Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (lettinit)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
What are the boards opinions on Calabria's? ProV and ProVII . Have a friend looking into a newer 07 or 08.Any opinions appreciated , regarding wake, quailty etc.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
i have an 04 pro-v it's a nice boat i like it alot stock ballast is a little weak but once i sack it out it throws an awesome wake very lippy and they havn't changed the hull design at all so u'll have the same experience but overall there nice boats my good friend has the pro-vII and it's just the pro-v in a 21ft and a a slightly smaller beam but it's a sick boat to!
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-08-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
i hear that the customer service end (factory) is aweful
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-08-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
The only problem I had the factory was easy to deal with.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
I have an 05 and I love it. What is your friend looking for in a boat, and why does he want a Pro-V?

As for the support, I've had an experience with the factory and it was ok. Not stellar due to some delays, but they kept in touch with me and eventually punted back to the dealer to fix. My dealer took back over from there and did a reasonable job on the repair. Losing a few early season weeks definitely sucked, but I can understand the each wanting to know what was wrong before they took on the fix.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
I rode behind a ProVII this weekend with full factory ballast it was pretty weak.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-08-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
I would look into the Team Edition that comes with 1000 lbs stock, and it never hurts to throw in a little more weight. Plenty of room for everybody but the bow is really small. I give it a thumbs up and demo one if you get a chance.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
there ok boats. not the first that i would look into but just my thoughts. one thing that draws me away from them is that they haven't changed anything inside the boat since 03 or so.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
I have a very good friend who is the middle of a lawsuit with Calabria. There was a time I'd say check the boat out..... good features & great bang for the buck.
But now days I'd stay away from anything new or under warranty.
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
They changed the dash in 06
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-09-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
I've been behind a pro-v and it was a great wake and boat. Also I've met the owner a couple times at the show and he seems like a real standup guy!

There is always going to be bad boats or lemons its just the name of the game, every manufacture has a friday boat.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-09-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Yes they did change the dash and some things in 06 -07. I used to own a Pro V and although it did have some things I did not like overall it was a good product for the price. Very roomy I liked the wake we used to ride stock and a few of my buddies would get huge air. For the money I would say go for it
Old     (bigwakerules)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-11-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
there nice,friend of mine has one but you really need to add more weight and be in a good depth of water to have a decent wake on this boat,much rather be behind my nautique...
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       09-11-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have a Prov 2 (check profile) We love it. I have a friend that has a malibu and the other has a tige. They both like the wakeboarding wake alot and what really impresses them is the ballast system and the wake it makes on the starboard side for wakesurfing. When we go wakesurfing we use my Calabria. Fit and finish is outstanding. You get a better wakesurfing wake from the Prov 2 Because the beam is a littel smaller and it bites into the water better.

(Message edited by rbeckei on September 11, 2008)

(Message edited by rbeckei on September 11, 2008)
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       09-15-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
I have 2008 Pro-V and love it. Have had some issues with things breaking, etc. but I bought from the best dealership in the world, so they take awesome care of everything for me.

As for the wake, the 700 lbs of ballast is awesome, but without about 4 equal size people sitting in the boat at opposite corners, you do have to tweak your weighting to get the wake to balance out just right. Too much weight on either side and one will crumble, the other will be sharp. Moving just a foot will make a huge difference. Its just trial and error - we have it down now where exactly people need to be to peak out both sides of the wake.

I love having the huge open seating, the interior is very comfortable and well done. Tons of storage.

Because of the way the rudder is set on the prop, the boat will pull to the port side quite a bit, so you get used to holding the wheel starboard to hold a straight line, but I think it helps you keep it straighter when you are used to the slight resistance.

Tons of power, the perfect pass is awesome, ballast is the best in the industry (literally does fill in 15 seconds, empties in about 90 when you open the tanks and haul ass).

Overall, since I have a great dealership (Hipp Marine) who takes care of every issue for me (I'm pretty meticulous and like having my boat at 100% every time I use it), I love having the Calabria.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-15-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Love my 05 Pro V. Had some minor issues at first and my dealer didnt step up. Wrote Calabria and the next day the owner called me. I live 45 min from the factory so I took it up there and two hrs later it was fixed. Wake is solid with some additional weight but boat is picky about weight placement. Tons of storage space and more importantly people space!

Upload
Upload
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-15-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
I wanna come take a set with you
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
MOX- is that ali and summer on the left in the first pic hahahaha. their some of my good friends.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-16-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Ryan-That is ali and summer. Ali works with Laura who is one of my close friends. I actually tied up with you on the fourth of july at bass lake for awhile. That was a drunken mess as always.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
hahaha yeah i remember the forth. that cop made us untie cuz we were getting too close to the cabins docks or something. summer was on my boat for a while that day. we tried to keep her on my boat so we could admire her new investments hahahaha
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Ah yes better living through science!
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-16-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
Now I want a Calabria :-)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Oh dude read the disclaimer *chicks not included.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
If all Calabria's came with that ballast stock they couldn't build enough boats to meet demand. Mox, I wanna' kick it with you. Not so much you as the chick in the middle with the green top in the first pic.