Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Yeah, another one of those threads.

So, yesterday, to other VT wake club members and I were out riding behind an unweighted Malibu Sportster ski boat. As I'm driving, I carefully avoid every fishing boat on the lake (and there are a lot), and give them ample room in the lake, like, hundreds of feet between us, except for the super narrow part of the lake, and I was always still over 50 feet away.

We start to come out into the bigger part of the lake, and the rider falls trying a hs bs 3. Suddenly, a fishing boat comes flying around the corner (not a bass boat, something else), and a guy sitting in the back starts screaming. I quote, very carefully, and with warning to kids on here, "F****T! I HOPE YOU F*****G FELL! F*****G SERVES YOU RIGHT! MOTHER*******!"

This was a guy that had actually come out after us, or something like that. In any case, I never saw him while I was driving, and I didn't come near any boats, save for this one Chapparal who thought it would be cool to split the 35 foot distance between the shore, our boat, and our downed rider going 35 mph with his kids on the boat. Other than that boat, we didn't come near a single boat. I just don't understand it... I'm courteous and I wave to every fisherman on that lake. Occassionally I'll get a half assed wave back, but usually it's that "I wanna kill you" stare. I've never had a guy drive by and shout like that before. Could someone maybe explain this?

Their boat had high sides, and we were in a ski boat which had virtually no wake as well...