Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-16-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Paradise Watersports brought out a 2010 F-21 and a 2010 VLX to pull the contest. The contest was awesome, flat water, little to no wind, a lot of sponsors and swag, and it ran smoothly except when they had to change over boats.

VLX- didnt get to ride behind this new hull, but the boat looks incredible. The fit and finish both inside and out was better than on the previous boat (05-08) imo. I am sure the wake is great too.

F-21- had a bad experience a couple years back when a F-23 was brought out to pull us. They could not get both sides of the wake consistent, so it was scrapped and another boat ended up pulling the event. So yesterday there was a beautiful white and orange F-21. My buddy ended up riding behind it in order to get the wake dialed in and he loved it, so I was all excited to ride it. I think the set up was as follows. stock ballast full (1800 lbs?) a 400 in each rear locker, a 250 or so in the front port locker, and a 250 or so in the bow under the filler cushion. I am guestimating about 3000 lbs plus 5 or 6 people. When I rode, they were experiencing a problem with the ballast drain valve or something, so the starboard wake was a little washed out, but the port side wake was mackin. it was hard and big and clean. We rode 80 at 25 and we were getting booted. I was dissapointed that the wake was a little dirty on my heelside, but I know it was due to the ballast system. So, they switched over to the VLX and tried to set it up for the pro's... it took about 45 minutes to do so.

The boat had 0 hours on it and had not been tested yet. I definitely want more time behind this wake. The "look" of the boat is not attractive to me, and the stock bimini top looks cheap... but the fit and finish of this boat is excellent. the layout of the interior makes it feel like a much bigger boat. the tower is tall and solid, and the swivel racks are nice. The interior vinyl feels plush and thick. The dash layout is simple and clean. The ballast fills super fast. There is very little engine noise and the electric hatch lifts are pretty cool. There is plenty of storage and the rear lockers have plenty of room for big sacks although I don't know if it is possible to add sacks to the stock ballast system.

I have heard it said that MB F-21 is price matching Axis' A22. If that is the case, I think that there will be alot of new F-21 owners this next year.

The only bummer was that the ballast system was failing, and for many of us, yesterday was our "first impression". You'd think MB sales/reps would have taken the boat out just to check all the systems before pulling a 40+ rider competition, and make sure the wake was dialed. I just think it was a mistake to not have the boat presented with its "A-game". With that said, I was super impressed with the boat and now understand a little bit better why Rathy signed with MB.

I highly recommend riding and driving both the new vlx's, F-21's and Axis boats.

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 05-16-2010 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Mis-spell