Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-10-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Opinions on how and why you mount your bindings one hole in or all the way out. I ride all the way out but used to ride one in. 1 in seemed more comfy. I am 6'6 and 230 pounds.

thanks for all
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
anyone? how much do you duck it out also? what are the guidelines?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
personally 12 degrees on both sides, all the way out. some people like their front foot turned out a little more, some like them parallel... personal preference. play with some different settings until you're comfortable
Old     (socalrider)      Join Date: May 2002       07-12-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I ride with them all the way out with a ducked stance. The front more than the back. Wakeboarding Mag has an article about this exact subject in this months issue. The most important thing is to ride what feels natural and comfortable to avoid injuries that can come about by having an awkward stance.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I have mine set symmetrical. My stance is all the way out with a slight outward angle. I like the wide stance because you have more stability on landings and from standing tall on landings. I think its also easier for grabs and stuff.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
"front foot turned out a little more"

There is no such thing if you are working regular and switch (as you should be)!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
thats why they are both are 12 degrees
Old    wickedwake            07-12-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
All the way out....10 degrees on both.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-12-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Should be noted that "all the way out" differs from board to board, and, sometimes, differs from year to year. Example, my 2003 Premier had a narrower stance "all the way out" than my 2004/05 Premier. Read that WakeBoard Mag article...has good stuff about saving your knees and putting your stance right for your body type.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
brian,
thanks. that is great info. i just checked it out and helped me make my decision.

thanks
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-12-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
if you have someone push you on the shoulder sideways with your feet together then you will fall...with your feet apart then you will just be able to stand there......THE POINT IS....wider is better!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Actually I know of a really good rider that prefers his back foot be ducked out a little more than his front. He says this helps open him up more on switch heelside spins. First time I ever heard of that but I have seen it done. This guy is a sick rider too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
Not necessarily Nathan. Allen Bishcofberger is prob the sickest guy I ride with and he rides with a narrow stance because a wide stance hurts his knees.
And he throws down everything huge into the flats.

Base your stance on the comfort of your body mechanics. Listen to your knees.
Old    ren            07-12-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I ride all the way out and ten degrees ducked on both, but if it wasn't comfortable I'd ride with a narrower stance.

Like J-Rod and the others before him said, Comfort is the key.
Old    buergday            07-12-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
"Listen to your knees."

...AND YOUR BACK! Last season I switched my stance to all the way out and wound up with 1 herniated disk and 2 bulging disks on my very first set. After 3 months of rehab, I went ahead and moved them back in.