Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    locofauker383            03-25-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
Hey whats up all...jus had a question bout these bindings and seeing if i could get some advice. Need to buy some new bindings and the Collective Development "AS01's" seem pretty sweet. Any suggestions?
Old    locofauker383            03-25-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of them if you dont know what im talkin bout

AS01
Old    sbvfive            03-25-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
Here is what I can tell you about th cd as01's. I have a pair of the As01's and a pair of the Fs01's. The Fs01's are the exact same boot with a regular tongue instead of the air pump one. They are a great concept...beyond that, they need a little work. In terms of function, they give great hold. You won't fall out of them even if you stack hard. They also give a good feel of the board and good control...better then most bindings. The biggest issues in my mind were the following. It takes forever to lace the damn things the way you want. Especially if you boat is weighted and the platform is under water. The laces float around and its a pain. But the biggest problem was the heel. The outer shell has a cutout around the heel. it is stiff, so if you go back on your heels, like if you were to point your toes while you had them on just chilling in the water waiting for the boat to turn around, the heel peice hurts your heel. It is really uncomfortable. However, you don't notice it as much when you ride. As far as the air pump thing. It doesn't work worth a damn. The air pocket tends to bunch up inside the toe peice and make pressure points rather then eliminate them. If you do get CD's, just get the fs01. The fs01 is straightforward with out the gimmicks. It is more comfortable. A final note. I heard that the 2003 models fixed the heel pressure problem, so you might want to look for those. They are called the FS02 and AS02 as far as I know. There is my opinion.....my advice....demo them before you buy them. Some people swear by them, I think that they are just average.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
there's a pair for sale in the classifieds .
Old    jetgofish            03-26-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
Mike - I have rode the FSO2's and like Scott agree with the fact that they take a long time to lace into. On the water adjustments are impossible to make and I found them to be a bit stiff for pokes and grabs. Another thing that was concerning to me was the fact (also as Scott mentioned) is that you DO NOT come out even when staking hard! I found this to add a mental block to my inverts. These were comfortable bindings while actually up and riding, but when sitting in the water or on the platform I found that I wanted out as quickly as possible.

Overall in my opinion these are a good binding, however they wouldn't be my first choice. I chose to buy the new CWB Boss bindings. I can provide you with a great rep if your intrested!
Old    locofauker383            03-27-2004, 12:31 AM Reply   
All right....well I was pretty much caught up in the gimmick...so what would you guys reccomend for an intermediate rider. I was also looking into some CWB Mobes but iont know. Soo????
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-29-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
I agree with Teri, the Boss bindings are very good. I have tried on all the CD bindings and and none of them feel as good as the BOSS binding!