Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying an 1993 Mastercraft Prostar 205 direct drive. Its in awesome shape and is only the second owner. Has just under 600 hours with the 351 in it. Comes with two props bimini and pylon and a good stereo. Interior is really clean no rips on the vinyl at all no fading and the outside is clean. Also comes with a double axel trailer. My main question is do you think 11k is a fair price? Also I know the hull from 1996 and up is better but how is the wakeboard wake behind it this hull and does anyone surf behind this boat? I have had i/o's before and am looking to get a ski boat for the first time but am on a budget. Any opinions would be appreciated. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on it this weekend. Than
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-27-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
If owned one for 8+ years now and it has been a great boat. 11k seems like a decent price from what if seen looking to price my boat to sell. Wakeboard wake will not hold you back with the right weight set up and is very comparable to the 96+ 205 hull. The main difference is it is slightly mellower and wider from my experience. The surf wake is ok but nothing special, you can surf it with just a couple people in the boat. Overall it will be a great first inboard and a huge step up from an I/O. Very little storage but im sure you know that already but the boat can fit 10 people legally. Wake pictures below and feel free to ask any questions.
Attached Images

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-28-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
Thats for the reply those pics look good. I hope 11k is a good price I live in colorado and not a whole lot of boats like this come up forsale.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-28-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
If more people could give an insight on that price I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-28-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Just sold a 1994 205 for 10.5k Great shape and lots of add ons and some custom stuff (had 1880 incredible hrs on it and still ran strong and burnt no oil) So it's definetly in the right price range. Great boats. Just make sure the maintenance was done and had alot of TLC.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-28-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
agree with brian and paul, I think thats a good price if its really in that good shape. Buy it put a tower on for summer and you'll be good to go. ask what carburetor is on it the holey 4010 that came stock can be troublesome/4160 Holley is the best replacement. That may be a point to negotiate a couple $$ off the price.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-07-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have a '96 2005. Best Wake ever. I ride with a bunch of friends who have new SAN 210, old San 210, new x-star.... I still prefer my 205s wake. Every other feature of the nice new boats is nicer but My preferance is the 205 wake w?about 2K weight.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-08-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
fyi, 96 was the year they went to a new hull IIRC
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-08-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Another important note, at least it would be for me, is in 1994 they went to electronic fuel injection. It may put out a few more HP, get better fuel mileage and obviously would be easier to get started. As far as the wake goes - a sport nautique, or any nautique for that matter, in the 8-11k range would have a better, bigger wake. The 205 wake is very rampy and small IMO. If room in the boat isn't that much of an issue, I'd spend less money and get a late 80's Nautique 2001. If your thinking of spending the $11k, I'd save up $15k and try to get a 90's super sport nautique.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
Ended up picking it up this weekend. Was able to run it before we purchased it and learned how to winterize the boat. Overall I think we will be very happy with the boat. Now the only thing we need is a tower. On on old i/o we had a monster it was good except for the fact it rattled alot and cause some stress cracks. Anyone have any tower recommendations for this boat? Here is a pic of the new boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-09-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
Samson edge
http://samsonsports.com/wakeboard_to...stom_edge.html

New dimensions(this would be the best option unless you were going to go really expensive samson)
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/boat_towers.html

Star One wake(great custom fitted but under 2k)
http://www.staronewake.com/towers.html

I would probably go with the new dimensions to have the oem look or the Star one because the price. I wouldn't do anything universal.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-09-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
New dimension is awesome but expensive. I think it would be hear to see a return on your investment with a 1993 boat. I would probably witha monster tower . They are cheap, and from my limited experience with them they are solid.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-10-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Congrats on the boat. Hope yours provides as many great family and friends memories as ours did.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
I got NDT on my 205 and couldn't be happier. Sturdy, sound, and looks great
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have been looking at NDT and I like them alot just not the price. Other than that looked at samson and like them to but would more than likely get the NDT over a samson. I am Kinda leaning towards the Starone one towers either the series one or two cant decide if the extra $400 is worth it for the series two. Anyone have any experience with the star one towers. Another thing with a tower right now is if I get a 2k dollar tower i would like our bimini to fit under it since I wont be able to afford a custom one right away.