Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    shanday            06-19-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
How would like a sweet way to display your boards in the off season? I recently designed and built a board rack for my husband. It holds up to 6 boards and has storage space for boots/ropes etc... I would love to provide the wake world with a piece of furniture to display their pride and joy!!! Drop me a line if this idea strikes a cord.....shanday@fiberpipe.net
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Let's see it. You got pics?
Old    leggester            06-19-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Post a pic or two here. We all love to see innovative storage devices.
Old    shanday            06-19-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'm working on the pics thing... I'll try to have 'em posted this evening... hang on guys they're coming....Thanx for the interest!!!
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-20-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   
What if you just have one board to display?? I was thinking of making some sort of soft hooks to hold the board on the wall like a picture. Wakeboard on one side...Snowboard on the other...
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-20-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
Sounds something like a Phat Rack.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
I got some screw in hooks and some chain and hung all my boards on the celing in my room. Right now i have the wake/board/skate/surfer, and snowboard all hanging. It saves me a lot of space since my room is small. Plus it looks pretty cool and everyone notices them when the come in.
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
Lowe's $5 bike holders is what I use.
Old    shanday            06-22-2003, 9:43 PM Reply   
Okay, I finally have a picture if anyone is still out there. . . . so what do you think????
boardrack
Old    cheezegritz            06-22-2003, 11:22 PM Reply   
geez, very nice. very nice indeed!!!!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Nice Rack. Question Can you put the board in the rack while the bindings are still mounted. - Nice collection of boards.
Old    shanday            06-23-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
My board is the belmont and my boots fit because they fit on the narrowest fitting, but I don't think my husband's fit because his stance is a little wider. I designed this particular rack to display the boards, but it would be easy to make minor adjustments to make the bindings fit as well.
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-24-2003, 12:16 PM Reply   
VERY NICE how much?
Old    shanday            06-24-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
$200.00
Old    flipside            06-24-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
Call me AR, but I'm a little cautious about something like this w/out having any rubber on the board holders. I'd be afraid they'd get a little scratched....and that's not something I want. Also, I'd definitely like a way to keep my bindings on the board...chalk this one up to pure laziness.

FlipsidE
Old    shanday            06-24-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
Dude, I am so ahead of you on this one. The boards are protected. Maybe you didn't see the boards on that rack? No way am I going to risk scratching those babies!!!
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-25-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
Kevin - Those bike holders are exactly the thing I was thinking of. Thanks for the example. i assume that should work for my snowboard too...cool
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
great idea Shanda. Might be hard to sell them for 200.00 though. Not that it's not worth it. But there are less expensive solutions out there as Kevin pointed out. I like it better than the Phat Rack if it's any consolation.
Old    shanday            06-25-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
J-Rod - You're probably right. I just think the other solutions have limitations, (only holds one or two boards, no place to store gear) and I guess that is what I was going for when I designed this one. There are less expensive options, but with that there are less perks!!! Thanx for the vote over the Phat Rack!
Old    todd_fish            06-25-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
The Bike holder at Lowes works great.... That's what I used at my old apartment. you can even hang the rope and helmet off of them too.
Old    shanday            06-25-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
My thoughts are drifting. . . .What if I published the plans, or say a series of plans with variations? Are there more people out there like me that would rather just make it on their own or is the ready made idea better?