Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-25-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
Any experience, good or bad with Boss Marine components?

Wired remote and head unit MP3 capable marine rated for $169, and 4x250 amp for $189

amp: www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15983

Head Unit: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15982

I'm looking to power 6 factory Malibu Kickers, plus 2 towers speakers in the future. Will this amp be enough? Just looking for a serviceable system, nothing killer, and trying to keep price in line. Any other options that would accomplish my goal? Am I going to need a 2nd battery?

Thanks!

Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-26-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-26-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
I would say that it is comparable to Pyramid or Radio Shack.

If you are looking to save money on a system, look for used headunits. Don't skimp on the amp....get a nice MTX, PPI, Kicker amp with at least the rated power of the speakers.

You can get a 850.4 kicker amp for 279 on ebay.
THis radio for 150.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-Quart-NRA-450-CD-MP3-Player-Nautic-Marine-NRA450-NEW_W0QQitemZ7603496401QQcategoryZ18798QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-26-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
I got a boss C600 amp. It is rated for 75watts rms x 4. For $80 on ebay, I think it is a pretty good amp. I dont have much experience with car/marine audio, but the amp lasted me all of last summer with no problems and powered my 6.5 sony xplods back 65' to the rider. I am upgrading this summer, but it was a good system for the price.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-26-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
First of all I agree with Rich on not skimping on head unit. Buy a decent one. Pioneer has some cheap ones and don't buy that Boss amp. It is a flee market grade amp. Save some more money or get a better amp. No Boss, Jensen, Californa Amps and lower end Sony (K-Mart brands). Rick is right about kicker amps for cheap on ebay.

I don't think it you will need another battery for what you want.

I was always told, why is there always time to do it over, and never enough time to do it right the first time.

Spend a little more and get better equipment that will last longer and you won't have to replace in 4 months.
Brannon
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
After submarining my old boat and killing the deck I need a unit to use for one summer. Needed a remote and aux-in, Boss got the nod. It was not bad but there are lots of better options for not much more cash. The Boss was very slow to turn on or resume from pause, quite annoying. The remote is not waterproof, it was fogging but still working when I sold the boat.