Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-31-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
just talked to them and confirmed 4 units in the J building got robbed. so if your in that building go check your s--t. she also siad there going to start limiting access with no access between 2200 and 0500. she said when they get things dialed lyn will be able to give you 24 hr access if needed. this sucks big time. hope we find these d-bags.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-31-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
I happened to stop by to drop some things off this morning to find a Sheriff across from my locker. The owner stores his boat ,electrical items for his business and other stuff. Lost wire, sons go cart, tools Etc. Sheriff was up in the boat, but not sure what was taken from it. I felt so bad for him. Thiefs should be castrated and tatooed with "I am a thief" on their forhead for first time caught. Second time it is see you in the next life loser.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-03-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
Sometimes I wish they would just leave a note on where I can buy my stuff back!!
Old     (todd_w)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
As of 12/30 @ 4AM my winter project list got a lot longer..... they hit my storage unit at Orwood.

They got away with:
NVS Deviants (pair)
Zapco 350W amp
Alumapro 1200W amp
Power and ground distribution blocks and cables
Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS H/U
2 wakeboards
Wake Skate
Broadcast Surf Board

They hit 4 units between 4 -7 AM and made 5 trips in and out through the "secured" gate with a valid access code. I meet with Sheriff and he took pictures of the damage and got finger prints off my boat. Hopefully they will find the bastards that did this.

2011 is going to be so much fun with police reports and insurance claims!!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       01-03-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
I went up there on the 31st to check stuff out. Thankfully mine was still secured. Are they busting locks or going through other walls?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
I just heard that an arrest was made in this case.

Even if they recover the stolen equipment that is only half of the issue. I would support some sort of punitive punishment done to thieves so they truly understand the cost of the damage they have done. Buying new equipment to upgrade my boat stereo is less than half of the battle. Spending the time to get it installed correctly is much more costly to me.

Thankfully I was not one of the victims this time. (at least I don't think I was, haven't been there to confirm everything is OK yet)

My little slalom boat did get hit midsummer from the open parking space where I store. They bagged an old Pioneer CD player, an old Clarion APX480, an old Nautique 10" Polk sub in it's enclosure, the pair of Polk db650's from the back of the boat, and the Costco deep cycle battery too. It's really bothersome to be so inconvenienced.

Last edited by mikeski; 01-05-2011 at 1:53 PM.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-06-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
Yup, thieves blow. It takes huge hours to build a nice system and only minutes for them to destroy it. Then months of insurance claims, adjusters, etc..... What a pain. Good luck to everyone that got hit. It sounds like we're OK at our unit. For a "secure" facility this seems to be getting more common. I only hope they got the jacka$$es that hit it this time.

Thieves should serve time on the first offense and be hit with huge public service hours. Make them understand what legitimate hard work is.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
For the price we pay there they we should be able to have a peace of mind that our stuff is safe, I know that at the Whiskey Slough where I was going to go and boats stored in huge storrage unit, they have no problems When I was looking at them and I asked about security, they said they have cameras and on site people with guns...that sold me, but decided Orwood.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-07-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
At the very minimum, Orwood should have cameras covering the front and rear of the buildings.
Old     (mjr)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
At the very minimum, Orwood should have cameras covering the front and rear of the buildings.
Completely agree with this - it's not exactly a massive outlay these days either.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
I agree
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Boat Storage. The Idea that you boat's safe LOL. You pay a few hundred to cover your boat and Pray that nothing happens to it. What a joke. Jason had his system stolen out of his boat. The place that he kept it out had this big song and dance how the place was so secure, Bla Bla And how No person that kept his or her car ever went into the storage. You dropped your boat or car off in a Chain Link fence secured aera. The employees would then come get your car or boat and tow it to its spot. No customers ever went into the storage spot. Wow this place sounded great. We later found out they left his boat outside a few nights and that's all it took. By By system. Jason never got a dime from the guy. Turns out he had no insurance. I guess it wouldn't be a bad Idea to have a boat alarm on your stuff. Mikes right the equipment is no big deal. You can walk in and out of a stereo shop with all brand new stuff in 15 min's Its putting back in and fixing all the damage. It would be the worst in the middle of the summer when you were using your boat every weekend to have to loose a few weekends to get you stuff put back in
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-07-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
I just heard from Orwood that they did install cameras last week. They also require more secure gate codes and are now limiting off hours access to the facility. Orwood is pretty good, every storage option has it's good and bad points. Most of us do not have a secure garage at home large enough to accommodate the boat so we are stuck with storage and a prayer. In the past I kept my boat on a lift behind the house at Discovery Bay so my stereo was installed in stealth mode and I kept a pretty low profile. Today my boat is a bit more secure so I am a little more comfortable having some higher dollar stuff visible from the outside.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-07-2011, 11:16 PM Reply   
Pretty sure Orwood hiked our rates LAST YEAR to install the cameras. If they just now installed them last week, I'm going to be pretty pissed off. They hiked my rate $20 per month. That's $240/yr. Multiply that my a ***** ton of units and those cameras should have been in several months ago.

I asked them multiple times to do a courtesy check on my unit and have not gotten an answer at all.

I'm going up tomorrow. If anybody wants me to do a quick look, please let me know.

Just PM me so it goes to my email.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-07-2011, 11:32 PM Reply   
This whole situation is stupid, they entererd in with a secure code, but they have no idea which code?? Well i will be checking my boat asap
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2011, 6:10 PM Reply   
I was there today. I saw no cameras at all. I did see some poles with electrical wiring which MIGHT be used for cameras.

Too little too late.

They raised rates over a year ago for cameras and have just now started to install them.

I'm pissed.
Old     (dellagucci)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-10-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
seems like an inside job....