Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    stillstandin            03-15-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
So I contemplated posting anything about the experience I just had with this company. I will make a long story short.

I went to the Sac boat show. My wife and I talked about getting a light bar for our boat. We decided to go ahead and do it. Got what I thought was a good deal. $399 for the bar, $100.00 for the wire harness, and $50.00 to put it on. (Ive been working a lot lately, and dont have the time to do it.) I told the guy at pro-flight, I did not want them to remove my tower, and wanted them to run the wires the same way as my tower speakers, only on the starboard side.(have heard horror stories about towers going on and off buy this company)

The rep's from pro flight (two of them) both said thats is how they would hook it up, and gave us our total. We gave him our credit card info, and they told us they would call us on Monday after the boat show, and make an appt to hook it up.

Monday comes, I recieve a message to give proflight a call. I call, they rep says he talked to his production mananager. The pm said he under quoted me, and it was going to be more. I asked for an explanation. He told me it was going to be $30.00 more for the wire harness, and they would have to remove the tower. I told him I did not want the tower taken off. He told me this is how they do it, and because it would take more man power, and would have to deal with the speakers on the tower, it would be $400.00 extra for the light bar to be installed. Needles to say I said, thanks but no thanks.

I wasnt going to post anything, but I think this is pretty shady, and bad business.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-15-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Craig

Give me a call at the shop tomorrow after 1:00pm. I think I can help you out. I don't see any reason to pull the tower. I should be able to get close to that price.

(209)466-8863

Old    stillstandin            03-15-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
Chas, will do, thanks
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-15-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Craig
Sorry to hear about that, I had a Proflight tower put on my boat during the winter two years ago and they were great to me, I dropped the boat off and picked it up 3 hours later with the tower and light bar done.
As far as boat shows go, I also got a bum deal on a new boat, got a price on paper, went to do the paperwork and they said the saleman quoted me to low a price and added 875.00 to a 47,000 dollar boat. I walked out on the deal as a principal matter. I'm looking again.
Check out my Sanger in here for sale 1999 DLX
Good luck
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Pulling a tower to run wire for lights, new to me, never ran into this myself.

Charlie will take care of you for sure.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-16-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Hey Craig, Give http://wakeair.com a call. They are great guys and have very nice product!! They are up in the sac area.
Old     (tgsquared_27)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SITUATION.....FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH PROFLIGHT, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANY WORK THEY DO. THEY FULLY CUSTOMIZED MY BOAT AND SENT ME PICTURES BY EMAIL AS IT PROGRESSED DOWN THE LINE FROM TOWER TO ADDING AUDIO TO BIMINI AND BOAT COVER. THIS JUST MADE ME FEEL REASSURED MY BOAT WAS BEING TAKEN CARE FOR THE DURATION IT WAS THERE.

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Pro flight is the bomb. If you have any legitmait concern call Tim or Gary over there and they will take care of you. I am a little surprised at the comments, but try to get them another shot as they have made a living on their service. You can always get a hodl of me directly as well and I may be able to help
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
I had great service from Proflight when I got some racks from them. I hope you get your stuff sorted out ok.
Old    stillstandin            03-16-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
I had them install a tower on my old boat, and had no problems. But this was real shady IMO. Gary is the one I talked to at the boat show, and then called me and told me it would be twice as much as I was quoated, and had a receipt for. I live in Modesto, so I would have liked to give a local business my money. But they will no longer have it. All of my buddies who have boats here locally will no longer be considering them for anything any longer also.

Bummer, because in the past, I did have a good experience. But I would not trust this company with my boat any longer.
Old    stillstandin            03-16-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
By the way Jason, thanks for the offer. The whole thing just put a bad taste in my mouth, so I will contact Neptunes. But again, I do appreciate the offer.
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Craig,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. This sounds unusual for Pro Flight (I am a dealer in San Jose). Please give me a call and I will be happy work with you to contact the owner of pro flight on your behaf to see if we can resolve the issue and make you a satisfied customer instead of a Pi**** off one. Bill Topside Marine 408 224 BOAT
Old    stillstandin            03-16-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Topsidemarine..thanks. Since I want to be fair, and posted a negative post, I will do whats right, and post the positive one. I just got a call from a proflight rep. They were very apologetic, and wanted me to come down to fix the issue. I am going out of town, but will talk with them when I get back.

Thank you to Jason, and Topsidemarine for stepping up, I appreciate it.
Old    walt            03-16-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
It sounds more like a mistake than a shady scam.

There's a real big difference IMHO.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-16-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
No experience with Pro Flight but I can tell you that when I went to wire my four tower speakers and light bar, I pulled my tower. I could see damage to upholstery, carpet, guages, etc, happening real easy trying to do it with the tower on the boat. Just seemed alot easier to deal with it right on the floor in front of me, then re-install as an assembly. I also replaced the four rubber tower mount cushions at the same time.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-17-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
My rubber cushions were cracking too and Proflight sent me another set. I haven't even put them on yet.
Nice to do business with people who care about there customers and stand behind their products.