Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-13-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
We've had the best summer in years here in the PNW but I've only been out wakeboarding twice this year. Just can't seem to find the motivation and other people required to get out there. I've been more interested in downhill mountain biking and paintball lately. Last year was pretty much a bust, too, I probably only put 10 hours on the boat all season. Considering the amount of money I have into the boat and truck (that I bought pretty much only to tow the boat), it seems silly to have so much money tied up in something I only do a few times a year. I spend more time reading about wakeboarding than I do actually wakeboarding anymore.

So I put my boat up for sale last week (and planning to sell the truck once the boat sells). I have a couple of seriously interested prospects but now I'm getting cold feet.

Have you ever sold a boat, not planning on buying another one, then regretted it and ended up buying another boat? I'm not really talking about people who sold their boat with the intent to purchase another, but more to people who sold their boat, intending to quit wakeboarding, and then ended up regretting it.
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-13-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
Find a friend with a boat LOL!

I was the opposite of you few years ago. My passion was DH mountain biking and we used to ride year round up here in BC. 10 years of that and I'm burned out and can't be happier with the quality time with the family on the water. I have clocked in close to 75hrs on my boat this season and you know that's pretty damn good considering our weather.

I can't imagine selling the boat unless I absolutely have to due to unforseen circumstances.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-13-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
I put mine up a few winters ago thinking it wouldn't sell and next thing I knew it was being pulled away a week later. Still kick myself for it because A) I loved that boat, and B) I obviously didn't ask near enough for it!!!!!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-13-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
I sold mine mid summer this year, and am back in the market...with that said, I am buying a home as we speak, and the process is taking too long! I am going to be missing summer without a boat due to it. I did not need to sell it and wish I hadn't. It comes down to finances and time spent on it when youre looking to sell. Just go with your gut..not your head sometimes. I truly love the garage time spent with my boat almost as much as on the water....having a boat for the last 7 years I feel lost without it.
-And not having a boat and still frequenting the forums I feel like a psychotic ex girlfriend that wont go away

Last edited by WakeDirt; 08-13-2013 at 2:50 PM.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-13-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Why not just downgrade to a reliable, older boat?
Old     (smitty75)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-13-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
I sold my boat and quit wakeboarding 2 years ago after being in your same situation. Well it took me about 6 months before I completely regretted the sale and started boat shopping again.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-13-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWB745 View Post
Why not just downgrade to a reliable, older boat?
Well, I already have about the lowest budget V-drive wake boat... it's a 2004 sanger v210. I guess I could get an older one but my last boat was a 1989 mastercraft prostar 190 and I got tired of everything being thrashed.

I left earlier to show it to an interested party and I was having second thoughts. I took him for a spin and it took us 45 minutes to get out of the lake due to the launch being totally full. Ugh, picked a bad time, but I won't miss that.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2013, 7:16 PM Reply   
I regretted selling every boat, until I got another one. I just sold my VLX and had to wait to long stinking weeks until we went and pick up the Xstar! Now I am happy, happy, happy!!
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-13-2013, 7:56 PM Reply   
from VLX to X Star, holy cow!!
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       08-13-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
Where in the pnw?? I live in gig harbor we can always use more friends!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-14-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm in Silverdale... Not too far from Gig Harbor. Are you the guy I showed the boat to yesterday? He was from Gig Harbor also.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       08-14-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Oh nice, and no I'm not the guy you showed the boat I'm actually in port orchard I usually say gig harbor because no one knows where it's at I'm on long lake if you ever been Great Lake besides how dirty it is!
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-14-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
DONT' DO IT!!!! I would freak without a boat. I was a mess when we traded ours and I had to wait two weeks for the new one. I kept going in the garage and just starring at the empty space. My wife thought I was a freak.
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-14-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
A boat no, but a couple years ago I sold all 3 of my stand up jet skis.

94 Yamaha Fx1
08 Yamaha Superjet
08 Kawasaki SXR

Since they have essentially stopped making them, the value from 2010 to now has increased on them by roughly 40%, and its hard to find no used not beat to heck for a decent price.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-14-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsorensen View Post
Oh nice, and no I'm not the guy you showed the boat I'm actually in port orchard I usually say gig harbor because no one knows where it's at I'm on long lake if you ever been Great Lake besides how dirty it is!
Oh yeah, my folks live in Manchester actually. I've been to Long Lake and wasn't impressed. If I remember correctly the deepest part was like 10' right? Geesh.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2013, 11:26 PM Reply   
I have a lot of family in Silverdale and Poulsbo. I never knew there was fresh water anywhere near there where you could ride. Is it publicly accessible?
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       08-15-2013, 2:18 AM Reply   
Ehh nah I'd say more than that and it can be a **** show on weekends but after 6 or 7 it's money waters usually flat maybe one boat it's epic! T
He depth doesn't really matter aslong as its deep enough to not affect the wake maybe we can have you out or something!
It would be cool to have more wakeboarding based people on the lake!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-15-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I have a lot of family in Silverdale and Poulsbo. I never knew there was fresh water anywhere near there where you could ride. Is it publicly accessible?
The nearest to me is Kitsap Lake which has a nice city park (Bremerton) on it with a sweet ramp and a dock. Other than that we travel out towards Belfair to Tiger Lake, Panther Lake, Mason Lake. All of the lakes around here get really crowded in afternoons and on weekends, so whenever we want smooth water we go early in the morning or during the work day.

The lakes are all really small so as soon as you get 3-4 boats the water is junk.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       08-15-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Yeah I have a friend on panther ride a little out there!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-16-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
Well... I sold it today. Anyone from this thread in the PNW interested in buying some bags and pumps?

Straight Line Big Bag 350 V Twin Ballast Bag Set (2x350)
Straight Line Super Sumo Pump (2)
Straight Line Sumo Rucsac (225 lbs) (1)

Bought them for ~$435 in may (from wakemakers), used twice, still like new. Pretty nice bags, I love the check valves.