Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-20-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
My F-150 is toast and it's all my fault.

Crossing a street and never saw the 1500 Dodge until we collided. I was reaching for my phone.

I'm a little stiff but seem OK, the other driver seems OK.

1997 F150 without a scratch or dent. Perfect shape, new tires and brakes. I'll probably get five bucks when that little green lizard is finished with me.

I haven't been in an accident since around 1985 and have never been at fault, ever. I haven't had a ticket in 12 years.

Now this. I'm depressed, down in the dumps. Seems like my whole world is crumbling.

Sorry for the grumble, just had to vent somewhere.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Look at it from the bright side, at least your not hurt and no one else is.... just rememver its property damage and there are a lot worse things that could have happened... a week or so in the body shop and you'll be as good as new!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
don't worry FORD makes new trucks every day. only this one will come with payments.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-20-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Sucks man, at least a new truck is coming your way and your not injured. New platinum f150's are sick!!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-20-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
youre not hurt & other dude isnt either - Thats ALL that matters.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-20-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Glad to hear you are alright man.
Let me know how the green lizard treats you.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-20-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Green Lizard is gonna chew you up and spit you out! Hopefully its totaled and you get a decent pay off. Other wise be ready to have a half american half chinese truck. Geico sucks.

GLAD EVERYONE IS OK!!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-20-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Oh No.. I just ran ABOS and NADA on my truck.

I think I have more money in my couch cushions than they are going to pay for my truck.

I guess I have to brush my teeth and go to the bank...
Ughhhh I hate car payments.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha.... Good luck man. Be glad you're OK. That's what insurance is for. Everyone is bound to have an accident sometime.

Like everyone has said, at least the new F150's are SWEET! Post pics of the new ride. It wont take much to total the old one. I'd probably hope for that.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-20-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
I wrecked my Mustang in February hitting a patch of black ice and hopped 2 curbs and took out a street sign pole, on Liability Only....pretty much for the same reason of it isnt worth paying the premiums to fix it and they would total it. Had it towed away due to 2 flat tires and a busted rim. $1300 of body damage and 2 days later taking it back because the LR axle was bent. I think I have put more than the car is worth into it now. Insurance would have totalled it too...it loses value quick nowadays. At least you both werent hurt and you are able to walk away and look at another vehicle.
Oh, and of course didnt report it to insurance because they wouldnt pay anything and just raise my rates, the city wanted to charge me for a street pole. Over $400!! I worked out a trade with them and gave them another street pole and we called it even

At least you both werent hurt and you are able to walk away and look at another vehicle, thats what matters most. Best of luck to ya on choosing a vehicle
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-20-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Maybe you should get one with a Hands Free Cell Phone Device.

Glad eveyone is ok.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
At least everyone is okay. Sometimes insurance companies will shock you with what they pay out (in a good way). My buddy totaled my 99 camry with 175k miles on it in January and insurance gave me $6300 for it AFTER they took out my deductible. So I wouldn't stress too much about the payout until they start crunching numbers and make you an offer.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-20-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
baitkiller,

Sorry to hear it. It happens. That's why we call it an accident. You're record doesn't suggest that you're a driver who deserves this sh*&. So, again, sorry for your loss and hassle. And glad you both are OK. Robert's right, they make new trucks everyday, and it may just be time to treat yourself. New ones get better mileage, some shut off 4 cylinders on the freeway...

I can absolutely sympathize with your situation. I too have a good record and havent had a ticket in 20 years. Backed out of my garage in a hurry 6 months ago and backed right into a Chev Equinox with my Dodge 1500. Wiped out the front of the Chev, they come apart pretty easy. Felt absolutely horrible, scared the poor woman to death (not literally). Truck had a small ding in the tg and bumper folded in 1/2" - easily fixed. So, again, it happens - we feel terrible when it's our fault and we make it right for those we've hurt. Give thanks that everyone's OK and go get a new truck :-)
Old    ScottRobinson            05-20-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
I am a STATE FARM AGENT. You should be with us. That lizard is just that, a lizard! =) State Farm is where you should look, hope they treat you ok over that that "other" insurance carrier. Good Luck!
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-20-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Forget about the truck and payments...That wreck could have been much worse. You are actually very, very lucky.

Check out this recent local to me story:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...=2010100515019

I am glad to hear everyone in your accident is OK.

Last edited by ship_of_fools; 05-20-2010 at 4:13 PM.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-20-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Yep, that puts everything in perspective real quick... ugh
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-20-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
I am a STATE FARM AGENT. You should be with us. That lizard is just that, a lizard! =) State Farm is where you should look, hope they treat you ok over that that "other" insurance carrier. Good Luck!
Amen, Scott. State Farm is a first class insurance company. I have been with SF for 20 years and they really shine when you have a claim. Rates are super competitive too... they just get better the longer you are with them.

To the OP... sorry, brother. It happens. I'm glad you are okay.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-21-2010, 5:21 AM Reply   
Don't worry Ricky Bobby. You'll be back in no time at all. Hopefully you didn't strip down to your underwear after the accident and run around pretending to be on fire.
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-21-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
My wife wrecked her car last Tuesday night--her fourth accident in 6 months!! As brilliant as I am, we got her a new Lexus his time. lol Can't wait to se my insurance rates now with the same green lizard!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-21-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Scott - Didn't know there were any other State Farm people on here, just sent you an e-mail
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
Well a good nights sleep produced a very stiff neck and a sore wrist. Off to the doc at 1:30.

I looked at CL for trucks last night and...... wow! there are a bunch of trucks for sale for allot less than lot prices. I figure I can take the 37 cents I get from the lizard and stack a few K on top and get a decent tow mule without taking on any real debt.

I have done a bunch of claims work for State Farm Marine and they seemed fair to work with.

Hey Scott! I need the new contact for the marine claims dept. head. I'm putting together a new hurricane CAT team and need to update their files on me.
Thanks.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-21-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
6.2l RAPTOR Glad you are ok. My dad had a similar incident ten years back. took out a subburban with our expy. Got a diesel ensted of another expy. He has never looked back.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-21-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Bait, ask Darin, he is IN state farm claims. I am an Agent, but Darin can hook you up with someone to talk to at State Farm. Wish you were closer, I would have you as a client and get you out from the damn green queer lizard!!
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Definitely check out the Raptor. I'm hoping it will be my next truck. Cant go wrong in a truck like that.
http://www.fordpic.com/Ford/2009/09/...20081104_l.jpg
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Much rather walk away from a wreck and than get a ride in a ambulance. count yourself lucky.

can one of you state farm guys help me out then? just repainted my truck and everything in february, and a guy crossed center line to do like a 270 turn in to a slanted parking spot while i was backing out and hit my bumper. bent it in, pushed it against the fender and what not. Cop gave the other guy a ticket, and explained to me that it was 100% his fault. Those parking spots are slanted to keep people from taking left hand turns like that and stopping traffic. but SF says they arent paying for my truck and are tryin to go against my insurance to pay for the other guys truck..... its ridiculous. sorry for the hijack.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-24-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
+1 on Raptor. Sickest truck on the market IMO
Old     (dellagucci)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-24-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
at least the boat wasn't hitched!

Last edited by dellagucci; 05-24-2010 at 8:35 AM. Reason: spell
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
State Farm, Really?

In my experience, SF is dirty and underhanded, just like the others. Plus SF does not handle claims very timely. No insurance company is structured to pay out. They are structured to be paid. Don't lett the "good hands, "do what's right", "like a neighbor". the bottom line they will do what they legally can o keep money in their pocket.

Wanna know how a claim is gonna go, as a claims person behind close doors, not an agent. They sell don't pay.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
Still waiting for the lizard.

Friday: "I'll be there around 3:00" nothing.
Saturday: "Got delayed Friday, girl at the yard is sick, gate is locked... be there Monday"
Monday: "Wrapped up with appointments this morning, be there after lunch"
5:25 PM Monday: Nothing heard......

I'll be sure to accept his first offer!~ Not!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-24-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Just used the Lizard last week. Wife wrecked Mon and car was fixed by the weekend, top notch in my eyes!
Old     (turtlesdove3)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-03-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Still waiting for the lizard.

Friday: "I'll be there around 3:00" nothing.
Saturday: "Got delayed Friday, girl at the yard is sick, gate is locked... be there Monday"
Monday: "Wrapped up with appointments this morning, be there after lunch"
5:25 PM Monday: Nothing heard......

I'll be sure to accept his first offer!~ Not!
It was not bad and you're safe means things are going to be better. Cheer up!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-03-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
Jeff.....Really......You obviously have never had any experience in a State Farm claims environment. Walk in the door on DAY 1 and they tell you your job is to do whatever we can to find coverage and pay what we owe as fast as possible. I'd much rather pay a claim than deny one any day.
Bait - I'm in NE, so probably not much help for getting contact info for you, but our boat team sits right beside me!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-03-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-03-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Baitkiller... If your in the market for a new truck, I'd gladly give you a x-plan (employee pricing) PIN # just send me a PM. It's nice to go into the dealership and not have to haggle with the reps!

Just hoping you stick with the Blue Oval....

P.S. I've had one auto and one boat claim with State Farm, they took care of their work as fast as humanly possible. Never had a claim with any other ins. to compare to though.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-04-2010, 4:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymatt View Post
Baitkiller... If your in the market for a new truck, I'd gladly give you a x-plan (employee pricing) PIN # just send me a PM. It's nice to go into the dealership and not have to haggle with the reps!

Just hoping you stick with the Blue Oval....

P.S. I've had one auto and one boat claim with State Farm, they took care of their work as fast as humanly possible. Never had a claim with any other ins. to compare to though.
Thank you Matt for your generous offer. And yes I will be buying another Ford. However I will not be buying a new one.
I had just over 200K on my '97 when I smashed it up.
I am looking for a 2000-2004 F150 four door in white or black for, of course at a very good price. Don't really need four wheel drive and is not a priority.

Thanks everybody for the support. I found the perfect truck in the wrong color (green) locally. 2001 four door 4x4 94K miles for just under 10K. Super clean with factory maintenance records. I might get it when I get back from the Keys. Ill try to haggle it down a little more.