Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-04-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
I can get good pop and rotation but about half way through my head turns left,(left foot forward)and i stop rotation and then i fall and slide out on my but.Any help?Upload
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-05-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Just don't turn head left while rotating! Cut out wide. Build some good speed right from your turn back towards the wake. Square up your shoulders as you're reaching the wake (make them parallel to the wake before taking off), pop from the TOP of the wake by extending your legs, then tilt your head backwards to lead the rotation. Your take off should feel like tripping backwards over the wake. If you do not experience this strange tripping feeling then you've probably not waited long enough for your pop!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-05-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Oliver's right, square up your sholders and don't move your head left or right (not even a tiny bit)... Plus, you can just tell by where you are at in the air vs. the wake, that you did not wait long enough. I actually start tilting my head back almost half way over the middle of the wake. I wait for a long time and gives me abilities to take this trick very big. I takes a while to learn how to wait, but when you learn this, you will start landing them.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-05-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info, just a little unclear about the waiting part, do i wait to tilt my head back until the middle of the wake or what?

Thanks
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-05-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Square your back up with the wake, with your arm extended and wait for the "POP" at the top of the wake. Also, try to throw it from you hips, not your shoulders, and look straight back. A little trampoline work might help this. If you look at your pic, your arm is bent and your head is turned, good for a whirly, but not for a Tantrum
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-05-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
well eventually you will get to the point of "waiting till the middle of the wake" to get your tantrums bigger and bigger. For now, as you ride up the wake and you are squaring up your shoulders to the boat, you will initiate the "tilting back" of your head as you leave the wake.

It looks like you are tilting your head back and leaving the wake at the bottom of the wake. Which will make you Huck it. You don't want your body to "huck it" (forcing the flip). You want the momentum of your speed, squaring your shoulders, tilting your head back to initiate the trick.

look at where my body position is on this pic. I'm almost straight up and down like you are, but on the other side of the wake. All I did was come into the wake with pretty good speed, let off my edge at the bottom of the wake. By the time I got to the top of the wake, my shoulders were square to the boat as well as tilting my head back when I left the wake. Obviously i'm goofy foot and you are regular tho.

Upload

(Message edited by hawaiianstiln on December 05, 2006)

(Message edited by hawaiianstiln on December 05, 2006)