Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (KGar11)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
This looks amazing. The best themed boat I've seen in a while. TIGE

http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/201...rding-tige-z3/
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-15-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
Wow.. that boat looks amazing..
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
very understated and classy...lol. just not my style i guess.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-15-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
Looks pretty cool. What drivers seat is that? I've never seen that one before! Looks like a recliner!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
rode it last week on clear lake its pretty sick. it also has a super gnarly surf wave
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-15-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
I don't understand why that boat needs 4 rev 10s, the design itself is LOUD!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-15-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
when are we going to see a wake pic of this thing once and for all?
Old    mojo            03-15-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
The question is, why doesn't it need them?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-15-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
^^^^hahahahaha^^^^^^
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-16-2012, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
when are we going to see a wake pic of this thing once and for all?
I'm sure you will see one soon enough.Sooner than the new X-Star.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-16-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Here's a video with some wakeshots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EoVp...32FAAAAAAAACAA
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Man it looks like papa smurf vomitted up a blueberry pie all over that thing. I like daves WW Z3 so much better.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-16-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
Man it looks like papa smurf vomitted up a blueberry pie all over that thing. I like daves WW Z3 so much better.
Most of it is decals.The new poseidon mat inside is the bomb.Also the industry leading 4RCE wake/surf board racks and best view around 4rce 180 degree view fold down mirror.That custom seat is Awesome too.Truely a 1 of a kind boat.It may not be for you,but i'm sure there's plenty of wakeworlders out there that would love to own this beauty just as it is.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
No way robert. The Z3 is a sick boat, no doubt. The wrap is what looks hideous to me. I like the boat, I like what Tige is doing and how they revealed their new flagship without all this hype like mc and nautique is doing. They just built a new boat, threw it on the water, and let it speak for itself. respect.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-16-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
No way robert. The Z3 is a sick boat, no doubt. The wrap is what looks hideous to me. I like the boat, I like what Tige is doing and how they revealed their new flagship without all this hype like mc and nautique is doing. They just built a new boat, threw it on the water, and let it speak for itself. respect.
Point taken.Sorry if i misunderstood your original post.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-17-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
no prob. I should have been more specific. it looks like papa smurf vomitted all over the OUTSIDE of that thing. I think its hideous. No disrespect to Tige or the people who picked that wrap, I just don't get it. Same goes with the Humanoid wrapped A22. Stoked humanoid chose axis for their team boat, just bummed out cuz the cream colored wrap does not look very good, makes the boat look dirty and old, and does not really reflect some of the awesome graphics that humanoid has on their boards. Daves WW machine is nice and clean and can appeal to most... heres to hoping that the 2 axis A22's that Liquid Force is wrapping turns out well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-17-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Liquid Force has always made the Supras look good in the past.So i see no reason they can't do a good job with Axis!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-18-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
rode it last week on clear lake its pretty sick. it also has a super gnarly surf wave
JB, what was your honest, unbiased, opinion of the wake? How much weight did you add? Get any filming done?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Like the wrap, not a fan of the interior.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
And the reason the Z3 was released without fanfare is because, to be honest, a new Tige is no big news like a new flagship from Nautique or Mastercraft.

And whether the product "will speak for itself" remains to be seen.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-18-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
no pic of wake yet......
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-18-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
And the reason the Z3 was released without fanfare is because, to be honest, a new Tige is no big news like a new flagship from Nautique or Mastercraft.

And whether the product "will speak for itself" remains to be seen.
Wow! Lots of folks are pretty excited about the new Z3.. Myself included. Several have sold since the boat show in my area..
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
Have no doubt about people being excited about the boat looks legit. But I'm sick of these people who feel the need to bash CC or MC at every convenience, so I'll say it...."new Tige...? Who cares?" That is why there is no hype, no fanfare, no threads with 250 responses, and no one outside of a few guys who helped design the surf wake who think the release of the Z3 compares to a new Star or flagship SAN. Hell, the new F24 will have more people drooling than this.

Nothing against Tige, just sick of big-three hating.
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-18-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Have no doubt about people being excited about the boat looks legit. But I'm sick of these people who feel the need to bash CC or MC at every convenience, so I'll say it...."new Tige...? Who cares?" That is why there is no hype, no fanfare, no threads with 250 responses, and no one outside of a few guys who helped design the surf wake who think the release of the Z3 compares to a new Star or flagship SAN. Hell, the new F24 will have more people drooling than this.

Nothing against Tige, just sick of big-three hating.
Your sick of folks bashing the big 3 but you just bashed Tige in a thread discussing the new Transworld Tige Z3. Why would you do that? Nobody in this thread bashed the big 3.. Your opinion about the New Tige ? Who Cares ? NO Hype NO fanfare. There's plenty of Hype, Fanfare and excitement in my neck of the woods. I love most boats, Boating and just being out on the water. Wakeworld of late has really turned me off with guys stepping in on threads with opinions that they know will just stir up reactions and piss folks off. Your opinion is not my reality!!!!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
One reference to MC and CC hyping their releases and one mention about the new XStar not being released before Z3 wake pics. Guys taking cheap shots gonna get them sent back.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-18-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Troy: I was the one who referenced MC and nautique about their hyped flagship release. I REFERENCED that those 2 companies are hyping the release of their new boats = FACT. not a cheap shot. Not bashing. Not hating. Not saying they should not do it. Not saying it was wrong. Not saying ONE thing negative about their choices on how to reveal their new boats. Just stating the fact, followed by a compliment to Tige for the way they revealed their new boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-18-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
One reference to MC and CC hyping their releases and one mention about the new XStar not being released before Z3 wake pics. Guys taking cheap shots gonna get them sent back.
Someone kicked sand in your face at the beach.That's my guess.I bet your scared to go test drive a Tige because you'll have to go back and tell your buddies your leaving the fold.There are plenty of wake pics out on the Z3.I'll make sure i get some for you as some friends of mine just bought one.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Troy: I was the one who referenced MC and nautique about their hyped flagship release. I REFERENCED that those 2 companies are hyping the release of their new boats = FACT. not a cheap shot. Not bashing. Not hating. Not saying they should not do it. Not saying it was wrong. Not saying ONE thing negative about their choices on how to reveal their new boats. Just stating the fact, followed by a compliment to Tige for the way they revealed their new boat.
Fair enough! And nothing against Tige, I'd roll in a Tige anyday.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-18-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Someone kicked sand in your face at the beach.That's my guess.I bet your scared to go test drive a Tige because you'll have to go back and tell your buddies your leaving the fold.There are plenty of wake pics out on the Z3.I'll make sure i get some for you as some friends of mine just bought one.
Tige makes a good boat, don't get me wrong, as a CC man there is just nothing about Tige that excites me. Also, as a man who appreciates the finer things in life, I like my toys both awe-inspiring and ridiculously expensive. Tige does not of these things.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-18-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Tige makes a good boat, don't get me wrong, as a CC man there is just nothing about Tige that excites me. Also, as a man who appreciates the finer things in life, I like my toys both awe-inspiring and ridiculously expensive. Tige does not of these things.
Which CC do you own?Which Tige's do you think aren't comparable?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-18-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
also, as a man who appreciates the finer things in life, I like my toys both awe-inspiring and ridiculously expensive. Tige does not of these things.
This sounds like something LON would say
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-19-2012, 6:31 AM Reply   
Have a 210. I am currently looking to upgrade to something bigger. Either a 230 or a X-25, however, am excited about what CC will unveil here shortly. Will also consider the new Star assuming the wake is excellent. As an engineer I will agree I am overly picky about some things and like my boats overbuilt. CC and MC IMO meet this criteria.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have a 210. I am currently looking to upgrade to something bigger. Either a 230 or a X-25, however, am excited about what CC will unveil here shortly. Will also consider the new Star assuming the wake is excellent. As an engineer I will agree I am overly picky about some things and like my boats overbuilt. CC and MC IMO meet this criteria.
Obviously you haven't done all your research.I would suggest you go to Abilene Texas and tour the factory.You will be impressed at how "OVER BUILT" Tige's are.You will also be impressed they use the same quality Vinyl as CC and MC.Tige's hulls are built just as thick or thicker than the others.They are also the only manufacturer to offer a lifetime hull free replacement warranty.They have the "Best Warranty" in the industry.You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover.Of course you could just go online to Tige.com.They at least have their Full warranty online you don't have to download a PDF of a owners manual to get the real story.That leads us back to the Demo,if you go educate yourself about a Tige you will see it can out perform any wakeboat out there.You may not get people to bow down when you mention the name Tige,but they will love to come back out for another ride with you.Not to mention all the people on your lake will point out and talk about the best looking boat on the lake is yours.Several of our friends have bought Tige's after riding in ours.One of our friends is trading in his MC.Go figure?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover
C'mon man. Why say something like that unless you go pull the actual warranty language from all 3 companies, post it up, and compare it. Just making some over the top comment like that, without any factual support, is pretty rediculous.

Maybe Tige's warranty is superior. I don't know. Why don't you educate all of us and actually give us the facts. Kudos to Tige if they do offer a much better warranty.

Speaking of Kudos, Kudos is a 1.07 oz (28 g) milk chocolate granola cereal bar produced by Mars, Incorporated. It is currently offered in four varieties: M&Ms, chocolate chip, Snickers, and peanut butter.

When initially launched in 1986, there were three varieties: chocolate chip, nutty fudge and peanut butter. The original formulation of the bar was much more candy bar-like, with less focus on the granola, although the original intention was still to offer a healthier candy bar alternative. The Kudos bar was not just made as a granola bar but also as a candy type too, having M&Ms and chocolate all over the bar.

The original slogan was "Kudos, I'm yours!"

In 2006, Kudos won American Culinary ChefsBest Best Taste Award.

Last edited by chattwake; 03-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-19-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
C'mon man. Why say something like that unless you go pull the actual warranty language from all 3 companies, post it up, and compare it. Just making some over the top comment like that, without any factual support, is pretty rediculous.

Maybe Tige's warranty is superior. I don't know. Why don't you educate all of us and actually give us the facts. Kudos to Tige if they do offer a much better warranty.

Speaking of Kudos, Kudos is a 1.07 oz (28 g) milk chocolate granola cereal bar produced by Mars, Incorporated. It is currently offered in four varieties: M&Ms, chocolate chip, Snickers, and peanut butter.

When initially launched in 1986, there were three varieties: chocolate chip, nutty fudge and peanut butter. The original formulation of the bar was much more candy bar-like, with less focus on the granola, although the original intention was still to offer a healthier candy bar alternative. The Kudos bar was not just made as a granola bar but also as a candy type too, having M&Ms and chocolate all over the bar.

The original slogan was "Kudos, I'm yours!"

In 2006, Kudos won American Culinary ChefsBest Best Taste Award.
I like the proactive approach with the definition of Kudos Chattwake! It's safe to say that anything you post on here must also include detailed facts to back it up. Blanket statements or opinions that are not clearly defined as opinion are generally not allowed or appreciated...IMO.

That being said, IMO Tige has a great warranty. Their Service 360 Plus is a great added benefit and one that is not offered by anyone else (I don't believe...According to the MC sales rep when I was boat shopping, it is not offered by anyone, Tige included.)

Here is the basic Tige warranty outline:

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Are any aspects of Tige's warranty / unlimited 360 service plan optional, or are they all standard?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are any aspects of Tige's warranty / unlimited 360 service plan optional, or are they all standard?
That warranty is standard on every model except the R20.The only reason i don't post up the information i've obtained is i'm not as computer savy as you young bucks.LOL I'm just a old Fart who knows a thing or two about a thing or two.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Here is what I pulled from Correct Craft's website:

Quote:
NAUTIQUE LIMITED WARRANTY

(Nautique Boats as Originally Manufactured by Correct Craft)
The Nautique warranty is backed by a tradition of boat building experience since 1925.

Lifetime Limited Warranty:
Correct Craft, Inc, exclusive manufacturer of Nautique, and also referred to as Nautique herein, warrants to the original user or
purchaser, whoever comes first, of each new Nautique boat, that the deck, hull, and stringer system as originally manufactured by
Correct Craft, shall under normal authorized use remain free from structural defect in material and workmanship. For purposes of this
warranty, the terms “Correct Craft” and its Trademark “Nautique” are used interchangeably to refer to Correct Craft, Inc, exclusive
manufacturer of Nautique brand boats.

Transferable Lifetime Limited Warranty:
In addition, Nautique offers a Transferable Lifetime Limited Warranty against structural defect of the deck, hull and stringer
system as detailed in the Lifetime Limited Warranty above. This policy may be transferred for a nominal fee to the second (2nd)
purchaser during a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery to the original user or purchaser. See owner’s manual for proper
form.

Exception: The "Lifetime" and "Transferable" warranties do not cover the gelcoat nor any other components fastened or applied to
the hull or deck. Gel coat discoloration, blisters, or bubbles and cracks are not considered structural defects.

Boat Five (5) Year Transferable Limited Warranty:

Nautique warrants to the original user or purchaser, whichever comes first, that each new Nautique boat, as originally
manufactured by Correct Craft, shall under normal authorized use be free of defect in material and workmanship for a period of five
(5) years from the date of delivery.

Additional policies: Upholstery fiveyear coverage (3-year parts & labor; 2- year parts); Instrumentation including gauges five-year coverage (3-year parts & labor; 2- year parts); Audio and LINC System three-year coverage.

The remaining portion of this warranty covering PARTS (no labor), may be transferred for a nominal fee to the second (2nd) purchaser during a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery. See owner’s manual for proper form.

Gel Coat Three (3) Year Non-transferable Limited Warranty:

Nautique warrants to the original user or purchaser, whichever comes first, of each new Nautique boat that the gel coat, under
normal authorized use, shall remain free from defect in material and workmanship (including cracks not caused by negligence,
impact or collision) for a period of three (3) years from date of delivery. NOTE: Gel coat maintenance is the owner’s responsibility.

Engine/Power Train Warranty: For details see Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Co., owner’s manual.
All Warranty Repairs Must Be Performed In The Country Of Purchase (warranty will not be honored in cross international
border purchases)

Exceptions: This “Nautique Limited Warranty” shall not apply to…

• Any Nautique boat which has been used at any time for commercial or racing purposes, as a demonstrator or in a
promotional program, ski school or ski show.
• Normal maintenance of boat, or any component thereof, including but not limited to vinyl care, alignment,
adjustments, connectors, saltwater/brackish water corrosion, and wear items including, but not limited to, non-skid
material, battery, bushings, packing material, bulbs, seals, gaskets, impellers, carpet backing.
• Gelcoat finish or colorfastness of gelcoat finish, blisters, chrome plated, anodized or aluminum finish or
colorfastness or fading of finish, on carpet or vinyl.
• Damage or malfunction of a boat, or any component thereof, resulting from owner use, lack of maintenance, improper
maintenance, impact, misuse, negligence, collision, delay of repair (unless specifically and directly authorized by the Nautique
warranty department in writing), trailer or trailer design, improper or inadequate trailering or cradling of the boat.
• Any addition, modification or repair of the boat, or any component thereof, caused by, resulting from or in
connection with any party other than Nautique or any defect or product failure caused by, resulting from or in connection
with any such addition, modification or repair.
• Any Nautique boat which has been repossessed or sold through an auction house.
• Any and all consequential damages including, but not limited to, costs incurred for haul-out, launching, towing, and
storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconveniences, or loss of time or income.

Any defect or damage covered by this warranty shall, at the discretion of Nautique be repaired free of charge at an authorized dealership
or service facility. Repairs will be warranted only for the remainder of the original warranty period. Transportation and/or labor to and
from the point of repair will be the responsibility of the owner.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Seems like CC's warranty provides greater coverage in some areas (extra 2 years parts coverage for upholstry) than Tige does, but it seems that Tige's gelcoat warranty may be a bit better than CC's. In either event, CC's warranty appears to be comparable to what Tige offers. I certainly don't view Tige's warranty as being superior overall. If I have time, I'll pull MC's.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Here's tige's actual warranty info that I pulled from its site. Robert, perhaps you should open your owner's manual and read the actual warranty applicable to your boat before you start making comments....
Attached Images

Last edited by chattwake; 03-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Two things that jump out at me after reviewing the details of Tiges' warranty are: (1) Tige only offers one year parts & labor, and then you are stuck paying for labor after one year of ownership; and (2) swim platforms are not covered.

My observations are based only on what I attached above, which was extremely hard to find on-line. Obviously, there may be additional terms that I am not aware of, or the warranty may have been revised. If there is something more recent out there explaining the scope of Tige's warranty, please feel free to post it up.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Here's what I pulled from Mastercraft's site:

Quote:
2. Limited Warranty and Term. MasterCraft Boat Company, LLC. (“MasterCraft”) warrants to the original retail purchaser that the following components
of each new boat shall be free from material defects in materials and workmanship to the extent set forth below, under normal use and when operated and maintained in accordance with MasterCraft’s instructions, for the period indicated:

2.1. Deck, Hull, Liner and Stringers. From the date of the original retail purchase, the deck, hull, liner and stringer system (collectively, “Structural Components”) is warranted for as long as the original purchaser owns the boat.

2.2. Gel Coat. On condition that the consumer has provided maintenance and care as described in the Corrosion and Cleaning the Boat sections of the MasterCraft Owner’s Manual, the gel coat, which is applied to all MasterCraft boats at the factory, will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from
the date of the original retail purchase of the boat or the initial use of the boat, whichever first occurs, for stress crazing of the gel coat. However, no warranty is
provided, and MasterCraft expressly disclaims any warranty for, scratching, discoloration or fading of the gel coat because environmental operating conditions and customer maintenance/care are factors that have a significant effect on the condition and durability of the gel coat.

2.3. Other Component Parts (Excluding Engine and Transmission. MasterCraft provides the following warranty for other component
parts of your MasterCraft boat:

(a) Instrumentation is warranted for three (3) years, except depth finders and Zero Off;
(b) marine carpeting for five (5) years;
(c) upholstery vinyl material for five (5) years, plus upholstery stitching for one (1) year; and
(d) fuel pump assembly for two (2) years provided the customer follows maintenance and care requirements.
All other components (excluding engine and transmission), including upholstery stitching, are warranted for a period of one (1) year. All
warranties are from the date of the original retail purchase of the boat or the initial use of the boat, whichever first occurs.

2.4. Trailer and Trailer Component Parts. MasterCraft trailers have their own Limited Warranty Statement, which can be found in the MasterCraft
Trailer Owner’s Manual that accompanies trailers as they are delivered.

Warranty Period. All express warranties are for the time period set forth in this Section 2, unless a longer warranty period is required by applicable law, in which case such longer warranty period will apply.

3. Engine and Transmission. The engines used in MasterCraft boats are supplied by ILMORMARINE L.L.C., in Mooresville, North Carolina (“ILMORMARINE”); or Volkswagen Marine Engines in Tampa, Florida (“Volkswagen Marine”).

These companies provide a separate warranty of three (3) years from the date of the original retail purchase of the boat or the initial use of the boat, whichever first occurs, for the engine and transmission. A statement of the Indmar Power Train Warranty, ILMORMARINE Limited Warranty or the Volkswagen Marine Warranty is provided separately to the original retail purchaser.

MasterCraft provides no independent warranty with regard to the engine and transmission; however, the owner may contact MasterCraft at the address or telephone number listed in Section 7 of this Limited Warranty to obtain contact information for making claims or inquiries under the applicable engine manufacturer’s warranty. Contact information for Volkswagen Marine is provided in the warranty statement provided at the time of purchase to the original retail purchaser.

4. Warranty Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions.
MasterCraft boats are manufactured by trained craftspersons from high-quality materials and components. However, conditions outside MasterCraft’s control require specific limitations on, and exclusions from, coverage under this Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty on the Structural Components set forth in Section 2 of this Warranty does not cover or include any other components fastened or applied to the hull or deck. This Limited Warranty constitutes the final, complete and exclusive statement of warranty terms, and no other person or entity is authorized to make any other warranties or representations on behalf of MasterCraft. Furthermore, the Limited Warranty set forth in Section 2 (including all subsections) hereof does not cover the following:
(a) damage caused by misuse, negligence, accident; collision or impact with any object;
(b) damage caused by any improper alteration or modification to the boat or any of its component parts or accessories, including damage resulting from alteration, modification, repair or replacement in such a way as to increase the cubicinch capacity or horsepower output of the engine and boat as originally manufactured;
(c) damage caused by the use of improper or contaminated fuel or fluids;
(d) damage caused by the use of customerapplied chemicals or accidental spills;
(e) damage caused by failure to maintain the boat in accordance with the maintenance provisions in the Owner’s Manual or improper maintenance of the boat;
(f) damage caused by the failure to comply with any recall or request for repair;
(g) damage resulting from the use of the boat for any racing, speed, commercial competition or performance demonstration;
(h) damage resulting from use of the boat for rental, commercial or industrial purposes;
(i) damage to hardware and other components fastened or adhered to the hull, deck or liner;
(j) damage caused by fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, explosion, lightning, wind, hail storms, flooding or other natural disaster;
(k) damage to any component parts and accessories not manufactured by MasterCraft, including but not limited to, the engine, drivetrain, transmission,
propeller, shift and throttle control levers and cables, pumps, blowers, windshields, canvas, upholstery, tower and accessories, instrumentation and steering
systems; however, such items may be warranted by the individual manufacturer, and if possible, MasterCraft will provide the owner with a copy of the
manufacturer’s warranty:
(l) damage caused by use of any non-MasterCraft trailer;
(m) damage caused by improper support of the boat on davits, hoist system or boat lift of any kind;
(n) damage to paints, varnishes, gel coat surfaces and colors, chrome-plated or anodized finishes, floor and floor covers and any other surface coatings, as
well as damage due to in-water storage without proper barrier coat and bottom paints (NOTE: Although MasterCraft uses the highest-grade gel coat materials,
a condition may develop where the bottom of the boat may show signs of discoloration and/or blisters if the boat is left in the water for long periods
of time, which is defined as in excess of thirty (30) days); therefore, a proper barrier coat and bottom paint should be used whenever it is anticipated that
the boat will be left in the water for an extended period of time);
(o) damage to the trailer and its parts or components due to abrasions, rock chips, rust, improper care or maintenance, or use in salt or brackish water; however, the finishes of galvanized trailers, which are designed for use in salt or brackish water, are warranted to be free from damage resulting from use in salt or brackish water for one (1) year from the date of the original retail purchase or the initial use of the trailer, whichever first occurs;
(p) damage caused by dealer-installed options or accessories;
(q) damage caused by consumer-installed options or accessories; and/or
(r) all warranty coverage will expire after ninety (90) days on boats used for commercial purposes.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
It appears that MC's warranty covers parts & labor for the entire warranty period for the original owner. Hopefully someone can chime in here and confirm if this correct.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-19-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
The most aggravating part of any boat thread on here is how a good percentage of owners are completely blind to anything good unless it falls under the specific brand they own. Why not appreciate the pluses in every line, and cut the crap talk and blindness to any shortcomings with your brand of choice? I love Nautiques, but I won't blindly defend them either.

Tige impresses the crap out of me, but they still are a step below CC & MC for fit, finish, and materials in my eyes. They are a good bit cheaper though too. It's all relative...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
It appears that MC's warranty covers parts & labor for the entire warranty period for the original owner. Hopefully someone can chime in here and confirm if this correct.
Look at the exclusions.Your a lawyer.you would have a field day with that amount of exclusions.Not to mention the duration of each coverage is shorter.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-19-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
It looks like the general warranty period for MC is 1 year parts and labor, except for the items they specifically call out as having a longer term.

I would imagine all of these manufacturers who sell similar boats are aware of the warranty coverages of their competitors. After briefly reading each of the above, IMO they are all pretty close. I can't see the warranty differences between these 3 being the deciding factor or even a benefit except for maybe the Tige 360 Service Plus. I think if you cost out what that covers though it's such a drop in the bucket that it really doesn't matter. It did give me a nice warm feeling about my boat but that could have just been my wallet burning!

***As an additional reminder, the comments above were stated (whether noted or not) 'In My Opinion'.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-19-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Why do self proclaimed "best built, highest quality" boat companies have the longest warranties? Tige, MC, and CC claim to be of the highest quality, if true, why do they even need a warranty for the things that they build. Yes, offer a warranty on the driveline, throttle, guages and steering systems because those things are built by someone else. But hull structure, gelcoats, interior, towers, etc... are built in house. If these are the best, then prove it by not offering a warranty at all and see how well your company does over the next 5-10 years. If you are the best, you will have no problems with your boats and will have an increase in customers.

the "lower quality" boats have less warranty coverage but still sell a ton of boats. Off hand I can tell you that Axis does not provide a warranty as good as the big 3 or Tige, but they are selling boats like crazy. 3 years into the project is too soon to tell for sure, but they are bu backed machines and are holding up very well so far.

I would love to see this ad from Mastercraft:

"Our boats are built the best, by the best, with the best materials and processes. So you do not need a warranty. Mastercraft. Respect"
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
Whether you want to believe it or not, you pay for the warranty. Ever buy a hot water heater and you can get one with a 2 year warranty for $279 but the 10 year one is $500 and looks exactly the same? It is the same, you're paying for the warranty. LOL
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
My point was simply that MC does not appear to modify its coverages by utilizing a hybrid labor + materials vs. materials w/o labor warranty coverage.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
I believe Axis has a 3 year engine warranty, 1 year parts and labor bow to stern warranty, and a 2 year parts only bow to stern warranty. I'll try to find the fine print. Yes, it's less than what the big 3 offer.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
While this goes beyond the scope of what Robert brought up in his comment about how MC and CC's warranties are supposedly inferior to Tige's, in light of a comment by another poster above, here is the Axis warranty info:

Quote:
Lifetime Limited Hull Warranty:
What is covered?
The Lifetime Limited Hull Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any hull, deck, floor, liner or stringer supplied by Axis Wake Research that is structurally defective in material or workmanship.
These warranty repairs or adjustments may be made by your Axis Dealership or Axis Wake Research using new or remanufactured parts. The location of any repair or adjustment will be made at the discretion of Axis Wake Research.
Axis Wake Research or its authorized dealer will repair or replace, at Axis's option, any boat or portion thereof proven to its satisfaction to be defective during its warranty period.
EXCEPTION:
The Lifetime Limited Hull Warranty does not cover the gel coat or any other component fastened or applied to the dash, hull, or deck. Gelcoat discoloration,
Blisters, and gel cracks are not considered structural defects. Gelcoat along with installed components are warranted separately under Axis's Basic Limited Boat Warranty.
When it begins: The Lifetime Limited Hull Warranty begins on either of the following dates, whichever is earlier:
a. The date you take delivery of the boat; or
b. The date the boat was first put into service. Example, as a dealer “demo” which exceeds 20 hours or as a factory “demo”
When it ends: The Lifetime Limited Warranty extends to the original owner(s) for as long as they own the boat. The warranty is terminated upon the sale of the boat or transfer of ownership.
Axis Limited Boat Warranty:
What is covered?
The Basic Limited Boat Warranty covers all parts and labor needed to repair defective items or components on your boat supplied and installed by Axis Wake Research which
are defective in material, workmanship, or factory preparation. Axis will repair or replace at its sole discretion any defective part covered by this warranty.
When it begins: The Basic Limited Boat Warranty begins on either of the following dates, whichever is earlier:
b. The date the boat was first put into service. Example, as a dealer “demo” which exceeds 20 hours or as a factory “demo”
When it ends: The Basic Limited Warranty extends to the original owner and lasts for a period of 12 months from the date it begins.
Axis Extended Limited Boat Warranty:
What is covered: The Axis Extended Limited Boat Warranty covers all parts needed to repair defective items or components on your boat supplied and installed by Axis Wake Research which are defective in material, workmanship, or factory preparation to the original owner(s) of the Axis boat.
When it begins: The Axis Extended Limited Warranty begins on the following day after the original 12 month Basic Limited Warranty ends.
When it ends: The Axis Extended Basic Limited Warranty extends to the original owner and lasts for a period of 12 months from the date it begins.
Axis Power Train Limited Warranty:
What is covered?
Indmar Products Company, Inc maintains its own warranty independent from Axis Wake Research. However, to improve the level of service to our dealers and customers, Axis Wake Research administers the engine warranty on units equipped with an Indmar power train on Indmar’s behalf.
Please refer to your Indmar Engine Owner’s Manual for specific warranty coverage information.
When it begins: The Power train Limited Warranty begins on either of the following dates, whichever is earlier:
b. The date the boat was first put into service. Example, as a dealer “demo” which exceeds 20 hours or as a Axis Wake Research factory “demo”
When it ends:
a. The power train coverage for Indmar-equipped units lasts for 36 months from the date it begins without any hour limitation.
What Is Not Covered:
Modifications:
Certain modifications that you make to your boat will not, by themselves, void the warranties of your Axis model boat. These include installing non Axis approved parts,
components, or equipment such as: (towers, after market stereo equipment). However, your warranties do not cover any part that Axis Wake Research did not supply or parts which are not certified by Axis Wake Research to use on your boat. Nor does the Axis warranty cover the costs of any repairs or adjustments that may be caused or needed because of installation or use of non-Axis approved parts, components, equipment, materials or additives.
Environmental Factors Not Covered:
Your warranties do not cover damage/corrosion caused by environmental factor such as airborne fallout, chemicals, sand, tree sap, salt damage, ocean salt spray, mold, acid rain, and road or boating hazards. Nor does your warranty cover damages caused by acts of nature such as: hailstorms, tornados, sandstorms, lightning, flooding, and earthquakes.
Gel coat Exclusions:
Axis Wake Research prides itself on the quality and craftsmanship we put into every boat. The gel coat finish on all Axis boats is applied by hand. Therefore, very minor finish distortions or imperfections may be found in areas of the boat. Such minor imperfections are considered normal in a hand crafted product and are not considered warrantable.
Incidental and Consequential Damages Not Covered:
Lost time, inconvenience, the loss of use of your boat, the cost of rental equipment, gasoline, telephone or lodging, the loss of commercial or personal property, transportation costs to and from your dealership and or Axis Wake Research Facility for service and warranty related issues.
Helpful Addresses:
Below is the contact information of Axis Wake Research’s customer service department which can assist you wherever you happen to be.
Axis Wake Research Customer Service & Warranty Department.
1 Malibu Ct, Merced CA 95341
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Bruizza can probably chime in on that Axis warranty...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-19-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
So from whats posted above - looks like Nautiques warranty has the most/longest coverage, not Tige's...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
I'm sure Tige, MC and CC have had their share of lemons too. Sounds like Bruizza was happy about how things were handled overall.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
So from whats posted above - looks like Nautiques warranty has the most/longest coverage, not Tige's...
You definately have been drinking the kool aid. It's right in print above,That's why i don't waste my time. OWNERS GOGGLES. Learn how to read and comprehend then post.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
im getting out of it that tige and nautiques warranty is pretty much equivalent... you get similar coverage tige better in some areas, nautique better in others... tige covers blisters but it doesnt look like nautique does, nautique pays for more work than tige etc... looks like pretty equal.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
tige covers your gel for 5 years nautique 3, tige bow to stern 3, nautique 3 or 5 depending on what it is. Tige touch 5 years vs linc 3 years... i mean honestly i think youre just trading off on a year or two for one thing or another?

they both seem better than mc the "best built" brand...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure Tige, MC and CC have had their share of lemons too. Sounds like Bruizza was happy about how things were handled overall.
I'm sure Bruizza loved his Axis and felt it was a rare instance.That's why he went with MB.I personally think the Axis is a great boat for the core rider.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-19-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
Robert - "They have the "Best Warranty" in the industry.You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover."

YOU said that, not me...

need a snorkel?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Robert - "They have the "Best Warranty" in the industry.You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover."

YOU said that, not me...

need a snorkel?
you really cant post that after coming back with nautique has the best warranty when the two warranties are really pretty similar
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-19-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Sure I can - I said " So from whats posted above - looks like Nautiques warranty has the most/longest coverage, not Tige's"

"FROM whats POSTED above, LOOKS LIKE...." responding directly to "You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover"

I never claimed Nautiques was best. I said it looked like it was from the fine print posted above. Since it was said that if you go to the fine print "there isnt much they will cover".

Last edited by migs; 03-19-2012 at 3:20 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-19-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
comprende amigo?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
i mean i guess....
regardless if you really look at the fine print, each of the two companies warranties picks up where the other drops out. you trade gel blister coverage for stitching coverage etc..

and all that aside it seems like they have pretty similar coverage which looks to be pretty strong
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-19-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
great coverage for sure - no doubt about that.
Old    9Drozd            03-19-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
I absolutely love how this thread turned from the OP showing the new transworld Z3, to everyone boasting about how good their own boats warranty is. In all my 22 years of life being around a full service marina I have never seen a boats hull fall apart. All this warranty talk is as relevant to the thread as a banana is to building a boat.

End Rant
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
with that said lets get back to it.
Not a huge fan of the seat, looks super comfy and cool but reminds me too much of a barbers chair, would you like a shave with that ballast?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-19-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
with that said lets get back to it.
Not a huge fan of the seat, looks super comfy and cool but reminds me too much of a barbers chair, would you like a shave with that ballast?
Ha! I have to agree. It looks comfortable but there sure is a lot of surface area for the vinyl to stick to you on a hot day.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sure I can - I said " So from whats posted above - looks like Nautiques warranty has the most/longest coverage, not Tige's"

"FROM whats POSTED above, LOOKS LIKE...." responding directly to "You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover"

I never claimed Nautiques was best. I said it looked like it was from the fine print posted above. Since it was said that if you go to the fine print "there isnt much they will cover".
Okay i have a minute or two.With my typing skills i'll need it.
1 Tige has a lifetime hull replacement warranty-If YOU HAVE STRUCTURAL HULL DAMAGE FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN YOUR BOAT-WE WILL GIVE YOU A NEW ONE.
Nobody else has that.You can't put a price on peace of mind of a potential new wakeboat buyer getting ready to spend 70,000 to 100,000 bucks on a new boat.
2- 360 plus service-we do all the factory required maintanance for the first Three years.Also for the first time buyer peace of mind just take it to the dealer and he will do everything it needs for the first three years while you get used to your new boat and enjoy it.
3-Tige has a better gelcoat warranty and in the fine print it states interior,carpet ect that has a manufacturer warranty longer than three years will be covered,
Your a First time buyer.You look at comparable Correct Craft,Mastercraft and Tige.You see two manufacturers that cost 15 to 20% more and don't have the same warranty or service plan?Which company are you going to think cares more about you.
I'm in sales i like to make my points verbally.Chatts a Lawyer he likes to argue his point.I understand all that.Migs i owned a Correct Craft for 15 trouble free years.You have never seen nor will you see me write that a Nautique is a bad boat or has a bad wake or is inferior in build quality.I could afford any wakeboat they make,but i can justify owning a Tige because of the Quality and value for the dollar compared to others.Everyone respects their own boat brand.But when someone says yours is inferior and doesn't provide specific facts it makes you mad.This little post took me half an hour.Now you know why i hate to get into long discussions that aren't verbal.Happy Boating Everyone.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
All this talk about warranty and nobody brought MB into this?
Jk jk..all in all it must be nice to own a boat with a warranty at all. I wouldn't complain a bit if I even had a itty bit of warranty. Better than none!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
But when someone says yours is inferior and doesn't provide specific facts it makes you mad.
Quote:
You should really look closely at MC and CC Warranty,after you get to the fine print there isn't much they will cover.
Hmmmmmmmm
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-20-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Since we are comparing warranties between Tige, CC, and MC, somebody post up the details of the Malibu warranty as well. This is an informative thread and it would be nice to really understand all of the differences. For example I see a lot of talk about PCM or Ilmor being superior engines to Indmar, but Indmar is the only one offering a fully transferrable 5-year engine warranty.

http://www.indmar.com/service-support/factory5.aspx

Quote:

Industry's Only TRUE 5 Year Factory Warranty.

Every owner benefits from Indmar’s focus on quality and long term reliability. Our passion for watersports and our obsession to be the best is at the core of everything we do and why owners consistently rank Indmar high in customer satisfaction. The Factory 5 Year Warranty is the only TRUE 5 Year Factory 5 Year Warranty available in the industry.

The Factory 5 Year Warranty:

•Extends and provides the same coverage as the original Factory 3 Year Warranty for 2 additional years on any 2011 or newer Indmar engine

•Is available to owners who insure their boat with Boater ’s Insurance within 60 days from the date of delivery on any 2011 or newer Indmar engine registered in the 48 contiguous United States

•Will remain in effect as long as theBoater ’s Insurance policy remains current

•Is fully transferable to a subsequent owner providing the boat remains covered by Boater ’s Insurance and the change of ownership is registered with Indmar
With Indmar, you get the full package - Power, Performance and Protection.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-20-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
5 years?
impressive sir.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-20-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
5 years is a industry leading warranty.But J.D. Powers has PCM #1 in initial customer satisfaction in the first year of ownership.So people have confidence in PCM too.Both are problem free motors.I'M not as familar with the Ilmor motors so i can't speak about their reliability.Malibu makes a excellent boat as well as CC and MC.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-20-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm
Be careful what you post. You may be put on the stand and have it taken out of context and used against you in a forum of your peers.But one day i might learn the politics of WW.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-20-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm
Good luck with that comment...you know you can't just make a comment on here without the facts to support it.

On another note, did you sell your Axis or are you gonna keep it for another season?
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
These threads are amusing.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
The '11 is gone and a '12 is on order. I'll do a writeup when it comes it at the end of April. I can't wait!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-20-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Axis covered all warranty issues we had. Also a lot of issues ended up being Indmar related not Axis.

Time to turn this into an Indmar vs PCM thread.......

Anyone else just wish the weather would turn the corner and we could just all get out of our boats?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-20-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
Axis covered all warranty issues we had. Also a lot of issues ended up being Indmar related not Axis.

Time to turn this into an Indmar vs PCM thread.......

Anyone else just wish the weather would turn the corner and we could just all get out of our boats?
It seems like were all a little cranky after being out of our boats all Winter.