Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
WakeSport Ranch, located at the site of the world's first Motor Sport Country Club www.motorsportranch.com, is one of the largest and finest cable operated wakeboard parks ever built, with a cable length of 1771 feet and straights that are 590 feet long.

The web site will be updated soon with more pictures and the information contained in this email.

Construction on the nine acre lake began in November of 2008. An enormous amount of rock was encountered on one end of the lake, but I am happy to say that it has been removed. A delay in the final financing also occured, but that too has been resolved.

The lake itself is in the final stages of excavation, the shore line is being sloped to the proper angle to dissapate the waves. An additional water well has been drilled and should be on line next week. The filling of the lake should commence within two weeks.

The actual cable equipment is in transit from Rixen in Germany and is scheduled for delivery on the 18th of August. Installation of the equipment will commence the week after delivery. For you hard core riders, we will probably be in operation until about Christmas time.

Pricing for the various park passes will be finalized and posted shortly and will pretty much be in line with other parks.

Sponsors have already teamed up to provide various product, including the rental equipment - wake boards and bindings from CWB, life vests, helmets, etc.

The obstacles and ramps are under construction and nearing completion. Initially, there will be a fun box, a wedge, a kicker, and an A-frame. Okay, now get this... the wedge and the kicker jumps are adjustable via remote control! For the experienced riders, they can be raised to about 5 1/2 feet out of the water, but can be lowered to about 2 1/2 feet for beginners. The world's first, I believe.

If that is not exciting and innovative enough, the lake is so large, that if one should fall opposite the launch point, it is a quarter mile walk back. So why not arrange for transportation. How about a Tram that runs on a track to carry riders around the lake? The track for the Tram is actually about 3,000 feet of 20" guage train track, construction for which is now about 85% complete. So just hop on the Tram, seated facing the lake, relax, and save your energy for riding. The "walk of shame" can now become the ride of relaxation.

Plans are also in the works for sand volleyball courts and an outdoor gym.

Other good things include:
A brand new Best Western hotel across the street.
Food close by - Tumbleweed BBQ, Subway, Sonic, Golden Chick (coming soon)
Convenience store within walking distance.

Just how much fun can you have in life?

The nice "Lake House" will have to wait until next season, as funding allows. Everything so far has been done with personal and private funds in the form of simple loans, as banks were useless for such things as Motor Sport Country Clubs and Wake Board Parks before the decline, they are rediculously useless now.
I will keep you notified of progress and status in the coming weeks and announce the opening day when it is determined.

Best regards,

Jack V. Farr
President
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-06-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
where is it located? right outside of dallas??
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-06-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Looks like its Southwest from Ft. Worth. About an hour drive from downtown Dallas...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-06-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Got it too. This place is going to be sick! They aren't cutting any corners with this thing. Jeff (Innov8) is looking to make this park one of the best in the country!
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-06-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
YES!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!! My brother took his car to the motorsports ranch one time, he said that was pretty sick too!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
We are getting close!!
I will have pics of everything later this month as they start to install the Cable System.

Motorsport Ranch is awesome as well, first Class all the way!!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
i've been wanting a tram style thing for awhile...if that part of it is true i'm pretty stoked
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
I also wanted to say thank you to
Our Sponsors.
So far we have

CWB Board Co
Shred Ready Helmets
Jet Pilot
Nautique
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Its very true JD, the tram will be sick!!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-06-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
wow! sounds exciting!

How high is the cable going to be? Is there and island in the middle to cut down on chop? What about a bar that serves magarita's and beer? My non wakeboarding friends like to hang out on the beach at TSR and drink
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
10 meters off the water, 32 feet
Yes we have an island
Tumble Weeds restaurant has a bar and is right on the lake, the tram will go by Tumble Weeds as well.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-06-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
So you can fall, get on the tram, and then grab a beer on your way back to the starting dock?! Greatness!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
No drinking and riding allowed Eubanks.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
The train is probably the best idea for a cable park. Can't believe no one else has done that.

Any ideas on daily/hourly pricing?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
From above update

"Pricing for the various park passes will be finalized and posted shortly and will pretty much be in line with other parks."
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-06-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
will it be open year round?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
That depends on the members/customers.

As of now we do plan to close down for Jan and Feb.

What do you think, How many of you would ride all year round?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
You're going to get some people that are absolutely obsessed with wakeboarding and won't care about the cold. Your casual rider and newcomer will not be out if it's cold. TSR closes down during the week during the cold months and is open on the weekends for the core riders...that's what I'd do.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
Riders View - I like the winters more than the summer as the crowds aren't as big and I get more riding time and better water.

Owners View - Not sure you will get enough people to cover you operation cost.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Mike, we all don't have as much insulation as you do to keep us warm! lol..jk
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-07-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
I think on weekends during the cold months.. I def will be riding this winter, I dont care how cold it gets... I plan to make a bunch of trips down there..
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
Not all of us can be male models...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Well the proshop will be open all year around, so I will Talk with Jack, I think opening on the weekends, Jan thru feb is a good idea.

Thanks everyone.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
That sounds great Jeff! Will you guys offer any sort of mini-season package deals...maybe like 5 half days or something? The full season passes are great for weekly riders but maybe offer something for people that will make it out there 5-10 times?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have to say.... the Tram will be a huge part of me making the trek down to ride.
My only other concern: Please have decent handles with rope that does not rub scabs on the side of your hands.

I am fired up to get out and ride it!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Keep the suggestions coming we have a meeting on Monday.

I will see what can be done about the Handles, you cant just put any handle on a Cable, hopefully they have better Handles then they have in the past, I will find out soon enough.

I am sure we can put some kind of package together, like buy 10 day passes and get a discounted day rate price, I will bring it up in the meeting on Monday.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
I wouldn't mind the wooden handles so much if the rope was not that frayed looking stuff (don't know what it is) that burns the edge of your hand (pinkies) because of the triangle shape coming down to the edges of the handle. When you have large hands or a small handle it is hard not to rub your pinkies on the outside edge where the rope comes down. That is THE main reason I never went back to TSR. It literally took my hands a month to heal because of the rope burn.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Gene, I will find away to fix that problem, if we have handles like that.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Gene - Don't you know real wakeboarders ride with their hands together in the middle of the handle?! Try it out...plus you won't get any rope burn.
Old     (neneman54)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-07-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
i know this is a large suggestion but once you finish there and you are raking in the dough would you please open a cable park in so-cal.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
You got one coming to San Diego maybe (Santee Lakes), but if nothing comes of it, I have some contacts in So Cal, that want to build a Cable and I would be more then happy to help out in any way I can.