Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (wake95kid)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-18-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
give me some feedback and i know yall are thinking that im crazy but the last post about boards was for my friend
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Both are good boards. IMO the Shane popped a little bit harder, but I would have been happy with either one to be honest. Both edged and landed well.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
i rode the lyman and i didnt like it but thats not to say others didnt. for me it was to narrow. it rode kinda old school for me. i have also heard the shane is insane to ride. demo both of them and make it easy
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
The Shane is only .4 centimeters wider.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
Both Boards are awesome but have a different feel to them. The Lyman is very loose and very fast. It also has thinner tip and tail, which gives it almost a flex feel. The Shane tracks better and has a better pop imo. Both boards land as soft as any out there.
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-18-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
I love my lyman, that's all I'm gonna say ;p
Old     (jskeeatl)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-18-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
I tried both and ended up buying the Lyman. The Lyman feels a lot faster to me, but it could have been that the Shane I rode was a little too small for me (140 and my Lyman is 143). Both are fun boards, but I personally feel like you can slide and recover from bad landings a little easier on the Lyman because it is looser when in a neutral position. It seems to be a little easier to ollie as well, maybe it's the thinner tip and tail. My .02.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
I actually rode both last night, I had a friend that was demoing them. I've never been a big fan of the shane shapes and wasn't a fan of the 09 either. It was a little tight and I always have issues with my toeside for some reason on his shapes. Plus I seem to bury the tip occasionally. Looking at the Lyman I thought I wouldn't like it either because it looks fairly similar but it rode quite different and I had a great set on it. It was loose and easy to break free when riding flat but got on edge and held nicely when edging in. The pop I thought was better than the shane. The landings were soft but every now and then I felt I got hung up a bit when right at landing. I think it was just different than what I am used to which is a 09 transcend. Between those boards I would definitely choose the lyman but it's all preference, if you can demo them both.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-18-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
he better keep them for this weekend!
Old    stu_hert            08-19-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
I have both, and would vote for the shane hands down. However, if you are interested in the Lyman, it is on BBB right now.
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-23-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
Lyman would be my pick! It's quicker looser softer landing more pop
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2009, 3:29 AM Reply   
Shane is my reference! It's because every aspects of this board are almost perfect. Easy to ride, good edge, fast enough, loose, tones of pop, soft landing, etc. What else do you want? GREAT BOARD! Never tried a Lyman but always heard good thing about it!
Old     (youareawesome)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-24-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Everyone has their own preference, and mine, without hesitation is the Lyman. It combines everything I love about the continuous rocker (speed and tracking) with the pop elements of a three-stage. There isn't anyone that I've spoken with that hasn't bought one or preferred it over their board.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
i havnt ridden the shane. but ive heard from a few people it has more pop then the lyman. but the lyman is an awesome board. no doubt about it.

this is just my oppinion. but the axis rides a ton like the lyman. but has more pop. the first time i rode the axis my ollie was half again as high as my lyman. and also i was getting more pop going W2W
it might be worth checking out
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
The Shane is lighter... look how easy it fly on the water!!!

Upload

Ahahahahah!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
fred, THATS SO SICK! haha. that was such a lucky shot.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
You're right!!!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-24-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
What LF shape rides closest to the retired LF Team? I've ridden the new(er) trip, but it doesn't pop as much as the Team. Thinking about a Witness or Lyman.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
You Lyman fans should check out the LF Groove.
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-24-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
i have the 07 shane and the 09 lyman. i switched from the recoil to the lyman due to the fact the recoil does not do well if it is not butter. the lyman rides great all the time, yet i rode the shane and i felt like it took less energy to ride I could go alot longer it edges much easier and will go wider faster with less energy my 2cents.