Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Do you like your boots loose or tight.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
I like loose. I like to avoid the violent smacks.

We still riding this weekend? Let me know when and where. I have a 140 Marius if you want to try the bigger version.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
haha J-rod one of the guys i ride with also just got the 140 Marius. As for this weekend I will know more in the middle of the week. I got cought up in the rope this weekend it wrapped around my bindings and ripped off my board. it even ripped the draw string off the bindings. My foot is tender it hurts to put a shoe on. It could of been alot worse if I had bindings on like I used to ware real tight bindings. I was scary I was getting dragged backwards till the board came off.
Old    wickedwake            06-06-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
I like mine on the loose side of snug. I dont want to be ejecting all the time but when I need to I want to be able to come out of them.

What were you trying when you got tangled up? Getting the rope wrapped around me has always been in the back of my mind, just never heard of it happening until now.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
yikes! That sounds wild. Luckily the rope didn't wrap around your foot.

Let me know. I can line up other rides if i need to.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Clay I was just trying to dial back my ts 540. They said some how I just got a bunch of slack. Clay I have also had my arm go threw the handle on a blind 180 and it got stuck on my forearm. I still have problems from that. All we can to is heal up and get back out there. J-rod will do.
Old    wickedwake            06-06-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
OUCH
Old    alanp            06-06-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
same here squid shoulder is still messed up from getting my arm caught in the rope on a 3 this spring. hurt like a mother. oh yeah super tight boots suck
Old    eddy            06-06-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
For you guys who like to ride loose, or prefer to come out to avoid the big edge crashes. Beware. If you come out of both bindings you're lucky. For those of you who have ever had an in and out crash, I'm sure you can understand why it is statistically the worst crash in wakeboarding. Crashing with one foot in and one out of your binding typically results in a compression/rotation injury to the knee of the leg still in the binding. That means lots of torn acl's mcl's pcl's and menisci. If you were to ask the many pros who have had some knee "remodeling" done during their careers, the majority will point to the classic "in n out" as the reason. Having had at least two concussions from many many edge crashes( usually from spinning) and knee reconstruction from an in n out on a heelside back roll, I pick an edge crash any day of the week. That's why I lace em up tight. Just one mans opinion.
Old    premierrider04            06-07-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'd agree with what everybody's saying here. I like 'em to be loose enough to come out of in the harsh edge wrecks. I just bought the 2005 murrays and i've had a couple nasty spills already because they are a little tighter with the B.O.A. system and all. I love em though. They're so comfortable.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-07-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Tight, just as Monk and his crew, Walt and Sean. We had fun peeling my M Ultras off in the boat after I blew out my hardwear.
Old    walt            06-08-2005, 4:50 AM Reply   
Jeffrey, Don't get me started on your bindings.
Old    patrick3ds            06-08-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
I LIKE THEM TIGHT. IF THEY R LOOSE MY FEET SLIDE.I HAVE THE BOA SYSTEM ON MY TEMETS AND I CRANK THEM BABYS DOWN.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-08-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
When I first got my new Transits, I snugged them down real tight. These were my first lace up bindings. I did a w2w jump, caught the front edge, and did the hardest faceplant I have ever done. Just about got knocked out. The problem was that I did not come out of either binding since they were so tight. I go yanked in the process, and ended up tearing an abdominal muscle. As you can see in the pic, it was not a good time!! I keep them somewhat snug now, but loose enough so that I come out when I need to.

Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       06-08-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
im a beliver in NICE 2005 PSR1 bindings..cant help plug what a great product they are..they are snug no heal movment and they pop right off in a crash