Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-23-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advanced copy of Spencer Norris latest release HI LIGHT! All I can say is that the film is simply amazing. If you can get out to a premier DO IT! Buy a copy for yourself and your best friend. The Cinematography in the film is leaps and bounds above what you get in you "average" wake film. Spencer's eye for angles and new shots is incredible.

As for the level of riding, all I can say is WOW! This is crew has been riding and filming with Spencer for his last 2 films (The Arrival and One Eye Shut) its awesome to see where the crew has come and where their level of riding is now. Stand out Performances from every rider in the Movie. Robby Carters riding is AMAZING as always, his Batwing Blind Threes are on LOCK, he blast off giant moves! Bryon Hutton can spin so well it’s shocking I think he has every 7 variation, he will land the first wake-to-wake ten. Alex Scagliotti is way to under rated, he makes front Mobe 5's (Slim 5) look simple so smooth. Jeff HOUSE, OMG! He is becoming a switch master back to back everything and the beating he takes in the crash section is wild, he really pays his dues to make his riding look effortless. Jimmy Trask, Thomas Olson, and Derek Grasman are riding so well I was awe struck. And Of Course JD Webb's section is full of Hammers. Hands down the best wake film I have seen in a long while. GOOD JOB SPENCER!!!!!

Here is the Trailer:

http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details.php?id=4401&page=4
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-23-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
that trailer is epicly good
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Nick Jones' Heel Back Off 5 was so sick that I felt like I was the man.... just from watching it.
Old     (bird_dog)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-23-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
agreed.
we picked up a copy at the premier at EVO in seattle. great film and good times up there.
Spencer keeps progressing and producing quality work and wish him well in this.
Old     (rob_corum)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
Word. Can't wait to see it.

The best thing about tall-spence's movies is his personal passion to the sport. Obviously, he isn't making a movie just to do it, he spends a ton of time (his life) into each film and pours his heart and soul into each split second of the movie.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
ugh y cant springride be here already i getta see the premiers for 2 of my most anticipated films hi light and global warning i cant wait these 3 weeks are going to go by so slow!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-23-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Nintzel's review pretty much nailed it, but I want to add Nick Jones section in the mix, Killed it!! Nick filmed for "One Eye Shut" by getting to the dock on crutches, he was healthy for the first time in 2 years for this film and definitely made it right. Rob C, Jeff house, JD and all the guys step up for Spencer for this film. Be sure to check out the friends section for riding from Kyle Alberts, Rathy, Andrew A. and others.

Some pic's from the Permier at Evo's last weekend, good times and free micro brew Free swag from Slingshot, O'Brian, Northwest Riders clothing, Evo and others. Good to talk with Zack & Greg from Northwest Riders. Nice work Spencer, awesome film.

In from Orlando, Mr. Jones was in the house

Upload

WIT front man Spencer Norris

Upload

Upload

Alex & Torie

Upload

Upload

Spencer & Thomas

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-24-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
Great Shots randy!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
That trailer is super, super ill. I can't wait to see the whole thing at Spring Ride.

Nice job Spencer. Looking really good.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       04-24-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Was that a 10 off the wake there at the end?
Old     (derek_grasman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-24-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
There will be a premier in Knoxville as well. Next week on Thursday the 30th of April. It will be at a Wild Wings in Campbel Station I think. It's through Knoxwake.com
Old    campnorris00            04-26-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. Thank you Andy for the post I am stoked that you like the video so much. Through out the year and a half of filming and being poor I had so much support through the riders and family, I couldnt have done it without them. The whole time I was in Florida Derek gave be a place to stay and Zane gave us a place to ride. There is just to much to mention because when your on a extremely tight budget all you can really rely on is the support you get from everyone around you. So thank you to everyone for the support and let me know if you are interested in getting your hands on a video
Old    campnorris00            04-26-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Here is the teaser for Hi Light which I put together about midway through filming it.

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-27-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
^^^ I would be very interested in buying a copy.
Old    campnorris00            04-27-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
www.witproductions.wordpress.com
just click on the link on the top post or go to the Buy video page and click on the link. fill out the quick paypal form and I will get the video out to you as fast as possible
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-27-2009, 11:06 PM Reply   
i know this is somewhat random but its part of this thread but... whats the name of the song you have going on the alliance wake trailer for the movie? the movie and song is tight!
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-28-2009, 1:14 AM Reply   
I'm in the fifth photo yay! haha... BTW There will be another showing up at Bow Lake, Wa following the Nick Jones wakeboard clinic that is being held on Friday the 28th. There will be a keg for those of age, and possible Sloshball game following the video.

www.bowlakewatersports.com
Old    campnorris00            04-28-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
The song is
The Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D.
its a really good song.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
thanks norris! video looks really good too!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-28-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Just bought it!
Old    campnorris00            04-28-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Everyone who has bought a copy so far it should be to you in two or three days.

Thank you for supporting the dream
True true.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Spencer always puts out a good effort with his films. He is passionate and has a vision, two good qualities to putting together a good film. Good luck with your film, I know you worked hard, I cant wait to see the whole thing.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-29-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Spencer, I'm clicking on the link to "Buy Video" but it isn't taking me anywhere, just reloads the same page.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
If anyone is going to the Spanky rail jam in Sac and wants to pick up a copy at the premier Sat. night I will have some for sale there also.
Old    campnorris00            04-29-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Les the pages look similar I know but if you click on the link under the picture of the tapes it will take you to the pay pal page
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-01-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
Spencer, I got my copy in the mail yesterday... best video ever. Thanks for the quick ship and keep up the great work.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-01-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
So SIK!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-01-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
Mallenger,

I have been telling everyone that. This Video is Simply Amazing.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-01-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
I'm still trying to digest some of what's going on in the video. It moves so fast I had to rewind it at least 10 times to figure out what I had just seen. In House's section alone there is the bs 180 double grab (with no handle) and then derek hands him one of the 2 handles he's holding (they both ride away)... not to mention the w2w bs 7...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-01-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
mallenger,

then house does a swithc w2w bs 7. AMAZING. I am sorry but I am sick of seeing the same 10 dudes in videos. That's what I love about Spencers Videos, he shows you some talent that you may have never heard of that rip super hard. I mean b.hutton is insane! That kid spins like a ton. Flat spin heel nines w2w! WTF!
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-01-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
Wow, quick shipping. I just ordered it Tuesday, got it Friday. Just watched it for the first time. I love it! Awesome cinematography. Plus I think it shows a lot of things that people love about the sport. There is more that goes on than just hitting the wake. Boats, docks, wildlife, gas cans. Messing around, road trips, boat ramps etc. Awesome work. This one is worth watching over and over again!
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-02-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Spencer, Just ordered a copy, glad to find people that are real out there and support there dream. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to watch it..........
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-03-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
The bird flipping section cracked me up but the bs 180 double grab was off the chain!
Old    campnorris00            05-04-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hey everyone who has ordered a video in the past few days, thank you so much for your order and I just shipped them out so you should recieve them on Wenesday. Thanks again!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Did Hutton land that wake to wake 10?
Old    campnorris00            05-04-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
you should purchase the video and find out

http://witproductions.wordpress.com/buy-the-video/
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
Spencer PM me your mailing address, I have some money for you from the Spanky. Better yet Holla at me I have another preimer set up.
Old     (ben8473)      Join Date: May 2009       05-05-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Spencer, I am in UK and want to buy the DVD, what is postage on it please mate?
Cheers

(Message edited by ben8473 on May 05, 2009)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hi Light is the new headliner for the CIE Spring Ride video premier. Thanks Spencer. I'm stoked to say the least.
Old    campnorris00            05-06-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
If any shops are checking out this post I just got a shipment of 1000 copies and just got some out to Ally Distribution. If your interested in picking up some videos please contact them. Thanks
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-06-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
Which online shops have it?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-29-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Just watch this again last nigh. Damn its good!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Just ordered it, I cannot wait to watch it!
Old     (scheaferwake)      Join Date: May 2009       05-29-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
Spencer - Andrew and I sat down and watched all 3 in a row when he was home sick. Hi Light is flat out Awesome. Robby is great!!!!
The filming is the best I have seen out of any wakeboard vid period.

Maybe its because not only are you a great artist but a great rider as well.

Great job.
Old    campnorris00            05-29-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Marty
I definately made sure to put alot of time into my filming and I am hearing good things from everyone and that makes all the hard work worth it.

If anyone is interested in getting there local shop to order some copies you can let them know that Ally Distribution is selling them.
http://www.allyvideo.com/

If anyone cant wait and is looking to pick up a copy you can check out my blog and order it through paypal. Just click on the link.
http://witproductions.wordpress.com/buy-the-video/

But hey lets support those shops.

Thanks again to everyone who has ordered so far and be sure to spread the word. keep checking out my blog for more info on my upcoming plans
www.witproductions.wordpress.com