Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-13-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
Just back from the war and am looking for a wakeboard club or just a group of people that ride in San Diego area.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-13-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
Jim,

Welcome back! We tried to get a club going but the effort seems to have fallen apart. But there are plenty of people that board in the area and I'm sure you will be able to find someone to give you a pull. I head out to San V quite a bit and usually have room for another person.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-13-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Bill, if you ever need another person please give me a call (760) 591-9228. I have been on boats since I was 4 yrs old and am a great deck hand too. Will gladly chip in for all expenses.
Old    stormrider            08-13-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
Jim, how about Friday afternoon, 4 to closing at San V? I'll get a slalom course pass so we have the best chance of getting better water. One thing, though, you ride for free on my boat (an 02 Moomba Mobius LSV); just my way of saying "thanks" for all the sacrifices you and your family have had to make. We'll probably be heading out Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon as well to San V and the slalom course. Friday is by far the best of the three days. If any of these days work, let me know. Cell 619 9337064.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-13-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Jim i totally dig that profile pic. I also would like to give a very large THANK YOU from me. I am sure that we will see you out there on Sat. if you end up going, and by the way welcome home!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-14-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
Jim, that was a great article in the mag, I can't believe how close you almost came to jumping in that polluted water. No erections would suck LOLOLOL

Check out this club, it's based at Canyon Lake, probably an hour drive for you but cool people to hang with, I just sent my registration form in yesterday, if you get up that way give me a shout out, we are always looking for thirds. Especially ones that can ride shotgun with a M16...LOL

http://www.wakeboardclub.com

Cheers

By the way here is my e-mail address
jfrench@crowncapitalsecurities.com
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-14-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Thanks Randy, I appreciate the thanks and I am very glad to be home. I looked at your profile pic and it is very funny. I am guessing that you didnt make the landing in the picture in the lower right. haha. I posted a question about backrolls in the trick section - if you have any advice I'd love to hear it. Thanks again.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-14-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
Haha Jonathan. You recognized the picture. I only have one series of pictures of me with my wakeboard and they are all in Iraq next to the Saddam Canal. It absolutely killed me that we couldnt get into the water considering the logistical nightmare it was to get everything and everybody in position but my wife is happy (no erection problems here haha).
If you need a third I am always willing to drive just about anywhere. I've been on boats since I was 4 and can fill any position necessary. Always happy to chip in for expeses too.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
You got it!!! Next Sunday the 24th is looking good. I will let you know next Monaday. There might be a possible mid week session too.Cheers