Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-23-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
If there are any college wakeboarders/skiers out there: where are you from and what school to do you go to??????
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
University of Florida Wake and Ski club. (mostly wakeboarding here)
Old    smellyt            06-23-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hayward State University (in the fall)
Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-23-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
I go to the University of FLorida...I wakeboard and wakeskate....gonna join the club next year hopefully
Old    buttacup            06-23-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   
Cal State Northridge, planning on joining the team/club this year, but I will have to learn how to ski
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. I'm alumni, but I still help out with the ski days and tournys. Find a college and check it out. It's a great community.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
oh yea, check out this link for a list of clubs and teams:

http://www.usawaterski.com/pages/divisions/collegiate/main.htm
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
Matt, you definately should get involved. we are renting out OWC 3 times afterhours this fall, we plan to have some clinics, we plan to have some club outings, we will have use of an '03 X-2 just for the club, there is wakefest, and not to mention all of the unofficial weekend evening gatherings. if you are around this summer, get ahold of me, as I am riding near here all summer.
Old    xtremrider            06-23-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
El Camino College, just a jc but at least i am going.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-23-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
U of San Diego alumni
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-23-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
University of Arkansas, all wakeboarding here!
Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-23-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
Washington State University, lots of wheat fields but you can find butter for boarding if you look for it.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
I am from Pleasanton,CA and ride the Delta.

I go to UC Santa Barbara.

I get year-round great weather and have both NorCal and SoCal.

I can't complain.

-Evan
Old     (boardinbeast)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
U of MAssachusetts Dartmouth, although this is my first seson wakeboarding.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
ill be going to Holyoke Community College, MA in the fall.

whats everybody's major?
Old    mandi            06-23-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Lynsey skiing is really easy. I am sure you will be able to ski.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2003, 11:50 PM Reply   
big Highline Community College till I get my AA and then off to Western Washington University!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2003, 1:24 AM Reply   
I'm goin to U.C. Berkeley in the fall. Does anyone know if they have a ski/wakeboard team there?
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-24-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
i'm talking about: Is anyone on the Ski/wakeboard team at their college or university???
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-24-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
University of Cincinnati, but now I'm alumni.
I'm a lot better now that I graduated.
I finally realized that you really can ski/wakeboard better when you're sober.
Who knew!!
www.ucwaterski.com
Old    jeremy2210            06-24-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Tim, I ride in Jacksonville, but will be coming down to UF in the Spring for college. How do you get involved in that club? it sounds pretty cool.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Jeremy,

Essentially to get involved you go to the meetings, find out what and when things are happening. We are having a callout in the fall, and perhaps one in the spring as well.

Old    xtremebordgurl            06-24-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
where is UF? I checked out USF, Fl Southern College, UCF and UT. I'm enrolled in U of Maine Farmington :-( . I'm starting to realize it was a mistake.... where are some good schools where I can ride everyday, I'm think'n of transfering at the end of this year. I'm a novice-intermediate women rider... what are my odds of getting on a team?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-24-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
University of Florida is in Gainesville. It is about 2 hours north of orlando. 45,000 students, nice college town, good weather. the school has a wakesetter for the students to use for free and the wake and ski club recently won the use of an X-2 for the year, exclusively for club use. Also, I have a boat that we frequently use. Having been to USF and UCF campuses, UF is a much better place to be. as with all schools, the more female riders the better.
Old    jpoppa            06-24-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Bess, I go to Eckerd College in St Petersburg, FL and we ride all of the time down here. The school is a small private Liberal Arts college and it's right on Tampa Bay. My dorm room actually looks out over the bay and our private marina and boat ramp is about 100 yards away. If you want a place where you can wakeboard, Eckerd is definitely the place. We have a number of spots we go depending on the wind direction so we almost always find butter water. There's also a pretty good wakeboarding community down in St Pete that always wakeboards with eachother, we sort of have a boat rotation thing going on. As far as a wakeboard team goes I started a Wakeboard Club here last year but the college wouldn't give us any funding for liability reasons (bs if you ask me), so I haven't really kept up with it and didn't re-charter it this year. There's always a way to go boarding down here though and have fun. Plus you can ride in the local tournaments whenever so a team isn't really necessary. Shawn- you got any input?
Old    rdavis            06-24-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
I will be going to college next fall. I live in Virginia, but really want to go to school down in Florida. U of F sounds like the place to go, but does anyone know of similar clubs in Florida, Georgia, North or South Carolina, or Virginia? I'd really like to go to U of Florida, but may be lacking in the $$$. Thanks
Old    live2board            06-24-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
GO to Auburn University, WAR EAGLE!, and we are in the process of putting together a wakeboarding club either with or with out affliatations to the already established waterski club.