Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-10-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Anyone out at Anderson and see this today? Really tied up things at the ramp. Also making things difficult was the fact that a jet ski trailer near the Land Rover had a couple of full gas cans on it.

The owner was on the lake when this was happening. How can someone NOT know their car is on fire or at least over heating when they park it? Craziness...
Attached Images

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=h2ohangtime;1692178] How can someone NOT know their car is on fire or at least over heating when they park it? Craziness...[/QUOTE

you just answered your own question because you dont even know. engine temperature, in and of itself, is not a cause of external combustion. so, if it wasnt heat, it was was electrical. IF that is the case, then by your logic, every homeowner that comes home to a house in ashes that is the result of an electrical fire should have seen it coming. have some compassion...even you admitted the owner was on the lake...if they werent running the vehicle, how could their lack of attention allow it to create more heat in their absence?
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-11-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
tdc, I wasn't knocking the owner...just trying to figure out how that could possibly happen. It would seem that if everything was normal, there wouldn't be a way to have a fire like that break out--especially if all power was shut down. I'm sure (to your point) there are potential electrical ways for it to happen--just seemed odd that the owner was parked in the last row away from the ramp and had time to launch and walk back to the dock, plus do whatever they did on the lake and THEN the fire started. Either way, it sucks.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-11-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
haha, my bad. i thought you were bashing the owners. comments stricken...
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
maybe he didn't get the recall or there isn't a recall. I went forever before doing the cruise control module recall on my 02 f150. luckily I was ok. That module was placed directly on the mastercylinder to an open orifice full of brake fluid. When the o-ring leaks that module pools with fluid, the module was charged 24/7. pool o brake fluid and an electrical charge results in fire. Many a house nearly burned to the ground or did burn to the ground due to a manufacturer defect.

Sucks to see that anytime.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2011, 11:00 PM Reply   
Was that a Range Rover? If so, I know a guy with a white one for sale... perfect replacement! Will not explode...