Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (waitinforwake2wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
i need help on my w2w desperate my cuzin can doing we don't have a tower or pylon on our boat its a 3.0 mercruiser 175 sea ray trim half up for decent size wake and heres the vid please help!! and everytime i cut hard i land on my jewels or smack my face

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14007 180
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
you need to edge farther out and you will build up more speed. and, idk if this has anything to do w/ it, but you look tense riding, looks like you are holding the rope at your chest the whole time your riding. As well wen you jump pull the rope down. Im new, so i may be wrong.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-25-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
post the vid again and i'll help

i actually here that holding the rope closer too you gives you better pop... but at the chest, thats kinda weird

once i see the vid i'll tell you what you're doing wrong though
Old     (waitinforwake2wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
ight bbking heres the vid it should work

More Videos

or if that doesnt work here is the link again

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14005 702
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Build your edge. I'm not an expert by any means, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. It took a while for me to get it and my 14 y/o daughter gave me the pointer. Really get into building your "progressive edge". I wasn't sure what that meant until I hit a couple really nice ones. Keep your legs strong, bend at the knees and hips, dig your heels in and then when you hit the wake, your own personal little launch ramp, stand tall. Straighten your legs with all you have and for God's sake, don't look down to see how high you are. Keep you eye on the horizon and ride it out.

When building that edge, it's almost like you're trying to scratch your back on the water. Really get into it. Don't worry, the boat's still stronger than you are. It always wins the tug-of-war. Relax your arms, hold on, but not at your chest.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-27-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
okay, i have kinda a step by step thing that should help...
1-you already did good by edging back in forth into the wake
2- go out to the right wake (from the cameras view)... get about 2-3ft away from the wake, stand tall, and edge away from the boat ... this will get you used to standing up from your toe edge and coming into the wake
3- practice on your toe edge, you can't edge out far enough... just practice edging out as far as you can and then stand up and let the rope straighten you back out and do this a couple more times
4- spend one day just practicing extending your legs and getting higher pop, i did this last time and just practiced on my pop and added 2 extra feet to my jump
5- build a progressive edge, its confusing when you hear it but you feel it the first time you hit the wake

edge out as far as you can on your toes, straighten up slowly so you don't build slack, look at the wake and begin to lean as hard as you can...

you'll feel the pull of the rope slowly get harder as you edge in and then you'll just fly across the wake

many people (like myself) learn to clear the wake with all speed and no "pop" by extending your legs, if you practice coming in with a progressive edge and popping your legs and combining the 2, you will become a maniac at jumping

watched it again and you faceplant because you put weight on your front foot on the landing, then as you try and re-stabilize yourself you're going over the other wake causing you to bounce back onto your front foot and go forward...

practice landing not so flat, it'll make landings much better (trust me, i had a few painful falls i can show you from landing flat) but i find the best way to stop landing flat is to pop with my legs, pull my feet up and what not, and then land (don't land crouched though)

(Message edited by bbking on July 27, 2007)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-27-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
i'm no pro but i started this season and have since learned a lot from having to teach myself-going through the mistakes i noticed you make and more! so i still remember everything i did wrong and how i've corrected it
here is one of my earlier w2w
http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3061507690091415938crizJi

this is why you don't land on your front foot!
http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3096954870091415938eldxIe