Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    tammy            09-18-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Our delta local, Cory will be in the masters division, good luck old man!

Also wanted to wish all those who are planning on going "Good Luck"

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Good luck, Cory!
Old    sickboy            09-18-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Rip it up Cory!!

Where are the nationals this year, are they finally in Ca?
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       09-18-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Awesome Cory!! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for sure. Good Luck!!
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-18-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
Cory, break a leg! Uh, no, wait, I didn't mean that. Go big. Don't break anything.

JR
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'll be going because my little brother Kevin Bird will also be representing the delta competing in the outlaw division
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-18-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Tear it up Cory.......... don't forget to take your teeth out before your ride, you don't want those bad boys popping out while you are riding, it will make you lose your focus : )
Old    wakelvr            09-18-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Cory,

GOOD LUCK!!!! Tear it up!!!!
Old    aka Bradley Beach            09-18-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
There will be 4 of us traveling out there from the great state of KANSAS! One is wakeboarding and kneeboarding and all of us are in the slalom division too! We can't wait, leaving on Tuesday!
Old     (elisa)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-18-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Good Luck Cory!!

One less thumb joint will give you an edge on the competition :-)
Old    deltahoosier            09-18-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
You mean I get to hang out with a stud like you, Cory?!!! Awesome job!!! Everyone is proud of you, so, you better not blow it....

Just teasing! Good Luck Cory.
Old    piglet69            09-18-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
INT? I dont even know what that means, but good luck anyway LOL
Old    tammy            09-18-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
KState: 5 and a half 32mph, 15' off, VERY NICE! good luck next weekend.

Mark they are Bakersfield this year.
Arun you kill me!
JR, you should know by now, its never legs with Cory only arms.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Tammy, do you know the times of each of the days for the wakeboarding events? I have a couple of those days off and since I live in Bakersfield, I would like to try to make it.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
How do you get to compete?? Do you have to win your class??
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
Alright Cory! Rip it up, dude! I know you'll be serving it up big time! Show all them folks how it's done in NorCal!
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-18-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Good Luck, Cory-Sun! John and I will never forget the first trick 90 surface to faceplant years ago. Cory try this,,,okay..... Bring Ol' Yella just for good luck.
Old    tammy            09-18-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
Hi Brandon, I'm not sure of the times. I will try and find out. they are running 2 lakes, wakeboarding has one so I'm sure it will be going on all day.

Yes you have to win your class to go.
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       09-18-2003, 1:19 PM Reply   
Good Luck Cory. I like Aruns Advice.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-18-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Good luck to everybody going to the US Championships in Bakersfield this year

Brandon/Cassandra K check out www.intleague.com

Tammy one lake will be for skiing and the other will be for wakeboarding and kneeboarding. You really need to watch the outlaw kneeboarders they are crazy and will put on a good show
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
When do the wakeboarders ride?? All 4 days or two or what?? I looked at the website and didn't see anything.
Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
GOOD LUCK CORY!!!
I RODE WITH DAVE AND HIS WIFE LAST WEEK.
HE SAID YOUVE BEEN TEARING IT UP AS OF LATE. A CLEAN 360 AND YOUR RUN WILL BE ALL GRAVY.
GOOD LUCK TO JENNIFER AS WELL.

(Message edited by PEEEJAY on September 18, 2003)
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-18-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
PJ - your personal quote is hilarious
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-18-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
congrats and good luck cory! im sure you'll tear it up.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-18-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
Most importantly HAVE FUN!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-18-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Good Luck Cory,
Smoke everyone in your path!!
Alan Bogdanoff
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
Good luck Cory!! but... I didn't know that INT let Nuts ride in the comps. They must of changed the rules. BTW I don't think you will be able to bribe the judge with a $20. So ride your ass off.
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-21-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Usually the running order will be announced the evening before if you check in then or first thing in the morning at the 8:00am or so riders meeting. Riders will ride days 1 and 2, day 3 is for the top three riders in each division. The wakeboard lake will be running 2 divisions at a time. ie: one boat will pull Jr. Novice and when that rider is done the second boat will take off with maybe Novice. (these are examples only). Usually the "boat" change will take place for ballast at the Men's Advanced division. Then at Expert and Outlaw more weight will be added.
My son has rode at the "nationals" for 3 years and this is what the "running orders" have been like in the past. Last year we got the running order about a week before going, a "friend" from Arkansas e-mailed it to us. Don't know how he got it, but it sure came in handy. Hey, why not e-mail your state cord. or the headquarters. (they have probably already left though).
Texas didn't have an INT this year. So ya'll, "Let er rip"!
Old     (barefooter12)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-21-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
Is anybody going boarding in Bakersfield before the comp?
Old    mike_riffle            09-21-2003, 11:07 PM Reply   
To answer some questions, I am in Bakersfield and spent Saturday putting up the announcing tower and spent today in meetings. The lakes are pretty awsome and better yet the weather has been 95 and sunny. I think everyone will have a great time at the new site. As for the running order, we have it and its to much for me to post, but hopefully everyone has the cell numbers of their coordinators. If you have any questions I will try to check the web site tomorrow night and I will try to answer your questions then. I will tell you that we will take the top four for the Saturday championship round. Later

Thanks
Mike & Suan Riffle
Kansas INT
Midwest District Coordinators
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
Kewl, top 4 riders! Thing about having the Nationals in Texas, it's hurricane season...All kinds of "weather" happens around Houston and the Gulf right now. Bumping the comp up 2 weeks is a good thing.
Ya'll have fun, and remember, you boarded your best all summer against your competition at the state level to get where your at. Whether you are 1st or 21st, hold your head up, this is just for FUN. You will be no better or worse after it's all over. (Just a little "broker".
Old    norcal_99            09-28-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
Hey Cory, How did you finish?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-29-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
Where was Cory? He never showed up.
Old    couchboy_wake            10-04-2003, 12:33 AM Reply   
What did everyone think about the lake?
I was in MN riding and filming all summer. I come home after being gone the whole summer and see that INT Nats are on the lake 2 down from mine. I was stoked. I know our lakes are shallow but for CA its not to bad eh?

Brennan
www.couchboys.com
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Mike the INT state cord. of Kansas (see above) made a post on www.wakeboard.com concerning the wakeboard lake. (several other people also)...It was too shallow and if INT goes back next year the lake will be drained and dug about 2 feet deeper. The other lake was good though. He said everyone had a good time and the location was good.