Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (bighead)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Anyone here from Maryland? Especially the Middle or Upper Bay. Maryland seems to have a pretty beat scene if you could even call is a scene. I usually ride Middle River, mainly Norman Creek. Just checkin to see if anyone is reppin MD.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-30-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Are there good places to ride on the upper bay?

You should also check-out www.dcwake.com
Old     (bighead)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Depends on which way the wind is blowin and how many boats are out. We usually go out on Wed and Fri night before everything is 6mph. I checked out DC Wake but most of those spots down there are at least 1.5 hours by car and way more by boat. I would head west to Deep Creek before dealing with 495 on a weekend. You can usually forget about riding on weekends unless you get out around 7am.
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
i live down on the magothy river, me and a bunch of my friends go out just about everyday. Wakeboarding is pretty big where i live, its pretty much all we do when were out of school
Old     (bighead)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
The Magothy is a nice river. It is about an hour from me by water and that is haulin. I heard the other day from a guy I know down that way that the island out in the middle is now fenced off. Is that true? That was a cool spot to hang. Up where I am, we have never seen anyone else riding besides the 2 guys I ride with. I seldom see some people riding over in Fairlee Creek on weekends since the there is no speed limit in the cove even on weekends.
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
yea thats dobins island, no one really pays attention to the fence tho, a ton of ppl still beach their boats and chill there, thats about 5 min from where i ride, on the magothy you cant ride on weekends, when we do we get up at like 7. There are a good amount of boarders here too.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-01-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
I ride on the Wye River, on the eastern shore. Rode all summer last year and will be riding all summer this year.

There are riders in MD, you just have to know where to find them.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
i normaly ride in the potomac river by dc but my grandparents have a place on the choptank river(eastern shore) i have the only wake boat for miles. the only other boats i see are crabing and some fishing boats. oh and the water is almost always perfect.
but wakeboarding is pretty big in lake anna, not that far from md
Old     (maryland_renegade)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Drew, well said. I am from the eastern shore as well and ride the Wicomico, Nanticoke and the Pocomoke rivers. There is a guy off rt. 50 in Trappe with a mastercraft, looks like a older prostar or something with a tower, didn't know if that was you or if you knew the boat I was talking about.

Gabe
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
Marshy Hope Crew!! I know there is some more MD riders out there! Wicomico and Nanticoke are great rivers!

Gabe! get a picture of that new boat posted ASAP!
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
Gabe, not me my man. WE have a 2006 X-30 and its stored at the end of Bennett Point in Queenstown, at my parents house. I dont know who you are referring to, the only other guy I know that has a wakeboard boat on the eastern shore is a friend of ours on the WYe, who has a Centurion. Saw some dudes in an orange malibu over the summer on the Wye as well. But I didnt think they were locals.

The only river I have rode is the Wye, my parents have a house on it and thats where my boat is. We dont own a trailer so the boat doesnt go anywhere.

How are the wicomico, nanticoke and the pocomoke? Any nettles in them? I met a guy in Annapolis that says he rides the choptank, pony tail, older guy, dont know if anyone knows him or not. He said no nettles whatsoever over there.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
i know that there hasnt been any nettles on the choptank for the last three years
but by the end of the season 4 years ago the nettles were terrible. i couldnt even ride
Old     (erhaben)      Join Date: Jun 2000       05-03-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Alright guys, Im 24 just moved to the Eastern Shore up for South Carolina working for Perdue in Salisbury. Been looking for someone with a boat, Im good for beer, gas money or anything else needed, if anyone wants to help me out let me know.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
No nettles in the wicomico or nanticoke ..water temp is about 64 right now. We were out today it was nice.. tomorrow not so good calling for 26mph winds

Forrest.. shoot me an email and we can try and hook up we are always looking for people to ride. Right now Gabe and I are the only two in the area that I see out on a weekly basis. Someone just got a new Xstar on the wicomico..ran into them today. my email is
sean.m.griswold@comcast.net
Old     (johnson0505)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-08-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Nanticoke and Marshy Hope wakeboarding paradise, we are out there 4 days a week at least !!!!
Old     (iup37)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Anyone ride in western MD on Deep Creek Lake?