Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey guys trying to plan a family vacation this summer. Want to be on a lake and bring the X Star over but need to make the people that want to fish, go to disney and just hang out happy too. So would need one BIG house or a couple houses lots of little rug rats under the age of 5 running around. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!! Would like to be on a chain of lakes for riding and fishing.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-18-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
nothing I am surprised
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-18-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
I can make a few calls... how many total people would there be? and price range?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-18-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
We are not rich but there would be around 10 adults 10 kids 7 and under. I just don't know who are where to call. Thanks Nick if you have some numbers I am happy to do the work. Might need two houses. Probably 5 days to a week. Did you get a new recoil nick????
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-18-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
Not yet (with the recoil), but thats the plan

I've got a place in mind... Do you know what month of summer you're looking at?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-18-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
Nick Heany's got a place for rent lakeside. Cobe does too. E mail me for a numbers.

wakeshots@gmail.com
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-18-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
I know a few places but none of them for that many people. There are tons of short term rentals but not on the water. There is a great place in St.cloud that would only be 5 min from a boat ramp. Check out Homestead Management Eastside website on that stuff. I am still asking around on lake houses for you guys
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       02-19-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
Also try www.VRBO.com and www.homeaway.com
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-19-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
Also try www.vacationrentals.com
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Orlando is also littered with these
http://orlando.craigslist.org/vac/

here are all lakefront ones:
http://orlando.craigslist.org/search/vac?query=lakefront&catAbbreviation=vac&minAsk=min &maxAsk=max&bedrooms=

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on February 19, 2010)
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-19-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
Karen, I checked out ohio on www.homeaway.com and most of the $1000 rentals are where I live &wakeboard ha ha, it is the best place in ohio
Old     (koshlonger)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-20-2010, 5:07 AM Reply   
We are a family of 5 looking to rent a lakefront home from March 12-20. We would prefer a lake with a slalom course. Out boat is stored in Florida so a ride is not a problem. We have tried craigslist and most of the vacation sites. If anyone has an idea or can point us in the right direction we would be grateful. Thanks