Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-05-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Boyd lake has officially opened for boating today. The courtesy dock is not in place and the water is a chilly 34 degrees.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-05-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Go for it. I'm sure there will be 200 jet skiers out there next time its warm. I stay way clear of that mud hole
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-06-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
I only use it for day trips during the week, or when we don't have time to get to a better lake. I'm probably going out in a week or two just to run the boat a bit.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Some friends went to Horsetooth yesterday (Tuesday) and made some turns. They said the water was 37 deg. I think I can wait a few more weeks besides, can't do much with a torn MCL anyway!!! The North boat launch is open only. Get this.... They did not wear dry suits yesterday!
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Just wanted to find out if any one was heading West for Spring Break to do some boating (HavaZoo,Nevada area?) Hit me up with your plans, and dates you are going to be on Break.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-12-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
Cherry Creek opened up too. Jackson should be open within the week.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine! Hope this keeps up and continues to warm up. We should be in for a great spring.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-19-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
It's definitely getting warmer! Which means....don't forget about the 2008 MileHigh Meet & Greet! www.milehighmeetandgreet.com
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Kraig,
Dude, you are a promoting fool!!! It's a good thing. Are you doing any updates to the boat for this season? More speakers & amps?!!! We need to do a night shoot video in your boat this summer, Bobby Light "dirty girl"! (Rob & Big).
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-20-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
I am going to come out for the meet and greet, it would be cool to meet people out there. I am a coach for a traveling soccer team and we go out there about 10 to 12 times a year. It would be good to hook up with someone to ride. Kraig, should I bring my boat?
Old     (awakeat816)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-22-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
This is kinda off subject for this post, but is there really a cable park outside of Denver??
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-22-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Not that I know of.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-22-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Never heard or seen one. I wish there was. I think Colorado would be a good place for an indoor one if it was possible to build.
Old     (wakeboardinglife)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-23-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
^^ That would be sweet!
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
hey guys. im moving to colorado in june. kinda bummed cuz i wont have a boat. but if any one would be kind to welcome me on their boat that would be great. i would help with gas and getting things ready and helping out afterwards. thanks..
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-23-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
I do know that Steve Jones (from Mile High Wakeboarding) had tossed around the idea about a cable park here in Colorado. We were out on the lake last summer and we had kicked it around. I also agree, that would be ideal! I think it would be a huge hit as big as the sport is getting. Trust me, If I had enough money I would do it!!!
Torey; Congrads on making the move. You are going to love it here. If you ever need a rid and want to head out to the lake just drop us an email. Between all of us in our circle of friends we can help you out. Check out the Mile High Meet & Greet coming up in Denver. It's a great place to meet locals and make some friends. This area is a great scene for boarding and surfing. You are going to love it.
~JJ
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Torey; if you dont mind hanging with a bunch of 40 plus guys, we are usually out most every weekend in Northern CO. Pueblo for Memorial and Labor day weekends. Couple trips to Wyoming too. We do have kids around your age so it's not that bad.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
that would be geat guys i was kinda bummed. didnt know if i would get ne boarding in. but yea i have a boat and i know how it is cleaning it afterwards and gas money. so i would def help chipping in.one of my pet peeves was when people would leave right after and not help out with the cleaning. i dont care hangin with differnt age groups. i get along with everybody.plus it makes it more interesting. yea my brother lives in colorado springs and im making the move there. im pretty excited.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
I don't know were the big boarding lakes are in that area other then Pueblo but there are a few other Denver and Springs people on here that can help you.
So definitely get yourself a State Park pass and hit the Meet and Greet up in May.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-23-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Torey,
I live in N.Colorado (Longmont / Loveland,Fortcollins area). We generally head out to Carter lk.,Boyd lk.(at sunrise) or Horsetooth Rez. We generally get to the lake early and get our boarding / surfing done so we can tie up with friends and relax when the water gets rough. CO.Springs is about an hour from me but you are more than welcome to come up anytime,hang with us and ride. We generally have plenty of room and always have a great time. Check out www.milehighwakeboarding.com that is sorta the local wakeboarding web page, list of events and local scene. The contests are a blast! Have a great Easter. Shoot me your email addy and I will send you some pics from last summer so you know what you are in for!
~JJ
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
yea dude sounds great. an hour isnt bad. the closest lake here is half hour and i only visit it during the spring becuz a powerplant heats it. n the next lake i go to is about a hour and a hlf away. so im use to the drives. my addy is lilmill56@hotmail.com what is urs. we should keep in touch. thanks
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-23-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
Torey,
Sent you and email.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Torrey, as Bill suggested, there are quite a few of us that ride in the Denver area as well as up north where Jeff is and we also go south quite a bit as well. Checking here on WW is a great place to find pulls for Colorado.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Torey; my e-mail is wts65@comcast.net if you want to grab a ride or just have someone to hang with. Most of our boats are not wake specific but three of us do have towers but no inboards. I have a Sugar Sand Tango, my sister just bought a Yamaha AR230 that we haven't got on the water yet to see what the wake is going to be like, and our other buddy bought a Crownline 240 I/O last year.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
BTW guys, has everyone gotten their tickets for the MileHigh Meet & Greet yet???? Sales are up on the website: www.milehighmeetandgreet.com
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
May is real hectic for me Kraig. I'm still waiting to see how graduations and my work schedule pan out but it's certainly my next main priority. Any new info on the Sloan lake parking lot situation? Do you have any alternatives set up in case?
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
thanks guys. when is the mile high meet and greet. im not moving down until 1st or 2nd week of june.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
Torey- You will miss the Meet & Greet, it's May 10th.

Bill- I understand if you're too busy, but you've got to make it down!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
It all depends on when my niece decides to have her graduation reception. It will either be that weekend or the following weekend. I'm pushing for the following weekend(like my opinion counts) so I only have to miss part of nationals.