Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    patrick_o            07-03-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
These bindings i just got are killin to are on the bottom of my feet behind my toes and i need some way to break them in.what can i do?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-03-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
must be Liquid Force bindings..........
Old    patrick_o            07-03-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
no there hyperlite splits
Old    shiftywakeskate            07-03-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
just endure the pain for a while. my feet ached before i broke in my highbacks, but now its well worth it
Old    txwkbrdr06            07-03-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Hey I have those... just got them a month ago.. at first they hurt a little but now they are stellar. It just takes time.. try soaking them in hot water and walking around the house in them (stupid I know but it helps).
Old    patrick_o            07-03-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
ok thanx
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-03-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
I have the same problem patrick. I've had mine now for over a year and i have been using them quite often these past few weeks and they are finally getting better but there is still some soreness in my right pinky toe(I'm goofy foot). I'm able though to go W2W. this last winter I took them down to my local boardshop and they put the one boot in a snowboard boot stretcher and it did help some. cold water, they tighten up. try wearing them often though. even around the house. who cares what you look like.
Old    hyperlitegrl            07-03-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
put a glass corona (or what ever kind) bottle ware your toescum out of the bindin n put it in hot water for like an hour then levee the bottle in place for a few days ... put a bottle whare ever it needs to be reshaped to fit your foot! stupid i noe but my dad did it for mine and it worked verry well!
Old    patrick_o            07-03-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
i put them on every time i get a chance too.and a nother problem is that i have a very wide foot and i'm flatfooted so that is a problem.
Old     (gnarkill)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
I think you should invest in a good pair of sandal style wakeboard bindings and a box of tissues... For crying out loud they are splits, damn near the easiest wakeboard boot to get in and out of. Sack up, and take the polka dot panties off and understand that wakeboard boots are not comfortable like shoes. Go buy some Ion bindings if you want to know what pure wakeboard binding hell is…
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Turn your hot tub or bath tub up to like 100 degrees. Put your bindigns on and sit in the water as long as you can stand. Get out and stand on your bindings for like 15-20 minutes and they will never hurt yoru feet again!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
Turkish:

Hopefully this guy is a friend of yours that you are just joking around with. I can't imagine you would talk to someone you don't know like that. People come here for advice and help. Loose the attitude, or go try wakeboarder.com.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
turkpiss your profile pic is gay. looks like you are wearing nothing but pink and ride behind a bayliner! haha
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-09-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
Patrick:
My Brother-in-law has the same / exact problem as you do - flat/wide footed w/HL Splits. I told him about the bathtub thing, but he just keeps on enduring the pain.

turkish:
- so true. Thanks for the laughs. Now off to the lake for a weekend of boarding w/B-i-L
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
If they continue to hurt your feet after a reasonable breakin period, you might want to try different bindings.
Old    skippy            07-09-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
Go with what Jason says, soak them in boiling water, as soon as you can stand the heat put them on, then go sit in a hot bath and when you can take the heat no more then take them off. you might have to repeat the process a few times but it does work.

good luck
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-09-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
one word ZEUS

Na really they should start come free after some riding. I'm not familar with splits but I know most bindings you can remove the screws and adjust the overlays have you tried that?
Old    patrick_o            07-09-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
thanx for the help
Old    patrick_o            07-09-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
is there anyway this could hurt my bindings.
Old    patrick_o            07-09-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
turk thanx for the constructive criticism.
Old    patrick_o            07-09-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
i dont think my overlays adjust can anyone tell me
Old    shanday            07-09-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Most bindings that I have seen taken apart have additional holes in the overlays for that very purpose of taking them apart and adjusting them to fit your feet better.
But if you don't feel comfortable taking them apart your local board shop can do it for you.
Old    patrick_o            07-09-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
ok thanx
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-10-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
Partrick, im flatfooted too, all I can say is deal with it. I get a lot of heel bruises from not having an arch, I have tried all of the bidings out there and they are all the same for me as far as footbeds. No worries on them being too tight now, they will loosen up. If they are too tight, it limits your set so others in the boat can go. Nothing I hate more than having to force someone out of the water for riding too long.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Wow guys, my liquid force bindings felt good the day I got them and are still awesome. Stop using those Hyperlite bindings that have the same material from 1993.
Old    atom_ant            07-12-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Byerly's = Best bindings Ever
Old    patrick_o            07-12-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
i dont have a big budget i paid for this board and bindings whixch was hard for me casue i had trouble findin money and got it on a trade in
Old    skippy            07-13-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
Patrick, in answer to your question. No it will not hurt your bingings ( OK so it has not hurt mine) by soaking them in boiling water. I've done it to all my various HL bindings over the years....