses would be tsunami. Anybody have any experience with these and what size fuses should he use? I don't think his stereo is anything crazy.