Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-30-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
anybody know anything about this lake you can see clearly on google maps?
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-30-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
That is Shortline Lake. It is private with I believe 6 houses. They hold AWSA tournements there a few time a year.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-30-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
any additional info, kinda sad to have such a nice lake and not have it being used
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-30-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
id love to be one of those 6!!
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-30-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
Actually there are 6 private lakes. When I5 was built they were created accidently as borrow pits. If you look down from plane or sattelite the dirt was used to create on/off ramps. One off of I5 @ Twin Cities Road I cant recall the name of. The next one north is called Mud Puddle and is private ski club. The Third is Beach Lake Preserve. Pisses me off beacuse they are all within 15-20 minutes of my house and they are almost impossible to get access to without big $$. There is another one just off 99 @ Eeschinger Road up against the Consumnes River buth they have water level problems as he has to pay to pump water etc... Very small lake.

Rick
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
The lake that I think he is talking about is off of 99. That is shortline lake, and trust me that lake gets used. It is one of the nicest lake around. The guy that built/designed it did it right.
AL
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2010, 1:21 AM Reply   
Shortline?? How's one to get to use it?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-04-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
you don't get to use it. shortline is exclusive to the homeowners who live there and to those who ski in tournaments that are held there. Most all private sites in Sac area are waterski only and by membership only. There alot more than 6 in this area try more like 20-30. Most the private lakes have been excavated by the owners who built the lake for slalom skiing. The 3 off of 5 however were dug out to use the dirt for overpasses. A few ski clubs leased them to use from the state. Twin cites is the best one out of those 3, its long , deep and wide. No way they will let you on to wakeboard though sorry! There is only one private lake I know of that will let you board on and thats Villa Lagos in Red Bluff. If you want a priavte lake to wakeboard on you will have to pony up, buy the land and dig the lake. otherwise stick to the rivers and public lakes.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Skiers are still pissed that wakeboarding is so much cooler. Ha, ha, ha.

Incidently, I've met very few private lakes that I like. It wrecks a wakeboard set having to rush your tricks so you can get a few in before having to turn around. Soooo, as far as I'm concerned, the skiers can keep their mudholes. I'll take the delta or a full size lake anyday.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-07-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
Shortline is about 2 miles from my house. Went to school with a couple people that skied there.