Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I'm buying a new board tonight...anyone have some experience with the 07 models? looking at maybe the Murray, Watson, Shane, Byerly, PS3, or 3DS.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
demo, demo, demo, and demo if possible.
I ride the 3ds. has real good pop for a continous rocker board. it also rides a bit longer. I ride a 135, and it feels more like a 139-140 board.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
can't demo...just got 15 inches of snow. could maybe take it out behind a snowmobile and go off some jumps, lol.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
RONIX
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
So Matt have you gotten to ride that Ronix yet?

Jay, the problem is this, you listed 6 boards all of which ride very differently. Subsequently you will get 6 different people who like one of each & espouse its benefits over the others. Problem being 1) They are not you 2) They are not you & 3) You are a special individual (ie. they are not you). Why must you buy tonight? Part of the fun of getting a new board is trying all the new shapes and learning. I say you wait until things thaw out, demo all the new shapes and get your perfect ride. Buying blind is a roll of the dice, big mean dice that hate you 5/6ths of the time. No bueno!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
the reason i want to buy tonight is because i'm going to be buying a bunch of other stuff (just bought a boat) and am going to get a discount because of the big purchase, so i might as well get a board too. i'm 200 lbs, intermediate, like a lot of pop, and am going to need some soft/forgiving landings.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Big heavy is right...unless you know the shapes of the boards prior and how they work on the water.....your taking a big risk... Jay, you have what they call Spring Fever. I am right with you my friend (located in Michigan). And if you have not been on any boards and know what the shapes tend to ride like, it is going to be a gamble. Even if you know the different shapes...3 stage vs continous, bolt on fins as oppose to molded in fins..center fins placement to just two outer fin placement. It still is a big risk. The Ronix stuff is quite a bit thinner boards with stronger glass. That might give a different ride all together. I took a gamble on the Ronix Frontier. The shape is right for me...but new tech and styling in shape could give me surprises that I like or dislike. Time will tell. But Jay, I bought this with a performance warranty (no extra money). This gives me the option, if I do not like the board before June, I can trade it in with no money lost for another board. You could do this with a shop that carries a lot of brands and shapes to choose from. Then you would have your board to admire until the thaw.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-26-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
Put the money in the bank and when it warms up, demo a few to see what YOU like. Anyone that posts up a name for you to buy without suggesting a demo, might not really have your best interest involved. BTW, its ALWAYS better to spend a little more and get what you like than spend money, even if you are getting a good deal, on some on something you dont like.

(Message edited by Byrd on February 26, 2007)

(Message edited by Byrd on February 26, 2007)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
couldn't resist...had to get one. went with the Shane 140. got the performance warranty as well. so if i don't like i can go try something else. thanks for your input guys!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-26-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
LF AXIS
Old    DRA            02-26-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Go with the Faction 144 (CWB)
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-26-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
jay, let me know how you like that shane board!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Jay good job man. The performance Warranty helps you with the early buy. Man if you don't like it...take it back...very cool concept. I bought early too, because when the weather breaks, boards sell. Then you might be waiting for supply to come into your local shop and miss some waketime on a new shape. And that really sucks. Good luck, let me know how it rides this spring.
Old     (hydeout22)      Join Date: May 2006       02-27-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat man. Post how you like your shane 140. Have a shane 140 but haven't ridden it yet. After tons and tons of searching, the shane for me seems to have a huge pop, can also be taken out into the flats, very easy to break loose for surface tricks, but holds hard when on edge and is fast. Thats what I found on it, and thats what made me select it.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike. Those are the same reasons i picked it. Can't wait for the ice to go away and try it out!