Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    jakeman            10-20-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
Sick-Nick Binkoski
Roast Beef Raley off a double-up

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9322

Check it!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-20-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
The kid is MAGIC !! He rides so smooth and is so humble about it..great rider, great attitude.
Happy to see his 'dream' of the RBR became a reality!!! LOL

Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-20-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm sure that would be a hard move to throw, but it looks like a mistake. However, it is nice to see a new grab with raley.
Old    jakeman            10-20-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
negative

he did throw it on purpose
he thought it up the night before
just had a hard time trying to get the grab

Old    aka sickboy            10-20-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
How could a roast beef be a mistake???

Nice move.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-20-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
Wouldn't that be a Roast Beef OHH? Maybe he could name it OHB...Other Hand Beef? I'd love to see an OHCS (Other Hand Chicken Salad)!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-21-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
chicken salad? what would that be?
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-21-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Grab with your lead hand, instead of back hand.

Is it a RB raley or RB Glide? Either way, I think you put a little mayo and S & P and it would be good.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-21-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
Oops...I was told that a Chicken salad is the same as a roast beef (as far as still using your rear hand)but your hand is flipped around
(Elbow facing foorward vs. inner forearm)?

But I think you are right that is is a front hand grab...However, you'd still need to twist your hand around though.

So technically, because he grabbed the board with his back hand (like an OHH) it could be called an Other Hand Beef. If he were to grab chicken salad, it would be a Chicken Salad Glide. Now I see why people make fun of the way wakeboarders name tricks. It really makes me hungry too!
Old    jakeman            10-21-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
Dan
-thats deep-

I'm hungry and I don't even like chicken salad
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-21-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
he did grab it with his back hand. Quite innovative. I guess he could name it. I would call it a roochie boochie glide. WHY?! why does a dog lick his balls...? cuz he can't make himself...uh, nevermind, that's beside the point. What's on the other side of the point is that he can name the trick whatever he wants and if he grabs it chicken salad (grabbing with the rear hand rotated inwards) he could call it a choochie shoochie glide and we would all have to accept that.
Old    jakeman            10-21-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Thane Dogg

R U saying this is a new trick?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-21-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
well, I don't know bro. I've never seen it, or heard of anyone doing it. What do you think?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-21-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
No matter what you call it that's pretty damn sweet man.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-22-2003, 12:46 AM Reply   
A chicken salad is a roast beef grab with your wrist twisted the other direction. I do a chicken salad glide that kind of looks like a nuclear glide. I will post a pictures when I get some.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-22-2003, 5:24 AM Reply   
(((NOVAK)))....Has Nick seen his footage yet??
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2003, 7:32 AM Reply   
Actually Zane has been doing that for years, but not off the double up. He also does a chicken salad bat wing and a chicken salad glide.
Old    wakechick            10-22-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
I could be wrong, but I thought a chicken salad grab was opposite of a roast beef? I thought chicken salad is where you grab (with your back hand) with your arm in between your legs from your back to the ts rail of your board between your legs? (Did that explanation make sense to anybody...haha!)
Old    wakechick            10-22-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Nevermind...I am wrong...found this:
Chicken Salad: Front hand, heelside grab, between feet, through legs, arm is twisted, lead foot is boned out.
Old    andystrawn            10-22-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
any grab named after a sandwich is stupid. People want wakeboarding to get respect but its not gonna happen when the pros are still doing grabs that snowboarders let die with the neon snowsuits.

Indy, Melon, Mute, Stalefish, tail and nose are the only grabs any board sport needs.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-22-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
thats pretty hardcore andy
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
Damn! Now I know why I can't get any respect when I ride. All my grabs are named after food!
Old    jakeman            10-22-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Andy

nice take
I agree because I can't keep up w/ the trick names
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-22-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
if the chicken salad is with the front hand, how do you do a chicken-salad bat wing? man that seems impossible.

although i always thought chicken salad was with the rear hand, which would make more sense.

according to someone who posted before, this is the wakeboarding magazine description of chicken-salad:

Chicken Salad: The rear hand reaches between the legs with the wrist rotated inward and grab the heel edge between the bindings while the front leg is boned. ( To figure out how to turn your wrist in the proper direction take your back hand and hold it out in front of you with your palm facing down. Rotate your wrist upside down with your thumb leading the rotation downwards.) (Hint: it is the hard way to turn your wrist upside down.)

(Message edited by deepstructure on October 22, 2003)
Old    cdubs            10-22-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
yeah chicken salad is with the rear hand. we were doin them off the dub the other day both normal straight raley and we were doin indy glide style but with the chicken salad grab. they both look pretty cool. whats up stack. heard bout the the rock. how you doin?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2003, 2:09 PM Reply   
I don't think the grab is an accident. I was just trying to say that it didn't look all that cool without being a jerk. Great now I am an ass and a jerk.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-22-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
lol root. don't sweat it.

hey chris - im good. just got a busted pinky lol. so im still off the water for another week or so probably. when you gonna get me the rest of that footage to cut?
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-22-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
I thought it was with he rear hand too, but I saw that same definition that Bonnie did on that other Wakeboarding site that says it is a front hand grab...Guess they better get their facts straight over there! Especially with the URL they have..you'd think they'd be the Authorities on the subject! Just joking Pat if you see this! HA!
Old    chubby            10-22-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
its kinda ugly
Old    jakeman            10-23-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
remember
it was the first time he threw it

Old    oldschool            10-23-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
Is your name really Dan Noonan? THEE Danny Noonan....Caddy Shack??? SWEET a celebrity!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-23-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
Unfortunately it is...I hear that at least once a week! I think I should get Royalties since the movie came out after I was born.
Old    jakeman            10-23-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
Dan
at least caddy shack gave u a good rep=
-hooked up w/ that hot blond-
yur a legend
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-23-2003, 5:10 PM Reply   
Be the ball Danny....