Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
What is everyone's favorite video and why?
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-08-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
Shafted everyone is in it and the shots and angles are rad
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Detention—Great video for anyone wanting to improve.
Old    corey_marotta            08-08-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
HIT IT

Best Byerly Section
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-08-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
1. 12 Honkeys: perfect pairing of riding & music, and it's super entertaining.
2. Hype: like 12 Honkeys, a great pairing of riding & music, and Parks in Idaho is just sooo smooth.
3. All or Nothing: killer riding, avant-garde music selection and short and to the point.

Honorable Mention: Detention vol.1 This is the video that got me into wakeboarding and I could probably recite the dialog verbatim.
Old    smellyt            08-08-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
shaft-----Awsome video
Natural born thillaz-----Hella tight
All or Nothing-------gotta love it
Boombox-------super sick
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-08-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
All or Nothing is whack.

Natural Born Thrillaz the Special Edition on DVD is well worth the money. I actually won mine on this site.

BOOMBOX is also a must have.

I thoroughly enjoyed Free4All also. Nice long riding segments.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
I just think Metronome is great. Great riding. great music. great editing.
and also High wake drifters is one of my fav's
Old     (degraafics)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-11-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
I just saw Scrubs of the South last night and that has too be by far the best wakeboarding video I've ever seen, and I've seen everyone that has been mentioned so far.
It's some of the best riding I've seen and has none of the crap like people in chicken outfits driving cadies around or people pretending to be the mod squad. It's all riding and I've never seen a video so well sync'd with the music.
I'd give it 5 props on the 1-5 prop scale.

This is where you can get it or at least check out the trailer, you'll see what I'm talking about:
http://www.swispro.com/home.htm
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
Dedicated is probably my favorite, great music, unbelievable scenery and just an all around good wakeboarding film. My Side and Invisible Cinema are tight also. Invisible Cinema, although a little short, is one of the more creative efforts I've ever seen.

(Message edited by ripr on August 11, 2003)
Old    mike480            08-12-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Metronome is awsome-- the editing, the music, the riding-- and it uses FILM, not like some of these all-digital flicks.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-12-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Expression session - back to the roots of wakeboarding. Shiparo riding behind a helicopter. Ok, maybe not the best riding ever but its fun to watch.
Old    tfdhyprider            08-12-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
its between scrubs of the south and F4A those are both sick
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       08-12-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Natural Born Thrillaz --- Randall Harris

Hit It --- The original. Byerlys section is still one of the best ever.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-12-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
someone please please please tell me that christian degraaf is not doggin' on 12 HONKEYS....that is one of the most single entertaining wakeboarding videos ever made.

"COME HERE YOU FRICKIN' CHICKEN!!"