Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (killrickykill)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-21-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Looking for board suggestions; I am 6'3" and about 160lbs. I want something that floats well and has good speed but also is pretty stable, I lean more toward surf style but I do wanna be able to have the capacity to whip it around as I please. I would like suggestions on the best thing available, with no regard to cost!!

Thanks
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2014, 2:14 PM Reply   
Best thing available with no regard to cost will be custom. Your weight puts you into many board models/style, but your height may make some of the smaller (shorter) sizes less than optimal. Of the typical shapes out there you will want to look at the 4'6" to 4'10" range. There are lots of good custom manufacturers out there.
Old     (killrickykill)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-21-2014, 2:23 PM Reply   
Good point, let me rephrase then and say, best thing available with no regard to cost that is not custom since I am impatient and want to ride this new board this season ASAP. However with that said thank you for the suggestion and if you have a suggestion for a custom shop then maybe a board for next season also?
Old     (Smooky)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 12:47 AM Reply   
For next season, try to contact Jeff at Soulcraft.

I bet he will create the perfect board for you
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-22-2014, 6:46 AM Reply   
There are tons of board manufactures that someone will swear by. It's best to demo some local companies boards and see what you like best. Where are you located and we can suggest some local shops.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-22-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
^^^ What he said. I could give you a long list of boards to try, and generally these forums are full of people that are looking to push a brand, but you will want to look around a bit. I am partial to my boards, but have little reason to push my stuff down peoples throats.

Brands to look at that produce higher end Surf-Style boards:

Known Brands with many years of experience:
Chaos/Shred Stixx
Inland Surfer
Walker

Up and coming brands: Short List
Soul Craft
Doomswell
Idol

Wakeboard brands: This is a tough one, most wakeboard brands do not produce real surf style boards, and really only LF produces any decent higher performance boards:
Liquid Force

Chaos/Shred Stixx USA; Walker, Soul Craft and Doomswell can produce custom boards. Chaos and Soul have the largest following and produce the majority of custom boards out there. Walker has been around for many years and at one time owned a large portion of the custom market.