Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-10-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
I'm interested in what people's thought are of both these boards, especially if you've ridden both. I currently have a Parks, and absolute, now looking at these two boards. I don't live were I can demo both, so I'll probably end up buying one online and then deciding if it was a good decision. Else I may go to a camp to try both out. Please let me know the good and bad of both boards. Thanks in advance.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
Thad, I am trying both boards this week. I will let you know. If you bought your board from grizzly-sports you could probably exchange it if you rode it once and really didn't like it. E-mail me if you want and I can put you in touch with a sales rep. They are a reputable shop in WA that does a lot of online sales as well.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-10-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
I actually rode both of them in the same day last week.

I rode the ONE 137 with ONE bindings and the Transcend 138 with Zeus bindings. Heres what I thought.

The ONEs rocker is very nice. It is a very abrupt pop of the wake, almost identical to the 05-06 Parks boards. But thats about all this board had going for it. With the bottom being completly flat, the landings are SUPER HARD. Taking this board into the flatts is almost a deathwish for your knees. Also, with the fins that come stock with it, it is like riding on train tracks.... it is very very hard to break it loose no matter how flat you are on it..... So that being said, If you end buying it, I have heard that people like it much better with smaller .7 inch hyperlite fins. Lastly, I was very lucky to even ride this board, because my friend rode it right after me, and on his second jump, he cased the wake on a 540 and put a nice crack right down the middle of the board. We could bend the board into a crescent moon shape with the crack in it. So Ronix does not have me too excited... I was curious to see how good this stuff would be, and I am disapointed to say the least.

As to the 07 Transcend, theres not much negative stuff I can say about it. I deffinetly like it much better than the ONE... but thats just my opinion. The board pops insane.... You can choose to take the board straight up, or way out into the flatts. With the rocker under your foot instead of in the middle of the board, you are in control on every jump. Also I love the way it tracks.... I got the smaller fin extensions on it, and its perfect for what I like. Tracks good on edge, but you can break it away when needed. Also, the landings are BUTTER.... it has a pretty large center spine down the middle of it, and that makes any landing soooo soft. Again this is just my opinion, but the Transcend is amazing, and I would take it over the ONE anyday.

CHRIS
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
ay thad. i have the Ronix One w/ Murrays and i think its a good board. no offense to chris but he focused mainly on the negative. first off this thing pops. when i was just warmin up i barly cut at the wake and cleared the wake. in my oppinion its pretty loose, then again my last board was an 04 byerly [now thats a tough board, fell off my forks onto the freeway!] any way my landings are pretty soft, then again i generally land on the tails of boards. its deffinately a board for spinning with a very low swing wieght. i think ronix did a great job esp with it being thier first year and i look forward to seeing the '08's. in my oppinion the C-Dubbs are wayy over priced and land verryy hard.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-10-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have the Ronix One and i like it a lot. It is much better with .8 P-wings. Has a lot of pop and lands pretty soft for me. Ive cased the wake a couple of times and gone into the flats. Board holding up pretty strong
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-10-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Go Transend, like they said it pops great, tracks nice and is an all around great shape. It also shows billy whos boss
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-10-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
OH Kellen your such a funny guy... Ur just jelous of my skills. lol. jp.. yea right... If you were on the one you might land that whirly hahahaha
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
CWB SUCKKS!!
Who said that?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2007, 4:27 AM Reply   
hey Trever...

you said I FOCUSED on the negatives.... So that means everything I said negative was true...

Your right, because that board has a lot of negatives. Also, I did say that the pop was good, but again, that is all the ONE has going for it... also how are u going to call CWB overpriced.... Ronix has wayyyy higher prices on even their lowend gear... all the pro stuff is around the same price.

ur smart
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
You can't go wrong with the Transcend. It does EVERYTHING well. It has the pop of a big-rocker board, with the speed of a small rocker board. I actually dropped a size at started riding a 138 again, and it still glides across the water.

It lands soft super soft. I personally think stopping the molded fins short of the tail is the way to go. The fin configuration is just perfect.

I ride with three other guys. This year 3/4 are riding the new Transcend. Sweet ride.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-11-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Actually, Chris' review, was dead on. But I would take the One bindings and mate them with the Trans board and love that marriage all day long.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-11-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
The way a board rides is 90% rider....at least.

OUT!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
"The way a board rides is 90% rider....at least."

So you're saying that every board rides the same? It's just us?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
The ronix one bindings are very light compared to the cwb's with the hinge. I am still waiting to try out the transcend I have sitting here to demo.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
CWB boards are a tad heavy in my opinion....

i Have a ronix ONE and i love it personally.

and i have soft landings even when i huck stuff into the flats, and ive cased the crap out of my wake and nothing has happened...

But chris was right abot the fins, i just took the back fins off and i like it then.

and the pop is amazing on my Ronix
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-11-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have rode both of the boards also. I think most opinions are correct. Here are my thoughts:

Ronix One 137 - Super fun to carve around with! I would compare the pop on it to be like the parks, Huge when you hit it right but very inconsistant. Landings = very hard in the flats
I like a loose board and I definatly rode it 100 times better without fins. Standard fins seem to be a bit toooo much

CWB Transcend 138 - There wasn't really anything bad about this board! As stated I like a loose board and with the standard fins it took a little more to break loose. Finless was great except I kept slipping out on my toeside. I think the Platty fins will probably be the way to go (Or I could just learn to edge a little better on my toeside). The landings where SUPER soft! Pop was great and very predictable.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Good luck on your decision!
Old    kidrik            04-11-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
I've never tried this, and would rather not, but the little intro suggested possibly leaving only the toeside fins on while dialing it in.......?

That would drive me nuts.

Anyway, I love the Transcend so far, and agree with Mike on the fins. I like loose much better, and it rides damn nice without fins! (J-Rod is sending me some platty fins though, and I can't wait to check 'em out...) Then I can know what truly feels best.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thad, I also used to ride the parks, and when i tried the Ronix One i felt like it was very slippery and could'nt hold the edge that well when carving into the wake. The one thing i did like about the One was how well it turned in the air on spins, very effortless. If you like the parks which I did i would recommend the Ronix Covin which has great pop.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
Myke, if you slipping out on your toesdie, some people are using the fin extension to help them on their not so good edges... my friend has the long fin extension on his switch toeside, and the rest are just the smaller extensions.... he loves it!!
Old    kidrik            04-11-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
It's like de ja' vu all over again......
Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2007, 11:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input everyone, It appears that the Transcend would be the safest first buy.
Any more advice is still welcome, I'll probably not do anything for a couple of weeks. Still trying to decide on a way to try both.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-12-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
plus you gotta remember... if you get the ronix one, you'll land a 1080 in no time!!! . just kidding(had to say it). No but i came off the parks before getting the one and i love it like i said before. I dont know how people are breaking them tho. I'm 240 lbs. and mine has held up strong. No problems at all.

Like they have all said tho, there is pretty much nothing but good things about the transcend. I have never personally rode it but Kellen has it and he rips on it. You might even think about the covin as well.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-12-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Does anyone know where you can pick up some of the shorter fin extensions that come with the platinum?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
but i just thought id throw this out there, i hover around 120 pounds so i dont feel comfortable on a 138, id probably ride Andrew's board if i was bigger
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Another vote for the Transcend. I absolutely love this board. It's the first board that I can't find anything wrong with. Tons of pop, excellent tracking and super soft landings.

If you want a light board, then buck up for the Platinum. It's get you a bit more snap off the wake and drop a pound.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-14-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
07 Transcend, love everything about it!!
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-16-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
I've ridden both boards. . .

I was riding the Transcend at the end of last year and fell in love with the shape. I was amazed at the pop and the soft landings. I really wanted to ride Ronix this year and was set up with a Ronix One Forty two and really liked it at first. The more I rode the board the worse my knees felt. Really hard landings. the board does have amazing pop, but I didn't feel like I could get it on a really hard edge. The board is super light though.

I really like the One bindings. Super comfy, and good support.

I'm not a big fan of C-dub bindings, but I am switching back to the 07 Transcend. . .
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
....just a coincidence that the One lands hard, and the rider that designed it is a "wake-to-wake" rider? Hmmmm....
Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-17-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

Where I'm trying without riding, would you still suggest the Platinum or just get the Platinum fins? Is it that much better or lighter?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
I like the Platinum, personally. It feels a little lighter in the air (I think it's nearly a pound).

As far as the ride. They feel the same to me. I always thought the Platinum board popped a little harder, but some say the extra stiffness makes them hard harder also. I haven't found this to be a problem.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-18-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Call Performance Ski and Surf in Orlando. they sell both and have plenty of pros and semi pros working there. They are really great giving you the low down how the boards are. Spoke to Anthony, very informative. If one associate has not rode the board, they will put you on the phone with someone who has. I like Performance because they are not biased. They sell just about everything. So get a second or third opinion...call Performance..well worth it.