Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-29-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
Wow- Looking at the riding order for Saturday and see lots of new names and several that aren't new but not on tour before. Where is Ruck?
Some new names for me- Joey Bradley, Paul Hernaez, Jeff Langley, Kirby Liesman, Sam Thompson, Keith Holley, Dylan Miller.
Congrats to Alex winning his heat. Not a new name but 1st year on men's pro tour. Who are the other rookies besides Alex and Jimmy.

Saw a lot of new names in Jr Men too. Only 14 ladiesbut it will be a well contested event. Dyer, Leugner and Ethel are new to me.

Does anyone have info on these guys?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-29-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
I guess it depends where you are from, but Joey has been a big name in the Texas scene for a long time. He is a sick rider!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-29-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
yes, like Joey is "Texas Best Kept Secret". I heard he will also be deejaying this weekend.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Dylan Miller and Ashley Leugner are both from Saskatchewan, Canada, the same province as Rusty. I believe they were both on tour last year, at least Ashley was for sure.
Paul Hernaez is from France and is Lidberg's roommate; he's been around for a while as well. He used to work at The Projects a few years back.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-30-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Corrie Dyer is from Crossville, TN. She has ridden Jr Women the past 3 years at Nationals and Worlds. She rode Jr women at the Masters in 2007 & 8. Finished 3rd at Board-up this year.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
Megan Ethell made the finals today. She is only 12.
http://twitpic.com/69pfj

Jeff Langley lives with Collin Harrington and Clay Fletcher and is a great rider with a couple of hammers in Box of Fun.

(Message edited by brinks on May 30, 2009)
Old    dperizzolo            05-30-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Yeah Dylan rode on the tour last year for sure. He is a sick rider and one of the nicest dudes around. I wish him the best of luck this year.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
Harley is the other rookie.Sam is an aussie and a friend of Harley's.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-30-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Kirby Liesmann is a rookie, rode Jr Men last 3 years. Origionally from MO. Spent last winter in Orlando where he made lots of progress as a rider. Is a member of the CWB Faction team.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Nick Davies is also a Pro rookie this year
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-30-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
4 Rookies from last year in Jr Men are in the top 20, LaRichie, Clifford, Davies (only competed at first 2 events), Liesmann, 2 others in the top 40 with Alex and Sam Thompson
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Nice rookie class
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-30-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Cool to see fresh faces mixing it up. It's going to be interesting to see the O.G.'s of wakeboarding work their way out of the contest ranks and let the young guns take over.

It's fun to see the progression. That's one of the neat things about being the first generation of wakeboarders. The guys that started the whole thing are still out there killing it. It's about time to pass the torch, though.
Old     (boost)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2009, 2:59 AM Reply   
yeah, can comment on ozzies, sam thompson won mens last year and riding well,harley clifford will be next world champion in next couple of years he has every trick in the book inc. whirlydick ect. mitch langfeild will win jnr mens this year if he keeps away from injuries and keep eye on jarrod askew awesome rider! cmon ozzy cmon
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-31-2009, 5:58 AM Reply   
"mitch langfeild will win jnr mens this year if he keeps away from injuries and keep eye on jarrod askew awesome rider! cmon ozzy cmon"
Steel may have something to say about that. Today's going to be a great showdown. Looking forward to it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-01-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Don't forget our own Jake Sonnevelt that rode for the first time. Didn't make the cut but made a respectable run.

I actually talked to that Paul guy for a bit during the finals runs and he seemed to be a low key nice guy.

(Message edited by gene3x on June 01, 2009)