Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Mav)      Join Date: May 2014       05-11-2014, 9:50 PM Reply   
I am looking for a list of private ski/ wakeboard lakes in colorado. Anyone know where to find one?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-12-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
Call Tommy's
Old     (Mav)      Join Date: May 2014       05-12-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
Don't they have info only on "their" lakes?

I know of Windsor shores up north, use to be a timnath ski club before it was shut down. And I have heard of a few in greeley. I will give Tommy's a shot though
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-12-2014, 6:39 PM Reply   
empire (biggest private lake in CO), stanley, sloans, hidden lake (residential). those are the big ones around denver, there are quite a few up north around longmont/loveland/ft collins, dont know the names of them tho...
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-13-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Windsor is full. Not sure about Empire. There are some really crappy ones available but not worth it. Hidden lake you have to own a home there. A 3,000 sq ft split level still looking like the 80's went for 800k, shoreside though. We looked at a 2,000 sq ft home a few blocks from the lake, gets you access to the lake but not worth the 300k price, needed way more updating, windows, etc then it was worth.
Old     (Mav)      Join Date: May 2014       05-14-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have looked into hidden lake before. That would be awesome but wat expensive
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
Empire is nice for about half the summer, then it's dry. Up North there are some, but all in all colorado isn't a real good private lake state. Standley is semi private, has some rules that can be rough. Plus it's hard to get a pass as a non resident, at least it was and is getting back to that.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-21-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Call me naïve but why private lake? Are there no public lakes to go to around the area? Never been to the area but may need to go because of work so this is a curious topic for me. Can you not just drop in a lake like everywhere else in the country?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-21-2014, 8:50 PM Reply   
That's the point....just like everybody else in the country. Seriously, most over-crowded lakes I have ever been on. As much as I hated living in Louisiana, the endless all day flat water was to die for.

I really like lake granby. Great water, small crowds and flat out beautiful. It is a little chilly though and 8600 feet does nothing for power
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^this. It gets stupid busy around here on weekends & is very hard to get away from crowds.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-23-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Pretty much what Bakes and Jack are saying... sometimes its just stressful to be out, especially if your pulling new people or have a somewhat inexperienced driver. There are quite a few boats on the water that the owners don't have much clue as to whats going on or boating laws and code. But you can get good water early in the morning or weekdays. But water is cold until July.