Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-12-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
So long story short I contacted Centurion and was told the wrong replacement part for my boat. Ordered the cable and discovered yesterday when I pulled the old cable that I had purchased the wrong one. The cable I pulled was a Teleflex SSC13421 so I either need that or the new SSC15421 model. Called a couple places and couldn't find one. Not really sure who else to call. Leaving on a trip early next week so ordering online really isn't an option unless I pay rediculous shipping costs. Any help/sugestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-12-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
Bryce, I just checked my online site for the largest marine Distributor on the west Coast, Diversified Marine. They have the cable you need in stock in their Commerce, CA warehouse. Any decent dealer in SoCal probably deals with Diversified, and if they order it for you tomorrow they will have it on Friday with no rush shipping needed. The Diversified part number for the SSC13421 cable is 88-1354.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
I found a replacement for mine on ebay at a fraction of the cost. Look there, but sorry I don't remember the name of the seller.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I found a dealer or two that offered to have it next day so they must be dealing with Diversified as meathead mentioned; unfortyunately, they want to charge me $60+ more than I found it online. Guess that's the price of needing something quickly. Ebay is great but I need it asap so probably won't work but I'll check there anyway and see if I can have something overnighted. If anyone knows of a place that might have it in stock locally let me know.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-13-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Soooo...you want to find a dealer close to you, who either has it in stock or can get it in a day with no extra rush shipping charges, but still will probably give your business to an internet site. The internet site who is probably out of state, doesn't have to deal with California's oppressive business climate, and quite possibly doesn't even have an actual store, and just drop ships from a master distributor.

When every dealer in every major town is gone, you guys will have no one to blame but yourselves. You can't have it both ways. One of my suppliers has a great saying: You can have anything you want, and you get to choose two of the three following conditions: Fast, Good, and Cheap. Rarely will you get all three.

Support your local businesses if they offer quality service and products.