Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       08-10-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
so i have a 2006 larson, theres no chance of me getting rid of it any time soon but i want a tower or pylon to be able to do stuff easier, and i dont want to drill holes for a tower or pylon so here is what i was thinking... my boats driver and passenger seat are mounted on pedestals... i could make a clamping system that clamps on those which would hold the pylon in place and then use cables around the front of the bow.. heres my thoughts in picture...Upload basically im going for a clean look and easily removable when i just want to cruise. and without drilling holes.
Old     (salomon16)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
I would just drill 4 holes and put a tower on it bro...Pylons are cumbersome and take up lots of moving/head room. Towers give you somewhere to store boards/skis and they don't get in the way. A tower will also add value to you our boat...it really is the way to go. If you're unwilling to drill 4 holes for a tower...are you really serious enough about riding to really need a higher tow point?
Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       08-10-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
its not that im unwilling, getting rid of a "fun" boat in a couple years will be easier without a tower on it since people who just want to cruise with the family arnt really looking for a boat with a tower, plus i dont have a spare two grand at the moment.
Old     (salomon16)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
I disagree with the resale point... I think a tower is an attractive feature for any buyer...plus you can get a nice tower for $675 at DIYwake.com ...thats just my thoughts..If you wanna go the pylon direction the idea you have is def. a good one.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-11-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Matthew I understand your point, but inventing things can make you spend tons of money into something that doesnt work or look good.

Also, I dont think your system is any safe since you have no rear suppor for the Pylon and neither the floor or the seatings have been build with that strong of a pull in mind. You'd probably tore your boat apart.

I'd go with a 3 point pylon, If you want the clean look just take it apart, You will barely notice it and is still a great addon for resale.
I've had great experiences with Skilon Pylons, and they were only around U$D450.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-11-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
there are ways to do it without drilling holes. I made a base that was about 2x2 and the force from the straps holds it down... but you will have to strap to the front and two straps to the back.

Check the diy site for some home made pylons.\

http://bierbower.net/diytower/home.htm
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-11-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
there are some pics of what I did in the this post on the other site

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=21010