Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Finally got a decent video with my buddy's GoPro, wanted to share it with the world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeFSmQacbU

Riding on Saturday, had about 10mph winds blowing and just barely 70 degrees! Cannot express how stoked I am with my wave! Everything fills up in less than 5 minutes, there are NO sacks on the seat and the boat has much-less of a lean-on than my older V220.

We're running at 10.7 mph in the video, riding the prototype Flyboy that I'm testing out and providing feedback to Jeff Walker. This board is so fun...it's a little slower and "softer" than the production version of Inland Surfer Flyboy. It's also GREAT for the bigger kids (220+ lbs)...everyone that has riden this board behind my V226 has proclaimed to have "their best session EVER!" and I concur.

I kept overspinning my 3's, but feeling like I'm getting them dialed in more! A new boat + new wave + new board and I feel like I've had to re-learn half the sport!! The airs are getting BIGGER! The landings are SUPER smooth on this board...soft, squashed tail just lets you come down the wave so easy. All my weight is back...versus the front-heavy ride of boards like the Shred Stixx Hazen Custom (which I pulled out and rode ONE time over the weekend, but then put it back in the rack due to the love of the speed and ease of riding these Flyboy boards!).

Shout out to Jeff & James Walker for building some incredible fun boards! Thanks again guys for letting our crew be part of your testing process...hopefully our feedback helps shape future board design & technology!

For those that can't get their hands on a handmade version, DEFINITELY hit up the guys at Inland Surfer and pick up a Flyboy if you're looking to add a new smile to your face behind the boat!