Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-17-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
I just wanted to thank everyone who came out for our Wakesurfing Day at Lake Elsinore, especially those that brought all the great toys for the victims of the fires!

I think we probably had about 30 people show up with at least 25 slipping into the chilly waters for a wakesurfing run. Since the day started with me pulling out of my house at 6AM in pouring rain, I was pretty stoked on the great weather we had by the time we arrived at the lake. It was warm and the water was glassy.

We'll get a photo gallery and article up soon. If you have pics that you'd like included, please forward them to gobig@wakeworld.com.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-17-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
Dave, thanks for organizing it and making sure we had plenty of sunshine It turned out to be a great day and lots of fun, and nice to meet so many new people.

Here's a pic of me enjoying the refreshing 58 degree water.

Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-17-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say thanks to Dave and everyone else who made yesterday possible. I had an awesome time. Thanks for the good times at dinner. Dan and I had a bitchin time. Let's get everyone together for a session down at San V. Shoot me an email if you want to ride this week. Also thanks to Sean J for the pulls.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-17-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
LMAO Bill! . It was nice to meet you. Thanks, David, for putting it together. Great to see some familiar faces out there, and meet some new one's too.

BTW everyone: If you are asked by Dave to start the BBQ, make sure you are current on your insurance premiums.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 17, 2003)
Old    beajackass            11-17-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yesterday was awesome. The water was cold and the drive was long but it was really worth it. Thanks to David and Bill for the rides. And if anyone found a wetsuit, my friend Kramer left his there.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-17-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
lol jeff. yes, thanks to dave for putting this together and providing grub. it was great to see everyone again.

cold water? whusses! i trunked it all day it is was balmy! o.k., i was shivering a bit...

and sean i second chris' thanks for the pulls!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-17-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
I was thoroughly impressed with the number of people that "skinned it." I'd say about 75% went without wetsuits. Crazy stuff at 58 degrees.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            11-17-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
yeah, tahnks a bunch for settin this up, it was a great day. the only bad thing is now i'm going to be out some money cuz i have yet another new toy i must purchas
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-17-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
David, thanks alot for hosting the event. Let's do it again.

Chris R, thanks for the props. I'll have to take you up on the pull at San V. Also, I think you guys left some stuff on my boat (a visor and t-shirt).

Chris Stack, thanks for the propsseconding the props. (huh?) I am planning on riding this friday, and I will be able to go at the crack of dawn. Are you game?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-17-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Sounded like you guys had a great time.
Bill, Lovely picture
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-17-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
ya sean. definitely up for that.
Old    obsurfer            11-18-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
That was the best surf in San Diego for the day! I guess we don't have to keep it a secret. Thanks Dave had a great time.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Sean / Christopher: will you boys be needing a 3rd?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
I dropped all the toys off at the Red Cross today and they were stoked. Everyone in the office kept thanking me and I felt bad taking credit for all the great toys you guys donated, so I had to bore them with the story about Wakesurfing Day. :-)
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-18-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
That gave me an idea. I don't know how much logistics would be involved (liability, organizing, etc), but how about a day where we take the victims/kids wakeboarding? Have you ever done anything like that? Just a thought.....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
They've already been burned...now you want to freeze them? :-)
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-18-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
I seriously fail to see the humor in that Dave. I am sure that all the people who lost homes, cars and firefighters to the fires fail to see it also.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-18-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
it sounded like a awesome day of wakesurfing. is there gonna be a video of the trip?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Sorry if that offended you. What I meant is that it's probably a little chilly out to organize a day to take the kids wakeboarding. I'd hate for anybody's introduction to the sport to have to happen in chilly waters under overcast skies since one of the best parts of wakeboarding is the warm water and hot sun. It's a good idea, but too bad we're heading smack dab into winter.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
William, I don't think we got any video this time around because Bill and I were both driving all day. Maybe Bill got a little bit of footage, but I think we're mostly going to be looking at pics of this one.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-18-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
No worries David, I got your point. Hence the .

Perhaps that would be something for warmer times. Maybe when summer comes you could organize a day. It doesn't have to be the fire victims, it could be for some other cause.

The addaptive ski school at Bear Mountain Ski Resort has a summer program that teaches water sports. Something like that would be cool.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2003, 10:49 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's definitely something I've thought about doing for some time. I just get so busy in the summer it's tough. Maybe we can get a group of people to put something together next summer.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-18-2003, 11:33 PM Reply   
Yeah I was too busy surfing and playing with my new digital camera to break out the video camera. I can only play with one toy at a time it seems
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-19-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
David, I would be more than game for an event like that. Keep it in the back of your mind.

Bill J, did you get any pictures of me? If so, would you mind e-mailing them to me?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-19-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Sean, I don't think I got any pics of you. Looks like we'll have to go out again real soon! When I put my boat in I drove around a little so we could get some chase boat pics but I didn't find you or Dave so we wakeboarded instead
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-21-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
I've been so freakin busy this week. This is my first chance to catch up on email and WW. Had a great time riding and meeting every body last Sunday. I have about 20+ pictures from Sunday that I will send you David. I know a lot of us trunked it but Troy made sure he was noticed in his old school dry suit. Check him out below. Found out that Troy has serious skills wakeboarding and wake surfing. Big thanks to Greg (Hyperlite) for use of the Nautique and Larry from Trick boards for showing how fun "wake skurfing" is. Larry had this wake surfboad that was basicly a wide wakeskate that was a blast surfin on. I just loved doing little surface tricks at 10 MPH not have to worry about getting slammed into the water. Larry and Troy were able to drop the rope and surf on that little thing. We all owe Greg and David boat cleaning after Sunday.
Troy WakeSurfin
Troy doing backroll

Didn't see Thane wakesurfin (Regualr footer), but his wakeboarding wasn't too bad.
Thane doing backroll