Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Throw up some pix when you guys are done...I still need to get my boat out. I just have so much going on right now, I haven't had the time. Once I get caught up, it's on like donkey kong
Old     (kyle_alberts)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
nice nice, thats what i like to hear! im excited for you guys. i mean, we skinned it today, the water down here in florida is a staggering 78 degrees. no big deal. haha! Shawn. June 3rd ill be swinging through for about a month! You should go to the texas stop and hang out!
Old     (hyperboarder05)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-06-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Kyle are you going to be at the pro stop in Minnesota? Jesse and Me already have our tickets bought and plans made to be at that one. i'm really looking forward to it.
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-07-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Hey Kyle, what's up? Ya, the water was nice Monday afternoon/night. Got on the water about 2:30 and it was glass. Maybe we can squeak a set out before I leave for the Ozarks that weekend. We leave Thursday June 5th untill that Sunday the 8th. But I am game to get some riding done after that as well!
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-07-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
Yea im really looking forward to that pro tour event in MN. First one that i have been to!!!!
Old     (jrlwisco)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-07-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
I'm gettin' antsy to get out! How's the water in Nebraska? Still need a wetsuit to survive the Wisconsin waters, but I'm hoping to be able to trunk it in Nebraska around May 19th.

You all should also check out www.midwestwakeboarder.com. It's a nice community of midwest riders that hook each other up with pulls and advice. The Nebraska Pull section is pretty lonely.

Also, has anyone checked out the Omaha Marine Center's Pro Shop?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-07-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
I was in Omaha marine's pro shop the other day, they have a pretty good variety, especially for NE. Yesterday at Beaver the water was 62, so right now, wetsuits are your option, it just depends on the air temp and how much you plan on being in the water!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-07-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Omaha Marine's wack, get better deals and support your local pro-shop.

WAKE N SKATE BOARDHOUSE, OMAHA NE.
www.wnsboardhouse.com
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
I got the boat out today so we could clean it up and put the tower back up. Here are my little helpers. The two on the outside are mine and the middle one is a neighbor friend.

Upload
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Here is a picture of the tower before we put it back up...THAT MOTHER is heavy. Had to get the neighbor kids to help me lift it up. I guess they are not really kids, they are in college...I just call them kids because they are more then 15 years younger then me...

Upload
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
I guess your not supposed to leave the boat unattached and parked on the street???

I think I am going to try and get in the water for a lake test tomorrow
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
I guess your not supposed to leave the boat unattached and parked on the street???

Upload

I think I am going to try and get in the water for a lake test tomorrow
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-08-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, hit me up when you're heading out, that thing looks sick!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-08-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
As luck would have it, I forgot to take my rope with me today, so I didn't even get in the water. I love my boat, maybe it is a good thing that I help onto it this year. Darin, I will let you know when I head back out again. My main reason for going out today was to blow the cobwebs out it.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
well at least you got to get out on the water right? :-)
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Jesse, I think we're heading out monday weather permitting. I'll give you a call

Boardcrazy, hopefully the cops didnt's put too much of a dent in your fuel fund before ever gettin on the water
Old     (mike_nielsen_omaha_marine_center)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
NOW! Jake lets play nice, Nick at WNS has some kicking apparel but when it comes to the selection of wakeboards/ropes and gear OMC has got everyone in NE by the you know what. Jake are you going to come down to beaver and ride this year or not (calling ya out)HA HA its all in good fun. Lets get a drink some time.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Haha, I was waiting for you to come out and say something about that comment! Haha, you know I'm just playin, all in good fun is right. For sure man I'd love to get down to beave sometime this summer, what are you gona have out there? supra or nautique?
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-09-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Jesse, it was good to get on the water, even though I wasn't able to get in. I have all my stuff packed away right now, so I just forgot to get the rope out. I also forgot to bring a towel, so it would have been cold after I got out. No towel wouldn't have stopped me from getting in though.

Darin, it was a buddy of mine that was stopping by to give me a hard time. Thank god, because you know it's going to be tight this year with gas the way it is...I am itching to get out. I need to put in the extra ballast sacs that I have while the weather is crappy...
Old     (mike_nielsen_omaha_marine_center)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
will be sporting a supra 22v world's with the wet sounds screaming on the lake.
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-09-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Mike, that sounds like a stereo challange.
Old     (mike_nielsen_omaha_marine_center)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
OK u win your red LEDs put u over the top
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
alright mike, you twisted my arm enough..but seriously i'll def. hit you up for a ride this summer buddy, catch up on some old times right?

and shawn, you two keep it clean!

also to shawn,
any open invites for a ride on the x-star as well???
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey Darrin i Wont be be able to make it out tonight to meet up with you guys. Dont give up on my yet though i wanna get out with you guys! Sorry Man
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-12-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Too bad it's so windy...I am going crazy because I haven't been able to get any boarding in yet.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-12-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
It's cool Jesse, due to the wind we had a really short run of things and I killed myself on a few falls, so we weren't out long. Don't worry, we'll get you out there. Have you checked into Omaha Marine's riders club? $25 an you get to ride twice at each of their sessions. You can't buy gas for that. If you have questions, hit me up.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-13-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Darin, I need to check with the wife, but I want to try and make it out tomorrow. If you're not doing anything you should try make it out with us. Just PM me your cell and I will call you if go...
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-13-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Darin, actually, I talked with my wife and she says Friday works better. The plan for now is Friday...
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-13-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Darin, if you want to help out with getting a couple things ready for the summer, I might need a hand. I want to install the ballast system upgrade I have from Fly High and I also have a pair of Wetsounds 485s that just arrived at Nebraska Watersports. If I get time over the next couple of days I am going to work on these projects...
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-13-2008, 11:32 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, Thanks for the plug..I just got an all black X-2 with black decals, I'm thinking about installing a set of black 485's on it...Should be bad !!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-14-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
Sounds good. I have to work till 7 today and friday, but should be up for helping. Do you think you'll be out this weekend at all?
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-14-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Darin, you can try my cell when you get off work, 310-4148. I am heading back out to the boat right now after dropping off the kids. I didn't get much done with them there. I have to work this weekend, but if next weekend is nice I will be out.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-14-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Eric, can you tell me which one of the hoses up front will be the one I use for venting the Fly High Ballast? There are two up there and I am not sure which one I should tie into. I think I can tell which one it is, but I don't wont to tie into the wrong one.

I will try and pick up those Wetsounds speakers tomorrow or Friday if I get a chance. Otherwise, it most likely wont be until tomorrow. I can't wait to get those badboys on and fired up
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-14-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, Sorry, work kept me lateer than I expected tonight. I'm oging to be installing cabinets tomorrow, so if you still need help friday, let me know!
Old     (jrlwisco)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
I'll be in Omaha for the summer starting this Saturday. So if you need another hand helping around the boat or cleaning, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-15-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I am going to finish up with the Fly High System this morning and then try and pick up my Westsounds Speakers this afternoon. The Fly High system is really easy to do, it's just that I was a little slow sense it was the first time. Hopefully I can work on my speakers some today too...
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-15-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
boardcrazy,
You can tap into both sides for the vent hose. As long as you have those check valves on each one, you will be good. The STBD side has both the rear and kgb vent lines next to each other, and the port side has just the rear vent line. Check my install out for reference. Always helps to see a picture of it.
http://www.lockituponline.com/08-x-star-fly-high/index.htm
Port Side Front
Upload
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-16-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Shawn...I ended up just pulling the cover off the front tank so I could see which hose it was. I took it out for a lake test yesterday and all the tanks filled nicely. I couldn't get one of them to empty though. I ended up unattaching the hose and letting it drain out on it's own. After I got home I remembered that those empellers can get stuck one way in the pump sometimes. Hopefully that is the case. I am going to buy an extra one for a back up so I don't have to sit and wait for it to drain in the future...

Darin, call me today if you get a chance. I might need to do another lake test later today to see if that pump work correctly and I don't have anyone to go out with me right now. If everything works we can even get some riding in...

Jon, just call if you plan to be in Lincoln. If we are riding, you would be welcome to go with us...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-16-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy,
Thanks for the pull tonight. It was great. We'll definately have to do it again!I'll ckeck into your pumps and let you know...
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Darin, it was nice to finally get on the water. I would ride everyday if I could. Come out anytime, you are welcome to ride with us whenever...
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
I finally got out on the water for the first time this year today... Man it feels good to be back out there!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-18-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
The new Malibu is officially in the water and has EXCEEDED all expectations. The wake is macking- 3 sets today and my knees are throbbing!!! Man it sucks getting old!!! Glad to hear everyone's out on the water already. Looking forward to seeing you all out!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-19-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, I'll be swinging through Omaha on Wed, do you want me to pick up that pump for you? Then you could just swing over and pick it up when I get home.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-20-2008, 1:01 AM Reply   
Darin, that would be awesome. Can I drop off some impellers to you before you go? I need to return them...

Ronnie, that X2 you used to have threw a huge wake. I shelled one of my knees during a tournament behind that boat and needed to have reconstructive surgery. Killed a Hoochie behind that same boat in the same tournament.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Yeah, Give me a call tonight, I should be out and about running errands 366-1380
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-20-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Yeah, it was big. Loved it. This one... even bigger, if you thought that could be!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-20-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see it
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-22-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Ronnie, do you still have that barefoot boom? If so, do you think I could use/rent it from you. I want to teach my son to wakeboard this summer and thought it would be a good tool to use after I seen you use it with your daughter in a video you have out.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-22-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
that was Casey's boat and boom. Pretty sure he still has it
Old     (mike_nielsen_omaha_marine_center)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Ok NE rider's the first OMC Rider's club ride is Thursday May 29th at Beaver Lake, if you are not signed up and wont to ride call me at 339-9600 and get it done only $25.00. Riding starts at 4pm till dark. We will be riding behind a Supra 22ssv Worlds edition. Call if you have any questions.Upload
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Man that sucks, I have to move that day!
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-30-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
anyone planning on being out this weekend? We will be in fremont camping all weekend. Im REALLY looking forward to it!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-30-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
Should be out at Woodcliffe, supposed to be great weather, can't wait!
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-30-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
80's ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-30-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I get the joy of working until 1pm on saturday but after that is blue stem all day. Can't wait!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-30-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
Just woke up from a nap, because that's what old people do. Pawnee is calling my name...I am on my way out the door.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-30-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, the great thing about being a claim's adjuster is I get to work all weekend after these huge storms....
Boardcrazy, how's the new pump working?
Old     (kyle_alberts)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Shawn, It better be warming up there. Be back Sunday night. we should try and ride sometime this week...hope everyone is skinning it by now, cause i left the wetsuit in florida. oh yea, its deathly hot here in Texas, sucks!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Pumps working great, but I thing the other two went out on me this weekend...that sucks...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Do you need me to swing through omaha again? if so, I could arrange it pretty easily...
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
I will give you a call a little later and see if it works out..I don't want to have you going out of your way...
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-31-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
Rode behind a VLX for the first time today... WOW. I was riding with just the wedge down and no ballast, and it was still completely unreal. Cant wait to get out behind it again!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-01-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, it wouldn't be that far out of my way if I'm heading to Beaver anyway. Either way, let me know, I just hope you figure out why they keep going out...

Are you headed out at all this coming week?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-02-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Jesse,
I ended up having a pretty long/crazy weekend, and it sucked cause woodcliffe is all no wake right now, and probably will be for awhile. Anyway, just wondered if you were still interested in getting pics of my premier, let me know, ill get some tonight and post em up.
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-02-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Jake,
Just found out this morning that Woodcliff has been moved to no wake, due to the water level. Sucks! Feel free to hit me up if you want to head out to the Beaver. We are about 3 inches high at the moment, thanks to a great damn/spillway set-up. Traffic has been pretty light out there as well, must be the gas prices! It has been a long time since we have been able to ride on a Saturday morning untill 10:30am on good water.
Late,
Shawn
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-02-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Shawn,
I'll be calling you this weekend, Skye and I would love to come down for a ride and see Kim/the kids. It's been too long!!! Hows the new star treatin ya? I'm sure its faaaaaantastic!!
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-02-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
Boardcrazy, Did you get my message on Saturday? I have several pumps if you them, let me know ??
How do the WetSounds sound ??
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-03-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
Eric, I got your message and I left you a voice mail. I must have screwed that up. I took today off so I could get some stuff done on the boat. I am going to check the impellers first to make sure that is not the problem. I will let you know what I need.

As for the the Wetsounds, you probably wont believe this, but I haven't even got them out of the boxes yet. I have been too busy...but I plan to get them on today too. If I have enough time that is...I will definetly shoot you some pictures when I get it done. I think the boat is going to look awesome and I can't wait to hear them after what everyone else has to say about them.

Did you get yours on yet???

Shoot me the numbers on the 35s and I will call you after I get them. Talk to you soon...
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-03-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Just put the westsounds 485s on the boat today and HOLY MOTHER MARY OF JESUS those things are sweet. Couldn't be happier with the way they sound. One side looks a little janky because I had to do some finagling to get them on, but it's only because I got one pair of brackets for both sets of speaker. Once I get the other brackets I should be set to go. I will get some pictures the next time I go out so I can post them...
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
Kenny, Do you want me to call and order another set for you ?
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
Darin, weather didn't really cooperate with us this week on my days off so hopefully next week will be a little better. I will let you know if we go out.

If you could let me know the next time you will be in Omaha I need another pump.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Sounds good, I'm not sure when that will be yet, but I'll definately let you know!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-12-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
Anyone else hitting up Riders Club tonight?

Kenny - I'll be in O town this weekend, still need me to pick stuff up?
Old    jahgs06            06-12-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Mike, Thank you very much for the great time at the Riders Club. Gavin and I had a BLAST!!!!!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Great time last night! Pretty good showing too! I was glad to see so many people out and meet some new people, looking forward to next time!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Darin, I think I am good for now. We need to get out again, I would like to ride your roam...or should I say your gf's roam...either way, I would like to see how that rides. Talk to you later.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
We definately will get back out there. It is my Roam, but had her bindings on it, she's scared to ride that thing!
Old     (mike_nielsen_omaha_marine_center)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-14-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanks to everyone who came out to ride, looking forward to next time. June 26, 3pm ginger cove.Upload
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-16-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
I'm lookin forward to being there, Mike.

For those that haven't heard... the info is out for The 2nd Annual Picnic July 11-12. Hope to see you all there... Kenny- come outta retirement!!!

Upload
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-16-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Upload