Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-24-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
Are they good boats ???
pictures and pics of wake ??
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2005, 5:52 AM Reply   
Gekko makes a decent, competent boat. It is not in the same class as the MasterCraft or Correct Craft, but you don't pay the price, either. As for wake, it depends upon model. The wakes in general are more rampy with a decent lip rather than steep. The wakes are wide, because of the boat's beam. They do ride better than most due to the keel design. It also makes them easy to drive and hold a straight line. The older models were made my Fineline (Centurion) and have that same build quality as a Centurion. The new ones are made by Gekko in their own factory, so the quality has improved - especially the interiors. The best wakeboarding boats in the line are the Revo 6.7 and 7.1. The just re-introduced GTS-20 is a slalom boat that with about 1,200 lbs of ballast makes some great wakes on the cheap. You will have fat sacks around the floor, however. But for about $20k, nothing else comes close in a new boat. I am a Gekko dealer and would be happy to assist you in getting more information, if you want.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-25-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
i am in canada

Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Not a problem, I am in Michigan.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-26-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
Check out Goulet Moto Sports in Ste-Therese, Quebec. Their website is www.gouletmoto.com. They don't have Gekko on their site yet but they do have some boats in stock.
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=9847949&pgno=1

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=10499959&pgno=1
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-30-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
my friend has a 97 gekko gts 20 closed bow ski boat
great little boat ,great wake when you add a fat seat..nothing fancy,cheap interior ,controls
sits very low in water ,easy to dunk when weighted
very cool design ,very sleek looking not bad for the price

Old    newguynewboat            05-31-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
I looked at Gekko, Sanger and Centurion when I was purchasing this spring, mostly due to cost. They all were great boats but I didn't really like the Gekko wake even when the dealer weighted it. I am also fairly new to the sport and my wake judge eperience is limited. But Gekko and Sanger by far were the superior ride.

Hope that helps