Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    aquajack            11-27-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
What makes your boat the Best Boat for You and your Family?
Why should others consider your boat for them.
Let's take the down time (for most of us) to talk positive obout their boats and what makes them so special.
Let's NOT trash talk other boats please.
Keep it constructive and informative.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-27-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
For my Tigé its space and more space. I can have a ton of people, coolers and fat sacs and still have room. People can layout comfortably and not be in the way.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-27-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Nothing special about it but works great for us, 02 VLX. Very roomy and well built, The wake is good right out of the box, add more weight and it just gets bigger.
Old    hyperryd            11-27-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
The ability to carry 1600lbs of ballast in the rear tanks and 250lbs of lead up front, two 12" subs, one 15" sub, and I still have two huge completely empty storage areas on each side of the motor that boards and gear can fit into. There is nothing visible to trip or step over. '04 B-52.
Old    walt            11-27-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
It was cheap so I was able to pay cash for it.

It only had 50 hours on it.

The wake may be as good or better than some new high $$$ boats.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-27-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
It still looks like its 2-3 years old, even though its 16 years old, its in great condition and an ok I/O wake.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-27-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
its mine
Old    sprucie            11-27-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
It fulfills a childhood dream. Plus I like it.

The design and power.
Old    pjmicklos            11-27-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
Jack,

I love the storage and space in my 22i r. No ski's, coolers, ropes on the floor. In Pittsburgh, we have fireword displays that are spectacular. I can generally take out 8-10 people comfortably. The food sits on the engine and we make a night of it. We went down to the point and listened to Chicago one night and Springsteen on another occasion. I have storage for everything. The 102" beam makes an unbelievable difference. Because of the weight of the boat, and the fact that it is a deeper V than your typical ski boat, it takes the rough water well. This is the most important part - My wife doesn't get bounced around in this boat. She enjoys the days much more. I am not a great skier or boarder, however, I enjoy both. This boat has a wake that allows me to do both. In Pittsburgh, I've only seen two other Tiges'in the last two summers. One was from Dallas. I like being a little different. So far the inboard Merc has been great. Until now, my MC and CC have used Indmar and Pleasure Craft and they were terrific. I purchased my first boat in 1984. This is my first Merc. I hope that is positive enough for you.
Old     (deltajake)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2003, 12:33 AM Reply   
It is all mine! Do not owe the bank a DIME. Nothing beats being on the water listening to tunes.

Scott, I work for a Plumbing wholesaler in the Bay Area. Do you work for a shop or own your own? I may know the company.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-28-2003, 12:35 AM Reply   
I work for chris wilson plumbing
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-28-2003, 5:05 AM Reply   
what's special about my boat is all the time and swet i've put into it to make it look and work great, it's not a fancy one, but it's unique.
Also great for riding and sailing...
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-28-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
1988 "2001"
1. paid for!!
2. great wake !!
3. great being on the water.
4. did i mention paid for?
5.the interior on the 86 and newer "2001" is miles better than older ones. no storage ,but who really cares
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-28-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
1990 Sanger DXII W/96 interior.
It's mine.
Paid for.
Always gets looks.
Awesome wake.
Super Clean.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       11-28-2003, 11:57 PM Reply   
it says X on the side
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-29-2003, 1:01 AM Reply   
2003 VLX

#1 Wake
#2 System B U M P S
#3 PaidFor
#4 Can take it out anytime I want (its my dads, if you want to get technical, but I get it whenever
Old    jbf            11-29-2003, 2:32 AM Reply   
absolutely nothing but it does the job.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-29-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
It's Purple, o wait, thats what sucks about it. I'm 19 and have a paid for 94 MC Prostar 205. Ever since I saw my first MC when I was eight years old, i've wanted one. And, now I got one!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-29-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
03 V210
Unique where I live
Fit and finish
Sleek looks
Wrap around seating
Totally hidden ballast
Driveability
Wake
Sounds
Paid for!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-29-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
1995 SeaRay Ski Ray
- Decent wakeboard boat
- Very fast with a 200EFI merc
- Great hole shot
- BEST IS - paid for!
(I'm selling it in the spring)

2004 - 22R Riders Edition
- Amazing wake
- Tons of storage
- Tons of seating
- One great wakeboard boat!
Old     (monboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-29-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
1987 Ski Nautique 2001. My first boat; Starts everytime; Looks sharp; easy to work on; Great wake for skiing and boarding; makes me smile everytime I look at it; and Jack, if you remember, I bought it from you!
Old    svfara            12-01-2003, 6:16 AM Reply   
2004 Svfara SV609
Love the wake for both boarding and skiing
Unbelievable fit & finish
Vinyl is so luxurious
Interior layout (good use of space)
Walk over front bow / forward facing bench bow seat
(cool idea, more storage + keeps interior warmer on those cool days!)
I LOVE the color: red & grey (not a spec of white anywhere)
I really like driving it, I call if my ferrari on water :-)
I like being different!

Now I just gotta get the trailer painted to match the boat :-)

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-02-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
It's mine and it's paid for.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
A Pimp A$$ stereo system, a bank of lights so you can surf till 2 AM, and a custom 5 bag ballast system that can disperse over 2000 pounds at all ends of the boat in less than 5 minutes. Go from a wakeboarder to a surfer....not problem. Go from regular to goofy...no problem, just a flip of a switch and you are ready to go by the time the rider is in the water. By far the most useful and time saving product I have ever put in a boat.

Oh yeah, a 2003 Tige 22V that is paid for!
Old    aquajack            12-03-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Chris, I did not recognize your screen name at first, But yes I did. How is school going?
Glad to see it still does what you want it to....
Have a great holiday Chris...
Oh yeah, not to be rude, everyone else enjoy the holidays for that matter.
Old     (monboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-04-2003, 4:18 AM Reply   
Jack, all is well in VA. I actually switched school districts so I could be closer to a lake (Anna) and use the boat a little more. It's been a good move so far. I'm flirting with the idea of putting a tower on the boat, any suggestions? I also want to add some more sounds to it. Good talking to you and next time I'm in PA I might stop by the shop; I'm in the market for some new bindings.
Old    aquajack            12-04-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
chris, I changed my email (see the profile)As far as goodies go, come buy and I'll hook you up or I can send you whatever you need. No Problem. Chris, while I love towers and think a tower would be sweet, if you want to preserve your resale to a broader market, do not add a tower on the ski nautique, just use a BFI flyhigh, that way if you resell it a true skier they will still be able to buy it and put it in their garage without having non-wakeboarder issues. JMHO
Old    foobysmacker            12-05-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
I've been on opposite ends of the spectrum this year so I'll give you my perspective on my current boat as well as the things that were still great about my old one.

Sanger V210
1 - sick wake
2 - fun as hell to drive
3 - don't owe a penny on it

'78 Marlin I/O 21' open bow - inherited in pretty marginal condition
1 - still gets me the hell away from posting on this site and out on the water
2 - my kids love it just the same - they just love getting up and having fun
3 - paid for (many times over if you count repairs and maintenance!)

Old    dliguori            12-12-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Old boat was a piece, just for tooling around, went about 20 mph with three people in it. Once when waiting in line to launch I took a picture of a nice mid 90's MC and told my self that one day I would own a boat of that caliber. Now I do!