Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Leafsfan)      Join Date: Mar 2015       03-17-2015, 2:44 PM Reply   
Looking for some insight as we've narrowed the search down to 2 boats. The 247 has 160+ hours. The Enzo is a demo with just a few hours and and a full 5 year warranty. The Enzo is about $9000 more. The boat will be used primarily for wake surfing and wake boarding. We have a large family so space is critical.

I understand the "fit and finish" in the wakesetter will be better - as well as the resale value. We like some of the features in the Centurion and everywhere I look I read about the Enzo having the largest wave.

Thank you for your input.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-17-2015, 3:29 PM Reply   
You really need to suck it up and at least buy a 2012 with surfgate if you have a large family. Some on here hate surfgate but it serves a purpose. I personally like it a lot. With the needs from a large family, you would think it is worth it in the end.

As for the Centurion, you know what you get. I swear I have read the 230's surf better that the 244's. You can't beat the wave. You will have to list the boat which takes time switching sides.

Have you looked into the Axis A24 or T23. Both new should meet you budget expectations and are great boats for large families. I think they are rated at 17 people for capacity. Depending on state laws, you can fit more on there if you have the life vest.
Old     (keithwallaz)      Join Date: May 2013       03-17-2015, 6:16 PM Reply   
So I own the 2011 247 LSV and I love the surf wake on it. I looked at the 244 before I bought my 247 and I just couldn't get comfortable with their interior. I felt like the back seat was real shallow and it really wasn't comfortable. In the end, I chose to go with the Malibu and I don't regret the decision one bit. I would like to have Surfgate and my next boat will, but out of those choices, I would go with the 247.

I ride with anywhere from 12-16 people all the time and we have never felt cramped. I have an extra 1100lbs in the right locker and use 250lbs's in the walk way and bow. The wave is fantastic…. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about the 247….
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-18-2015, 4:38 AM Reply   
Hands down the Enzo is a better wave. With no extra bags laying around. if it is a a 2014 Enzo, install a PnP and you will be able to switch sides very quickly. It takes about 40 seconds to switch! Also, Enzo rides far better in rougher water due to the deep V hull. Although the Malibu can make a great wave, it requires a lot more weight with is more fuel consumption. Plus the wake is a lot mellower, than that of an Enzo.

This pic is from Monday, granted the camera angle, plus the bottom turn is helping make the wake look larger, but you can see the shape. This is a factory wake with only the driver in the boat!

The 5 year warranty is worth its weight also. Get behind them both & drive them through rough water, you will decide after that. See how the boat handles hitting the rough water, tower shake, rattles etc. If you are anywhere near VA, Feel free to come get behind the Enzo!, infact our 2414 244 is for sale, ordering a 2015!!! I will save you a TON of money!
Attached Images