Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    lakebumrc            04-02-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
I'm riding some liquid forces that are about 4 years old, gettin all cracked and Does anyone have any suggestions on bindings?? I want something thats gonna be nice and snug on my ankle. tricks i throw are a backroll that I rarely land and some 360s but I like to go big on the w2w, lookin to get 10x better this season

any suggestions would be awesome!
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-03-2006, 2:57 AM Reply   
Liquid Force=transits, spyhx, watsons
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-03-2006, 3:46 AM Reply   
Nice and snug on ankle=2006 zeus
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Go to binding reviews, and pick out a couple from different manufacturers that you think you would like. Then go demo at your local board shop and buy them.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
I absolutely loved my O'Brien Argons, and they are making them even better for the 2006 summer. They have a LOT of cushion everywhere and support in all directions. Easy to get in and out of... everything! Go try them on at a local boardshop, or try to get a demo pair to ride, it's worth it!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hard to beet CWB bindings, had the old grips, and the 04 and 05 Zeuses and have loved all of them!
Old    sarah40            04-03-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
I have the 2005 CWB Mobe bindings. They support your leg up toward your calf, which I like a lot. Easy to get on and off, yet won't fall off while you ride.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-03-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I remember when "Parks" Were all the rage. Now nobody talks about them.. It's Either the CWB Zues, LF Shanes or Watsons, maybe the HL Murrays, but never anything on Parks binding? Has anyone ridden Parks's set up?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-03-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
i ridden the new parks', very comfy...im riding the 3DS bindings right now and if you are looking for ankle support, that is hyperlites ankle binding
Old    cwbabsolute1080            04-03-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
no body mentions the parks on this site anymore because everything about parks and his board/boots gets bashed... fact is that people who ride the parks board/boots usually stick buy them and love them.... but no one will really support them on this site because most peeps on this site LOVE cwb (even if they havn't tried to much else) Anyway demo everything... if u try the parks you probably won't be too disapointed... exspecailly the 06
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I just bought 04 CWB Boss Bindings for $69 on Ebay. I just upgraded from 98 HL 3060's. The footbed on the CWB's feels like a pillow compared to my old bindings. Now I got my old bindings and my old board so no one rides mine any more.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
I have ridden the old style Torq's (the 04's) for a couple of seasons and I liked them for the money, I am sure the new ones are much better and they are still a good value. I have ridden the Sphynx and it was very comfortable but had alot of flex. I bought some Alphas for this season, but they are waiting at home for me, my spring break is next week.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-03-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Speaking as someone who didn't even know Parks was a person the bindings are named after, I thought they were a little pricey for what they offered (2004 Parks was what I demoed). I really like the Torq (2004) and the Comp (2003) from CWB. They are adjustable but my foot is just at the edge of what the XL will handle (I'm a size 13 to 14) so they actually fit me pretty snugly. Also, I'll second the recommendation for the Argons but try them out first. I really liked them but some people I rode with said they were just too soft. Go figure.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
william,

no one bashes parks' gear itself; we bash the people who buy a board or bindings blindly because of the name on it. i--and i'm sure the rest of the people on this site--have no problem with people who demo a bunch of boards/bindings and decide the parks works best for them. it's just, from my experience, about half the people with a parks board or bindings bought them because "parks is da man". it's no different with people who blindly buy a transcend because AA is their favorite rider. they're equally poor shoppers, but those who buy a byerly or parks without trying other gear tend to screw themselves over more because those two boards are so unique and temperamental
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-03-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
I have the '06 Zeus and the '06 Murry's. Murry's all the way. Much more comfortable, the new foot pad on the Hyperlites are amazing. The zeus are good but not worth all the hype in my opinion.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I tried the '06 Zeus's at West Marine a couple weeks ago, and I really didn't like them. They had a pressure point on my heel which drove me crazy and I felt like I couldn't put all the pressure down on my heels because of it. Maybe it's just me.

I have the '06 Transits, and they're the best bindings I've ever wore, so I may be a bit bias.
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
I had a pair of 04 Parks bindings, and thought they were great. Now i have a pair of 05 LF Sphynx and think they are amazing.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-03-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I personally loved my 03 Parks. The overlays tore but HL replaced them right away. In Fact I still have them.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-03-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
i had parks bindings for 3 years in a row, then when the murays with the boa came out i started riding them. right now im back on 06 parks cuz i cant get my hands, well feet, on the murrays and the parks are super comfy, way better than previous years. if the murrays didnt have closed toe i would polly stick with the parks cuz they are so easy to get in and out of and they are super plush
Old    lakebumrc            04-03-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
I ride a parks 138 and I could care less whos board it is. i got out there and demoed a few and liked the parks board the best. He's a great rider and all but if you buy a board for the name on it your just a poser anyways! You should get bashed!! hahaha. thanks for all the binding reviews, now I have a much better idea
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-03-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
2006 cwb zues!!!!!!!!
Old     (chadilac)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
Some good bindings are the sphinx or the watsons
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
i had the 06 zeus. they're bad ass, but i'm still rockin' the '05 lf teams.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-21-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
I think I tried on just about every boot in the LF line this winter, including the Minx (I looked sexy in the baby blue!). Each boot fits just a bit different, I settled on a pair of 06 Transits. From past experience I also loved the Ultra Sucs, I just didn't want to go through the pain of breaking another pair in.

I haven't compared fits of other companies boots in a few years so I can't give you any info on how they compare.

I can suggest that when you try bindings on in a shop that you wear them for more than just a minute, flex the bindings as best you can to simulae some of the things you do riding. If the bindings come in parts (base plate seperate) make sure you try them on as a whole unit (base plates attached).

If you have a regular sized foot and are thinking LF try on the Transits and the Watsons. If you find them too restrictive try on the Spynx and Alpha's. If you want a bit of a different feel try on the Minx. I personally don't like the closed toe Shane's but they are another great but different option. There's always the classic hold and feel of the Ultra's too.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-22-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
The 06 Zeus are great binding fo sho love them. You mentioned ankle support, I think the 06 CWB Fuse have the most ankle support, its a great binding as well as the Zeus. Demo both the Zeus and the Fuse.
Old     (mahaney)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
I ride Obrien Exit 13's and i find them to be amazing.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-22-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
couldnt be any happier with my Transits.
Old     (justinp)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
liquid force sphynx work fine for me
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
If my transits stayed tight they would be the perfect binding. They are getting better ('05s)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2006, 12:45 AM Reply   
06 transits LE are so tight I can't snug them down all the way without getting too tight. They are a sic, comfy boot. Best binding.
Old    ausbill32            04-24-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I demo'd the 06 Transits these weekend and loved them. Super comfy and snug as a bug. I didn't need any juice to get in them. I don't like the style of the clasps because they are a bit hard to tighten down but I could totally live with that... maybe replace them with another type or something.

I'm going to demo the Watson and next weekend and then decide between the two. I'll report back

I tried on the 06 Zeus and didn't like the pressure it placed on the front side of my ankle. A girl I went with though demo'd the Zeus this weekend and she loved them so it's really all about how they fit your foot.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
I tried on the 06 Zeus the other day and they fit my foot perfectly. I also tried on the Murray's. The Murrays felt good but not as good as the Zeus. I still want to try on some other bindings. Still considering a used pair of 05 Transits - Save about $170.00.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
i bought the 05 LF teams. ill let ya know how they are next time im out.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2006, 11:36 PM Reply   
Nice bindings are well youd say NICE!! try the prs1's
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have a narrow foot. Wear a size 10 shoe.

Yesterday I tried on a few bindings.
06' Parks - nice binding similar to models in the past. Difficult to tighten them down just right.

06' Murray - Very comfortable. Not tight enough for me. If they had an option 2 strap they might fit tighter in the right spot.

06' 3DS - Very comfortable and they fit very similar to the Murray. The main difference is the back (behind the calf and heel) is very stiff.

06' Zeus - Work of art. Fit better and tighter than any binding I have ever tried on. Very easy to get in and out of. I'll be getting the Zeus.

I have yet to try on the Watsons. The local shops don't carry LF.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-26-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yeah, you kind have to try bindings on for yourself. I love my '06 Zeus'. Binding lube is a thing of the past on my boat. We had someone ride with us a few weeks back that wasn't using Hingetech and he was struggling for about 5 minutes to get his bindings on because we don't even keep lube on the boat anymore.

I've also really liked the Transits and have heard good things about the clown boots, oops I mean Shane's.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-26-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Solbounds 4 Life