Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
Well I am going back to the X again and wanted see if anyone else wanted to get on the train. Between vacation and my wife being pregnant my diet has not been solid (all she wants is mexican food which is killing me). I cameback from vacation at 168 pounds which is about 10 pounds over weight. I was working out before vacation a few days a week but now that I have hit my mid 30's it obviously was not enough with my diet.

Anyway back on the train. I know Phatboy is on it as well. So far I have done two workouts. Chest and back and Plyo. Both were painful and humbling experiences (especially the plyo). Hopefully in 90 days I will be back in solid shape before our baby arrives.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-07-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
I do most of my work at the gym, but supplement with Ab Ripper X twice a week. I slacked off during the holidays, but I'm back at it as of yesterday.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
I got the ripper when I get home tonight. I haven't done it in about 5 months. This should be painful. I was shocked how hard the plyo was for me. Not a good sign. I still had good strength for the pull ups and push ups because I had still been doing some of those videos. But the cardio crushed me.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2013, 5:39 PM Reply   
so good guys! have yall tried Insanity Asylum? that's a great workout too
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Start date January 1 - 240lbs goal weight 220lbs. I am back on the diet and the workout program. Last cycle I lost 37lbs. I have been in the gym regularly which tends to add muscle mass for me but my diet has not been great. Especially now that I am on the diet - I am starving all the time. lol
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
Cliff,
How is insanity? My wife has bad knees, so when we were working out together there was no way she could do more work outs like plyo. I am changing the P90X program where I am doing two plyos a week (getting rid of Kempo) and I am doing core instead of Yoga. I still do yoga belly though. My schedule goes:
Plyo (yoga Belly)
Push Pull (Ab ripper)
Core
Plyo (ab ripper)
Shoulder by tri
Legs and Back (ab ripper)
Day off
I know I should do the yoga but I just can't stomach it. I am doing the workouts in the morning and it is going to be hard enough to stay dedicated getting up especially with how sore I am right now. It was tough to get up for core this morning.
With the Diet I should be able to be perfect during the week. But weekends until football ends I can see myself drinking some beer during the games.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-08-2013, 11:09 AM Reply   
Glad to hear you guys getting back into it! I started a round of Insanity last night. Agreed; humbling. I have put on around 30+ pounds in the 2 years since I completed three rounds of P90X. I am doing a tough mudder this summer and need to drop LBS to run that.

In the last round of P90X I got my diet dialed in and saw first hand that diet is nearly 80% of your results. I am starting Insanity even more dedicated. I read the nutritioun guide for the first time and made meals for the first couple of days (5 meals a day between 300-400 cal to start). I hope to really see some results in the next 60 days. Good luck everybody!
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-08-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Cliff,
How is insanity? My wife has bad knees, .
It is terrible on your knees. you can try to make it lower impact but if she has bad knees it is not for her
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-08-2013, 11:33 AM Reply   
Mike, another option on the Yoga, Fountain of Youth Yoga, only 45 minutes.

I have not stopped working out just up and down on the diet. I was at 230 for my GORUCK in November and want to be 220 or below for my next one in June, currently at 240.

I have been doing a combo of Les Mills (Extreme & Revolution), P90X (Plyo, Core, Ab Ripper), Yoga. Ruck walks with my full ruck (45lbs). Skiing every weekend. Setting a goal to complete 100,000 pushups for 2013.

I may jump back into a regular round of P90X in a month or so.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
It is terrible on your knees. you can try to make it lower impact but if she has bad knees it is not for her
That is why we did not try insanity. Now she is prego she is just walking on the treadmill and some light weights. I am lucky I have knees of steel. They have survived 18 years of wake boarding and basketball. I might look into insanity later just thinking what people thought. I look at P90X as basic meat and potatoes of working out. It is nothing special but seems to get results when done with the proper diet.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Just one more thing. Man am I having problem sitting right now. I am so sore everytime I have to sit or stand it is painful. I can't wait to get through these first ten days.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
hey Mike
yup. insanity is hard on the joints
my knees survived, but my feet and ankles had a tough time. It's high impact every workout.

Insanity Asylum is much better. It has lots of agility drills using the floor ladder. I had my 15 year old do it this last off season. As a result, she beat out 2 girls during tryouts, that have beat her for 2 seasons running. (that might not have come out right). Everyone wanted to know what she did....

also
P90X2 is a nice change of pace. It is more difficult to really rep out to failure, because lots of the pushups are done on medicine balls....1 ball, 2 balls, and using all 4 balls. Your supporting muscles will get a great workout!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
Cliff,
You are kind of the man that started it all. I know you were on the train for a while. Then took some time off. What does your workout schedule look like know if you are back on any programs?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
I do a mixed system now like a lot of the guys. I haven't been real consistent here lately. The holidays kind of derailed my last round of p90x. The original is still my favorite. Here lately, I pick and choose my favorite routines from Insanity, P90X, P90X2, and asylum and do a 4 or 5 day a week routine.

To do a full blown routine of any of these programs requires me to eat a lot in order to keep my energy levels up. The eating part is what I really get burned out on. A 4 or 5 day routine seems to suit my lifestyle.

I do still try to hit ab ripper x, 3 times a week.

Doug, that's awesome!!!
you've inspired me to set a push up and pull up goal

Last edited by ord27; 01-08-2013 at 8:49 PM. Reason: added info
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
Looking for input:

This time around I am working to do more of the diet than ever before.
Question: do you think the shakeology shakes are worth it? More cost effective sub?

My main goal is to currently drop LBS this round to make runs/stamina/endurance better.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-10-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
I started P90X yesterday for the first time. Man am I weak. Cardio is fine from cycling. I have a 4-Year old and twin 8 week olds at home. 5am is tough, but it is the only time I have. I am on my feet all day long at work and it feels great so far to start the day like this.

5'8"
1/9/12 184.4 lbs
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
I started P90X yesterday for the first time. Man am I weak. Cardio is fine from cycling. I have a 4-Year old and twin 8 week olds at home. 5am is tough, but it is the only time I have. I am on my feet all day long at work and it feels great so far to start the day like this.

5'8"
1/9/12 184.4 lbs
Alan,
Great to have you aboard. I am also working out in the morning. This is the first time I am doing the work outs in the morning. I have done the program for many years just have slacked in the last six months. It is tough to get up but afterward I have great energy for the rest of the day. Just am really sore this week.

Now to the good bad and the ugly.
The good is that I feel good and have been doing pretty good on the workouts.

THe bad would be that I think I bit off a little more then I could chew with the two plyos. I failed to make the second plyo yesterday. Instead I ran a couple miles and of course did the ripper. This morning I was back at it with legs and back and it went pretty well. I am sure I will have problems sitting again later today. Those darn chair salutations will kill you if you haven't done it in a while.

The ugly would be how sore I am. I don't know if it is from taking such a long break or from just getting older. But when that alarm hits and it is time to work out. I just want to get in a little ball. But I have been doing pretty good at fighting through besides the second plyo.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
Alan,
One last thing, since this is your first time if you have any questions let us know. There are a lot of helpful people on here. Cliff and Jrod have done the program many times and can give you some good tips. Good luck and keep at it.
Old     (Dman726749)      Join Date: May 2012       01-13-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Just started last week for the first time...man am I sore! What are you guys recommending for a post workout recovery drink?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-13-2013, 10:35 PM Reply   
Trying to get back into it but have been averaging 12 hour workdays so it's been next to impossible. Have completely fallen off abs - still banging out pullups as I move around the house or some combo squats/calf raises with curls/shoulder press. Keeps me from totally feeling or looking like crap but just barely. Hard to keep up energy-wise and my appetite is down so the days I do push harder I end up going to bed starving. Routine is tough! Looking forward to getting it more stable.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-14-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
Alan
great to have you as a P90Xer!!

the hardest think for me the first time was adjusting the diet
I was shocked at how much eating I had to do in order to keep my energy level up

you might discover that you will have to decide on a diet that gets you really lean, or one that gives you the strength to lift heavier or rep out more pull ups

Jrod is much better at explaining that aspect of things than I am

good luck

keep pushing play, especially when you really really don't want to.....
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-14-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
I finshed phase 1 and most of phase 2 of P90X2 before the holidays. I just got back from holidays yestarday and i'm going to do a week of phase 1 and 2 before starting phase 3 since I got fat again.

also, my diet the last month has been a poster of what not to eat (is tequila a food group?)

good luck all.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
I don't use a recovery drink. But I do drink two shakes a day of GNC Amplified whey protein 60. This week I am already getting much less sore. I did plyo last night and push and pull this morning and they went pretty smooth. As for meals if this is the first time doing the program and you want to follow diet I suggest logging your food. A site like Livestrong works great. Good luck.
I got the ripper in about an hour.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
Still truckin away. I am having a hard time getting the second plyo in. I am running a couple miles instead of doing it. Hopefully in the next stage I will get the two plyos in. I think it will help athletic performance and burn fat. I did core this morning. I am a lot less sore this week but I am more tired. I am not used to doing the program in the morning which is kicking my butt a little bit.
Diet has been great during the day but I got to keep the prego happy so dinner has been hit and miss.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2013, 12:56 PM Reply   
Had my best workout last night. I have been awesome on my diet and only missed two days in the opening two weeks. 236lbs.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
Nice work bud!

I had a tough week. Didnt get all of my workouts in due to wife's birthday and weekend pond hockey games (6+ hours on saturday). Today is two weeks and I am sticking with diet for 6 days a week and I am down nearly 9 pounds already. Threw on an older suit today and it felt so good to have it fit well in the waist.

Keep it up guys!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Rough weekend for the X. Skipped plyo yesterday to watch the football games. Instead drank beer and ate pizza. Gotta get back on track today I have push and pull tonight. Going to make up the plyo as well this week.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
Well I have made it to first recovery week. I made up the plyo I missed. I missed one workout in the first three weeks. I did legs and back yesterday and did 132 pull ups. But the diet is proving so much harder this time around. Between football and my wife's cravings it is hard to stay on track. I am good during the work day but the weekends and nights are killing me. I am gonna just do my best because my wife is just not going for plain chicken every night right now and I understand that.
This week for recovery I am going to do core twice and run sprints and a few miles on the tread mill two other days. And of course do yoga belly.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-28-2013, 8:34 PM Reply   
Ok, I'm on the bandwagon...starting next week! :-) I didn't make it through a whole round when I tried it over a year ago but I'm going to try it again since I no longer have a gym membership. My diet sucks so I think that is going to be the hardest part. Plus I am the pickiest eater I know so the veggies are a struggle. I will try to use this as accountability and give my updates as well. I am targeting a Sunday (2-3) start date.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2013, 9:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Ok, I'm on the bandwagon...starting next week! :-) I didn't make it through a whole round when I tried it over a year ago but I'm going to try it again since I no longer have a gym membership. My diet sucks so I think that is going to be the hardest part. Plus I am the pickiest eater I know so the veggies are a struggle. I will try to use this as accountability and give my updates as well. I am targeting a Sunday (2-3) start date.
Have you ever thought of juicing? I am not a big veggie guy. But as I have gotten older I realize I need some of those nutrients in my diet. I am not all crazy on the juicing but I try to do it 3 times a week just to get some of that stuff in me. On the diet it is mostly protein so if you can handle chicken and turkey you should be ok. I will say I thought the juice would taste bad but I actually enjoy it.
I am not doing great on the diet but last time I was dead on when I had the wife involved and my results were pretty awesome. Just hard to live that way forever weighing your food.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-29-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
I started p90x a week from monday, so i've been on it a week and a day. Plyo day just plain sucks. the rest I like though. nah, actually i don't mind the plyo day, it just hurts, the day i can't stand is frickin kenpo or whatever its called, I did it this weekend, but i think this weekend i'm going to play soccer instead. Just can't get into the taebo feeling of it... hopefully i lose this belly!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
I started p90x a week from monday, so i've been on it a week and a day. Plyo day just plain sucks. the rest I like though. nah, actually i don't mind the plyo day, it just hurts, the day i can't stand is frickin kenpo or whatever its called, I did it this weekend, but i think this weekend i'm going to play soccer instead. Just can't get into the taebo feeling of it... hopefully i lose this belly!
I say if you can't handle the kenpo give core a chance. Core is a really good workout that I enjoy. It pretty much works everything. I have replaces kempo with core and I run on yoga. I would like to end up doing a second plyo but that is tough. Hopefully after this recovery week I will be able to handle two cores.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-29-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
That's a good idea, I'll probably do the core instead of kempo, my indoor soccer season is about to start too so i'll be playing in two leagues that's about 2-4 games a week at night, so that'll help with some of the cardio for sure. getting difficult to run around with these college kids now adays haha. i'll give the core a try this sat, yea i'm not into the whole yoga thing, we had to do it in college, soccer coach made us, and never really got into it, so i'll probably run on those mornings or do something else.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-29-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Good thought Mike. What types of veggies do you juice? Do you mix them together or one at a time and do you put anything in with them? I can do meats fine, but like the said, the greens are tougher for me.

I've been skinny most of my life and my family always had an "eating out" lifestyle so both lead to bad eating habits. Now it's catching up to me in the belly region! I don't think I can stick with the weighing and measuring out of everything I eat but I do want to try better portion control and better choices when I do eat.

Do you guys run at all or feel like you need to mix in other cardios? I guess it depends on your goals. It's funny how different cardio doesn't always translate. Like I can run for a few miles ok but couldn't begin to do some of the long kickboxing stuff my wife does...and vice versa.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-29-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
have you tried that v8 fusion or whatever its called, suppose to get daily veggies in but it tastes like fruit juice, have never seen the label so i don't know if it has a lot of sugars or anything like that.

as for cardio, i play and coach soccer so i'm always on the move, when i make my players run or do something like that, i do it with them. I also play indoor soccer on two leagues and its competitive, filled with college kids and ex college guys (I'm about to turn 30 so its not as easy as it used to be, but i still got it). I can't stand to just RUN. never have. so i like to play soccer or something like that to get my cardio in.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-29-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Sippi - Yeah, I need to look into the V8 stuff. I've also played competitive soccer from age 4 through high school and some in college. I would like to get back into it, but the problem is I need to run to get back into some resemblance of playing shape but I hate running as well!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-29-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
man indoor is the best form of fitness. just start out taking 3 minute shifts and you'll quickly be able to play longer. it really helps me.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
I usually juice some Kale, Spinach, Carrot, apple and cucumber.

Running is definatley not the best exercise. But when I run, I mix it up. I am on a treadmill and will run like a 7 minute mile. Then I sprint for a minute and then walk for two minutes. I will do that for 10 minutes. Then I will walk at a steep incline for 5 minutes. Then walk holding weights for 5 minutes. Basically I just switch it up so it is not just a boring steady pace. Usually I am on there for 45 minutes and get a little over 4 miles.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-29-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
I will occasionally go to the stadium around town and run/walk the stairs. its a lot better for you and is more "entertaining" than just running. start off walking up and down or what i do is walk/run up, walk over a section and down, and continue that until you make the end. i used to do this alot, my club team in HS used to do this three times a week in the mornings before regionals or something, it was killer, i need to start doing that again. helps a lot if you have a buddy to go with you though.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
Sippi,
Soon Tony will be your buddy if you continue to do the program. Phatboy and I text every day to keep each other motivated. It is nice to have that other person pushing you. It used to be my wife but now she just wants mexican food.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-29-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Great thoughts guys. Have any of you tried juice products like Naked or Bolthouse? I was thinking that might be a nice alternative and introduction into some juicing without all the cost and effort to buy my own juicer until I get acclimated. My thought was this could used for my afternoon veggies and then I would consume hole for dinner.

I'm gearing up and ready to get started! Something tells me my enthusiasm will fade after about 3 days. :-)
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2013, 12:34 PM Reply   
I am not gonna lie the first two weeks are hell. If you make it through that you should be good to go.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-30-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
halfway through the second week. it hasn't been as bad as i thought, just sore because i haven't lifted in a while, but that's a good thing. for me the first two weeks have been great on the motivational side. i'm wondered what will happen 5-6 weeks down the line haha. hope i can keep up the motivation. getting used to getting up at 445 everymorning to do it...that was the hardest for me i think. tomorrow is yoga day, so i think i'm going to do my sprint/jog/walk thing for a couple of miles inthe morning and stretch really good.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-02-2013, 8:06 PM Reply   
Well, I tried to kick it off today. The workout went fairly well considering I haven't been doing anything but wakeboarding and going on the occasional run for the past 6+ months. That being said, I crashed HARD towards the end of the workout (chest and back). I had this happen a couple of times when I was at the gym for the first time in a while last summer. It looks like this...sudden nausea, dizziness, and some tingling in my limbs. I actually have to just lay down for about 15-20 minutes before I feel somewhat normal. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this expected when I haven't been doing regular strength training? I've known other people to have this when they lift heavy on legs but not other body parts. Maybe I'm just getting old! Any tips on something I should be eating before the workouts or doing differently or do I just need to power through it? Do I need to ease into these workouts and not push it so hard too fast? I really try to breathe well so I don't think that is the issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated as it sucks!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-02-2013, 8:33 PM Reply   
Hmm...lots of folks asking the same question online. Maybe you guys can share your pre-workout diets and I can see how mine stacks up. Some folks are saying that it could be caused by an empty stomach and that some carb intake 20-30 minutes prior is a good idea. Also, I need to make sure I'm drinking enough water I know but I don't feel like that is the issue. Other thoughts?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
I don't eat anything special before the workout. But I will say that when I first started many years ago I had some zeros on number of reps. Like dive bombers. I thought I was working out hard before but it took a while to get in X shape.

Did a good work our yesterday but having a huge super bowl party today. Diet is out the window. Go Niners!!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-04-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
I like german potato soup

LOL
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-04-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Yea, i don't eat anything before mine, but that's because i do mine at 430 in the morning right when i wake up. But i do keep hydrated all day and drink water before i go to bed at night, make sure you have a good meal the night before too. light headed and dizzyness sounds like hydration to me. it could be low blood sugar, but it would depend on how long you ate before you worked out and what it was. I'm on week three, dern alarm clock didn't go off this morning, so i have to do my chest and back and ab ripper this afternoon when i get home. I can tell a difference too, because i don't feel as good this morning. not as much energy, missin that soreness in the muscles too.

Blair, that cracks me up, how often do you think Tony hits on her!?!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
Here is a good Tony cast list. Some pretty funny stuff. You can see how Maren makes some of those interesting faces during arm circles.

http://jezebel.com/5897580/ranking-t...-worst-to-best
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-04-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
He does love to talk about her form!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time I did P90 she used to piss me off on push ups. When tony would go around asking everybody what number they were on and she would say 30 all happy and sh!$e, and I was dying on 20. I made it my goal to do more than her LOL (pretty sad)
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Man the diet exploded during the football game.Once the niners were getting destroyed I broke out the Jaeger shots. Took about 4 of those. Hurtin today and don't think I will get a work out in. Got get back on track tommorrow.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-04-2013, 11:39 AM Reply   
Just go for a long walk or something today and get a little sweat to clean out all that stuff haha.

I definitely understand on the pushups (for me it was pull ups), i kept telling myself if i weighed frickin 100 lbs like she does then i could do that many too haha. Nah i suck at pull ups, i'm building up to that, doin the bands that i got is tough and i can get more reps in, rather than doin a few pull ups haha

Do any of you guys use the bands instead of weights, i don't have the money or room for weights so i bought a set of bands at academy sports. i got the Lifeline TNT cable system, its got three bands you can put 1, 2 or all three on there, its tough, i still can't do all three, its ridiculous.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-04-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
I did the bands for pull ups and liked it better because like you said I could get more reps in and felt like I was getting more of a work out. But I didn't like it on any thing else so I bought some dumbells off craigslist. Becarefull on the bands that clip togather be cause I had the three in one bands too. One day I sat down to do close hand over hand pull usp (or what ever its call) and be for I knew it I had a gash in the top of my head from were one of the clips let lose and hit me in the top of the head. Then it did it to my toe during curls and thats the day I when out and bought three diffrent bands that don't come apart.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-04-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
Oh wow, yeah these don't have a clip, its hard to explain what they are like unless you were to look them up. I'm going to get another single band for it though (you can get all different sizes), mine came with three 30lbs bands and you can put them all into one, i'm going to get one that is about 50-60 though because you can't really make a loop at the bottom to stand on with two bands, you need one for it, but one is too light, at least the ones that i have. wish i afford a set of dumbells but its just not in the cards right now.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
Still going strong. Been super busy at work since the boat show. Started week 4 this morning. I did have a couple 2 day weekends, but did lots of cardio on the days off. Feeling better than I have in over 10 years and definitely getting stronger. Only have shed 3-5 lbs, but feel the muscle coming back fast.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2013, 12:11 PM Reply   
Doing ok here. Not following the diet very strict but trying to be a lot more aware of what I eat. Skipped yoga yesterday so will pick up with the next work out tonight...hopefully. Bi's and arms was good and didn't get nauseous at all. I think it's the the large muscle groups that bring it on more like legs, back, and chest. Hopefully once I get back in the swing it won't be an issue.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-07-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
still on it here too. coming on the end of the 3rd week for me. lost 5lbs but feel better and definitely feel stronger than before, can't wait to change the weeks again and see what the next stage is like! gotta do legs tomorrow morning, so looking forward to not being able to walk again saturday haha.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
I have had a horrible week. Only got in one work out in the first 3 days. I am gonna have to bust it out tonight and the rest of the week. I am gonna keep the same workout since I have fallen behind. Next monday I will change the workouts.
Old     (Dman726749)      Join Date: May 2012       02-07-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
started day 1 of phase 2 today.....wow thats an ass kicker there!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2013, 4:47 PM Reply   
I remember the second set of videos are hardcore. I am ready to hit them up next week.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-08-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Hey everyone! I did a full round of the X in October-December of last year. Unfortunately, I celebrated this accomplishment by doing absolutely nothing for the next 6 weeks. So . . . I'm back for round 2. For those who have trouble getting all the vegetables required by the diet, I strongly recommend the nutribullet. The thing has really helped me, and it makes a kick a$$ protein shake as well. Good luck everyone! Warrior one, warrior two, warrior three, collapse to the floor in a heap . . . .
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Well after a horrible week last week, in which I only got in three works outs. I am back on track. Did legs and back on saturday and got in a 130 pull ups. Did the best plyo I have done since being on the program yesterday. Legs are sore today but I feel good. Today I have back and biceps, looking forword to the change in videos.
Lastly I talked to my wife and this half ass diet thing is not working. I am heading on the chicken diet for a few weeks. Luckily my wife has been through the program so she understands what it takes.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-11-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yea i defnitely had a bad week last week, well toward the end of it. so this week is suppose to be the "recover" week, i'm just going to go through another week of the phase 1 so i can catch back up. i felt like i didn't have the energy or anything when i woke up and didn't do the work out those days last week! I've been working on the diet more, of course my wife who is 5'2 and can eat a frickin cow and never gain an oz is difficult, but she's good about doing her own thing and i'll cook my food while she just eats whatever haha. I've been eating a bunch of chicken and deer meat, which i have an endless supply of, and doing a small garden salad at lunch with chicken, and fruits for snack....that's about as good as it gets for me. I need to go to gnc and find a good protien shake or something for the mornings, because after working out at 430, getting in the shower, getting my kids lunch together, getting him dressed and ready (he's 2), i have not a lot of time for breakfast.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
I drink two protien shakes a day and eat pretty much every two hours. Lots of fruit, protien bar, low fat yogurt. I try to get a lot of small meals so I am not so hungry at the large meals since I just eat one chicken breast and maybe some broccalli for dinner (or I will juice with dinner).
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-12-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
yea, i need to get some protien for a shake. what kind do you use, any of ya'll for that matter, i know mike's not the only one that drinks a protien shake haha. anything to stay away from or that's just nasty, what tates the best.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-12-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
I use GNC amplified wheybolic Extreme 60 either vanilla or chocalate. I mix it in a blender with a banana and some frozen strawberries or some yogurt to help the taste.
On another note did back and biceps last night and I can confirm total ass kicker. Even harder then I remember but I think it is because I can now do a lot more pull ups then before. So that tires me out and then the biceps become hell. Feel nice and sore toady.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-14-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Man, so last week was week three, i missed some days at the end so i figured i'd just do another phase one week this week. I swear it has been the worst two weeks to work out for me! I got in monday and tuesday, and missed wed and thursday so far. I have to work out in the morning, because i coach and have to take care of my kids after work. The past two nights my little one (2 years old) hasn't felt good and been up all night, making it impossible for me to wake up in the morning at a decent hour to work out. so I guess, tomrrow morning i'm going to do legs and back, i'll do arms and shoulders on sat, rest on sunday then i'll start the phase 2 on monday. hopefully i can stay on track from now on. when i don't work out in the morning, i find myself more tired and no energy throughout the day.
Old    alanp            02-18-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
i started the first week in january. im doing a modified version of the routine. ive done 8 cycles previously. here is my schedule

first 3 weeks
monday-chest back, abs, 30 mins core work(woodchoppers, kettlebell, hammer swings etc etc etc) 30 mins cardio intervals either spin bike or running.
tuesday- shoulders and arms, one hour cardio, 30 mins stretch
wednesday-legs back, abs, 30 mins core work(woodchoppers, kettlebell, hammer swings deadlifts etc etc etc) 30 mins cardio intervals either spin bike or running.
thurs-satuday repeat of monday-wednesday workouts. i try to throw in a yoga session once a week but not religious about it.
weeks 4-6 follow the lifting schedule but adding the 3 extra days of lifting and the extra workouts after.
just finished week 6.
weeks 7-9 will reflect weeks 1-3 and weeks 10-12 will reflect weeks4-6.

currently doing a paleo/4hour diet. missing carbs like crazy.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-18-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
Alan,
You are an animal. I wish I had extra time to do more workouts but even with it I don't think I could get to your dedicationl level.

As for my own level of fitness. I killed this last week or so. I am really strong now. My pull ups are at really high reps. These two new workouts were really great. They helped me find my weak spot which are my triceps. My triceps were sore for three day after doing the chest and tri video. My plyo workout went really well also. Did jump knee tuck at Dom pace for the full 30 seconds for both rounds.

Now my diet is still killing me. Three day weekend and my wife is now 7 months pregnanat and wants to eat out every meal. Now for this next week I have prepared all my meals today. So the diet should be spot on. So far I have lost about 5 pounds. I would rather not lose anymore but I would like to get better defined abs.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
I was on track pretty well from Jan 1 on....but this last 10 days has been weak from a workout standpoint and diet standpoint. Epic Fail. Back on track as of today but I really dropped the ball. I have to figure out how to better balance work and working out.
Old    alanp            02-24-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
diet diet diet.. imo its way more important than working out. 75% of the equation is diet.
the fastest way for most people to achieve a six pack is to lose 10lbs(just a number) rather than doing a million ab exercises. currently i have a couple hours out of my work day that i am allowed/expected to work out but i know my schedule routine isnt for everyone.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-24-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
Well I am dominating the workouts right now. Did Plyo and did yoga belly today. I am really in a good routine right now. For you guys that are in the second phase, do you feel the difference in the workouts? I am so sore after the workouts especially the chest and shoulder videos. My diet is great during the week but the weekends are still problems. This last one was my wife's baby shower, so all the guys went out for pizza and beer. O well I made my chicken and turkey for the week so I should be good to go this next week.

I was thinking about picking up a weight vest for when I go back to the first videos. I think it would be good for the pull ups and push up videos. Anyone ever used one? Is it worth it? Thanks, Mike
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-25-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
Well, this is week 2, day 5. Week 1 was rough! This time around I'm using the pushup bar things, and really like them. Hope to not take too many breaks today during the legs/back routine. To me, the pace of that CD is incredibly quick. Good luck everyone!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-28-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
Rockin and Rollin throught another week. I have really hit my stride with the workouts. Diet has been pretty strong this week. I have never got to the point of doing two plyos but do run springs and quick mile (under 7 minutes) on the tread mill once a week. Where is everyone else at?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-28-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Restarted day 1 today after doing nothing but work 24/7 for forever it seems. Struggling to get 8 reps on the pullups, ugh.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2013, 6:31 PM Reply   
Just seeing if anyone is still pushing play? I have being going pretty strong. Missed one week because work week from hell but other then that have been on track. Diet has been good during week and rough on the weekends with the wife. She is do April 19th so we are coming down to the end here. I bought a weight vest and I have been adding an extra 12 pounds on push up and pull up days. That thing makes the workouts much harder. I feel in good shape but I think to get to the next level the diet is going to have to be spot on. I don't know if that will work until after the birth and my wife joins the Tony train.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-24-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
I am 10 days into a mix of Insanity and P90X (mostly insanity as I'm over 200 lbs for the first time in my life). Might have something to do with the evil local market squeezing fresh blood OJ - it's like crack and I've been guzzling 3 gallons a week easy. Other than the juice diet is good but travel for work is making it tough.
Old    alanp            03-25-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
mike im still at it. this is my lost official week. ill keep doing something when im done of course. my numbers arent exactly where id like them. i use the legs and back day as my barometer. last time i did p90x(about 1 year ago) i hit 226 pulls for the 8 sets during that workout. currently im at 173. i hope i can get 175-176 on my final legs and back day(which is wednesday).
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-26-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Alan,
If you don't mind me asking how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I am 5-9 and 165. I am just trying to see if I need to cut some weight to get the definition I am looking for. Thanks, Mike
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-26-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
everyone's build is a bit different. if u have an endomorph body type...youre going to have to work twice as hard to achieve a "lean" look.

at 5-9 165....unless ur built like an NFL cornerback...plan on dropping weight.