Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-13-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
i just bought a supra ssv (2002). It already has 4 6.5" tower speakers and a large amp. The amp (says 600w on it) is mounted in the drivers seat foot area. do most of you put your sub in the left storage compartment or at the feet of the drivers seat? any pics and prices for sub/amp would be great.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-13-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Mike,
Take off the panel where the drivers feet are and behind there is ample enough space to put a sub. I had a 12" Kicker CVR in a box and also mounted two amps behind there and then put the panel back on. Good thing is that doesnt take up any storage space in the boat and it is all hidden to potential thieves!
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-13-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot. I will take a look. The only problem is this amp will make it harder to pull the panel off, but I can probably just keep the amp there and put the sub/amp behind the panel... I hope that works!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Here is my current setup. I'm havign the box on the driver's side rebuilt.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
how much do you think it costs to buy a sub/amp/enclosure for under the drivers area? i love your setup - those 2 subs below the back seat is pretty smart... can you still use the stadium seating option?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Pricing is all over the board , there are a ton of different options. as cheap as a few hundred up to a few thousand. Yes, you can still use the stadium seating.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Adam how do you like that ported sub box. I'm currently running a 10" sub in observer's seat storage area in a sealed box. The box is firing down on the floor, so you can feel the bass, but little dissapointed on hearing the bass. I have been considering going to a vented box, but would like some feedback before I do so.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Ported sounds lot better to me (in a boat) and definately "hits" harder. I think alot of people go the sealed route b/c of the lack of airspace, and they are usually cheaper to build. If you've got the airspace , ported is the way to go. That one 10 hits hard to where it's annoying to me after a while , I usually turn it way down, unless I'm beached.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I don't have the time to build a box to my liking. I checked on Ebay for some ported boxes and have seen some decent ones. Have you ever heard a ported box to where the sub was facing plexiglass.

Did you build your box?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
I had mine built. That simple box would probably cost a few hundred dollars at a shop. I had a friend build this one. It's resined inside and out.

I've never even seen a ported box where the sub fires into plexiglass? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what yrou talking about?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Like This
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-SINGLE-BANDPASS-CHROME-SUBWOOFER-SUB-BOX_W0QQitemZ9724946580QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
or this
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-inch-CAR-BAND-PASS-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WOOFER-SPEAKER-BOX_W0QQitemZ9725363055QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
i used to have a ported box that fired into plexiglass. it was only a 10" but was very loud. the box was much too big though to fit where i want to put it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Like Mike said , I would think that box would take up alot more space than what most would be willing to give up in a boat.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
adam, do you know the rough dimensions that will fit under that space? your box looks pretty big?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
My sealed box now is almost the same size as the ported box that I have posted above. The Avalanche has ample storage space behind the observers seat. I'd be willing to give up some space in lieu of adding another amp and sub.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Mike I'll proabbly have a cutom ported box for sale in a week or so, that will fit perfectly under the helm. The box will have the original kick panel attacehd to it as a "false" front so it looks stock. I had it built but don't like the fact that the speaer fires into the cabin now....and you can see what I have. I'll try and get some pics up. All I'd want is my cost ($100) on it plus your kick panel in return.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-16-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
i don't know what you mean: "..and you can see what I have". i think i am picturing something else. i am interested though... you can send me some more pics whenever you get a chance to my email (mikesemberg@gmail.com). I am looking for a sub/custom box and I am not going to build it... so that would work for me.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Sorry for being a little vague.....I don't like the fact that anyone looking in my boat can see the sub. with it firing into the cabin there's no getting around that. My other box is behind the kick panel out of plain view. I'll get some pictures ASAP.