Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            06-08-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
Going up for the 4th and wanted to know where everyone party's on the water during the day. We will be staying on West shore.

Anyone have some cool places we should go? Things to avoid ect, Thanks
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-08-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Grant
I hear the Rangers can be rough up there, don't care for the wake boats and music that comes with them. Just be cool around the marinas and I would think you would be ok.
Old    whitechocolate            06-08-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
The place will be staying is near or in Chambers Landing, I have been told Zepher Cove is a cool place.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-08-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Please don't tell the ranger to FO,then cry about how they dropped yur ass off in the middle of nowhere,when you go.

Thank You..

The Management.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-08-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
Grant,
we'll have the SAN at our place on Donner Lake that weekend. I'm sure we'll spend some time in Tahoe city at some of our favorite spots but doubt we'll drag the boat over to the "big" lake. The again, maybe to garwoods, jakes, or sunsine for the nice docks...
Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-08-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
We go up there every year and make sure to hit Chambers, Sunnyside, Garwoods for some "Wet Woodies" and the Pier at Hyatt- Incline Village (http://laketahoe.hyatt.com/property/hotelinfo/dining/lounges_info.jhtml?id=2&ssnav=1). All of these are accessible by boat...have fun, it's awesome up there.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
Chambers is really fun on the west shore. 4th of July up here is great, it goes off. The best time though is floating the Truckee river on the 4th. Be careful out on the lake it gets really crazy busy. I usually keep my boat out of the water until after the weekend when everyone goes home.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Zephyr gets packed on the beach if the weather is warm. It is a little bit of a haul to go from west shore over there though. if the water is nice, which it probably wont be it would be easier. look out for for the baja's and cigar boats
Old     (savvysavannah)      Join Date: May 2005       06-10-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Camp Richardson, on the S. shore, Ski beach, just before Emerald Bay, big party.
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
Grant,

Be super careful on the water up there. The weather can change in a heartbeat and dealing with 3ft swells in a wake boat is no fun. We will be in Truckee through the 6th, then we have to go to south shore to spend the rest of the week.

-jw
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-14-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Grant
I see, bail on me as a 3rd and run to Tahoe

Been up to Tahoe a couple of times. When it is calm the lake is great, boat into Emerald Bay for some nice views and hang out. We hit Zepher cove and Garwood's and stopped off at the Hyatt for a good time.

If the lake is choppy which it may be, it is pretty rough out there 2-3 ft swells, not the greatest wakeboard lake.

If you are wakeboarding, you have to hit it early.

Have a great time.
Old    whitechocolate            06-14-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
Frrm what everyones saying it sounds like If you stay close to the shore line and dont try to make a mid lake crossing we should be ok.

I keep hearing nightmare storys of 3 foot swells and freakish storms that come out of no where that will sink my belovid Bling, I just wanted to go have a good time over 4th, It sounds more like the Bermuta Triangle than a nice lake LOL

Ill keep my eye's pealed for what everyones talking about
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-14-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Definitely don't leave the Bling on the lake over night. I was at the Cope & Mcphetres in Tahoe City a few days ago and they were holding a few MCs that had sunk and been totaled. Nothing like seeing a $120k X-80 that has been smashed to hell.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-14-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Freakish storms that aren't preceded by a Lake Wind Advisory are pretty rare. Check weather channel, a must in Tahoe, at night and in morning and you should be fine. It will be pretty boat choppy, though. Cobalts = good. Ski boats under 23 ft = bad.

That being said, local papers had pics of people surfing on waves in Tahoe from last Sunday. Sunday, the day of Pro Tour Finals in Reno, happened to be windy and was predicted by weather people, though.

Scott, what's up? Nice Boca shot in your profile. Its windy down here in Reno. We still on for tonight?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-14-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
yeah, definitely gonna try it out. See you at the ramp around 6.
Old    lithium            06-14-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
Grant, Tahoe is sweet on the 4th, but can get pretty crazy. Definitely stay closer to the shoreline because it can get really rough. The lake is gorgeous, you won't be disappointed. As far as partying, Sunnyside near Tahoe city is great on the 4th, good food, great scene. Watching the fireworks from the water on the 4th is a definite must, but you have to be really careful, tons of boats on the water and a lot of crazies with big boats going really fast. We always launch from Lake Forest Boat ramp next to the coast guard station near Tahoe City. The ramp is nice and is well lit which is key to finding the marina after the fireworks show. Hope this info was helpful.